St Mirren v Aberdeen 15/12/18

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Simple things amuse simple minds I suppose.

So, very true Kemp.

Great for the game in Scotland

Looking forward to us being in 8th or 9th place come the season end. Considering everything that happened since JR started his courtship dances with other clubs, that would be a massive achievement. Staying up will be OK too.

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

No you change, erm  sack, the manager when he upsets senior players

Can't agree with that as a policy to follow Bud. It could just be the right thing to do..or the wrong one. I can't help but think that there was more to the story than that. But...I doubt we will ever know. I'm with IOBS on this one. OK will be given time in the same sense that JR was and the test is now greater than it was in the Championship.

Edited by St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

No, you sack him when he blows his entire budget signing a load of duds and demonstrates time and again to lack even of the most basic leadership skills.

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Colin stick to the wine and keep off the weed  your constant posting should be a concern to your mates. At least you don't keep tipping Ian Murray to be the best thing since slice bread. 

48 minutes ago, shull said:

Reminiscent of that free kick against Dunfermline last season. Waiting for the shot to happen and instead it’s a well worked assist. Great moment for McPherson too, well done to him.

Goals concedes are shite, asking for trouble giving away a penalty. And who reacted to deny the rebound for the 2nd?

20 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Colin stick to the wine and keep off the weed  your constant posting should be a concern to your mates. At least you don't keep tipping Ian Murray to be the best thing since slice bread. 

It's not me that keeps the debate going it's post like Kemp's which seek to misrepresent what actually has happened this season!

If people stop posting this tedious spin, I'll stop pointing it out!

Edited by Bud the Baker

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's not me that keeps the debate going it's post like Kemp's which seek to misrepresent what actually has happened this season!

My post was a wee bit strong so appoliges on that front. 

18 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Are you suggesting Allan Stubbs was sacked for the sole reason that Stephen McGinn and Cammy Smith asked for it to happen?

We have paid our biggest post-Bosman transfer fee for a guy that can't even get a game against Morton reserves now! Stubbs was sacked because of the overwhelming evidence that he doesn't know what he is doing. (And yes, Im sure not being able to man manage McGinn and Smith would be part of that)

Not sure what exactly I am alleged to be spinning here?

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

Are you suggesting Allan Stubbs was sacked for the sole reason that Stephen McGinn and Cammy Smith asked for it to happen?

We have paid our biggest post-Bosman transfer fee for a guy that can't even get a game against Morton reserves now! Stubbs was sacked because of the overwhelming evidence that he doesn't know what he is doing. (And yes, Im sure not being able to man manage McGinn and Smith would be part of that)

Not sure what exactly I am alleged to be spinning here?

Not the sole reason, but it was clearly the deciding factor.

You don't need to lecture me about Stubbs shortcomings, I was pointing them out while he was still the "bee's  knees" to many on here. The BoD should have held a "clear the air" meeting with Stubbs and the players in question and not followed the path they did which will obviously have been costly and doesn't seem to have improved the situation. 

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

You don't need to lecture me about Stubbs shortcomings, I was pointing them out while he was still the "bee's  knees" to many on here. The BoD should have held a "clear the air" meeting with Stubbs and the players in question and not followed the path they did which will obviously have been costly and doesn't seem to have improved the situation. 

Surely the players losing motivation was just the final straw? GS was clearly happy to pull the trigger at that point.

His signings were shite and he was clearly a bit of a knob. Best to just rip the plaster off at that point.

Things have clearly improved. I've never seen a Saints team look as lost as during that Queens Park game. OK has signed a couple decent players too. At least without Stubbs there is hope it will get better next year.

How the feck is clear the air talks going to fix the all the pish he signed up they were absolute correct in trying to fix their mistake on appointing him by giving him the boot when they did.

No one thought Stubbs was the bees knees yet more nonsense just some were willing to give him the time to assemble a squad since he got appointed to which he f**ked up our squad.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Surely the players losing motivation was just the final straw? GS was clearly happy to pull the trigger at that point.

His signings were shite and he was clearly a bit of a knob. Best to just rip the plaster off at that point.

Things have clearly improved. I've never seen a Saints team look as lost as during that Queens Park game. OK has signed a couple decent players too. At least without Stubbs there is hope it will get better next year.

The thing is, have things improved. 

OK has signed 3 players. Ferdinand isn't fit though I'm certain he's better than others when he is. Hammill is another with talent but has had to be removed more than once due to injury/fitness. Jackson may be a good player but he lacks pace, seems afraid to go for 50/50m balls and is used badly by OK. We are no better in terms of points tally and can't hold on to a winning position. It is quite often a mystery as to our formation, players are played out of position and the substitutions bizarre. I am fast beginning to think OK is out of his depth and perhaps a transfer window might be wasted on him.