Stick or twist in January?

14 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

With the transfer window getting near, I was wondering if the board should be spending money on bringing in new players or should they be budgeting for a big transfer fund for the championship ? 

I would keep it for championship because it won't matter who comes in in January we are totally f**ked. 

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

I would keep it for championship because it won't matter who comes in in January we are totally f**ked. 

Away back to support Celtic you fecking moron.

To answer the question, we definitely need to have a big player turnaround in January. In most seasons, our points tally so far would make it very difficult to stay up, but this is not a normal season, as Dundee and Hamilton are about as bad as us. The team(s) that stay up will be the ones who do the best recruitment in January. 

just hope the board have chosen right man,as a believe they haven't,part time school teacher is not the answer and a wouldn't give Kearney lots of dosh as a think he as clueless as Stubbs.but will keep backing us and supporting us.gotta hope for play off spot at least,and we will beat championship team over 2 games,just my personal opinion the same as every other bud,this is a absolute nightmare of a season and every week it chips away a bit more positivity 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Away back to support Celtic you fecking moron.

To answer the question, we definitely need to have a big player turnaround in January. In most seasons, our points tally so far would make it very difficult to stay up, but this is not a normal season, as Dundee and Hamilton are about as bad as us. The team(s) that stay up will be the ones who do the best recruitment in January. 

f**k off ya knob

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We will recruit in two parts in my opinion Firstly 3/4 players till the end of the season to give us a chance of staying up and another 3/4 on two year contracts to help us get back up if that's what we have to do. Made more difficult with Samson having gone. 

That is my hope , and if possible manage to do it with most the costs being made by getting players out on loan in January , and sending some of our loanees back to their clubs.

58 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We will recruit in two parts in my opinion Firstly 3/4 players till the end of the season to give us a chance of staying up and another 3/4 on two year contracts to help us get back up if that's what we have to do. Made more difficult with Samson having gone. 

Signing players on 2 year contracts in January when embroiled in a relegation battle is difficult. More difficult than when Ross managed it simply down to the wage gulf between Prem and Championship. It will be signings specifically to keep us up then a stock take in the summer dependent on which division we find ourselves in. No idea why anyone thinks we are gone when we are not even bottom. All still to play for do why on earth would we plan as if relegation is a formality. The negativity from some of our supporters is astonishing.

ETA the negativity part wasn't aimed at you Ricky despite me quoting your post, was making the initial point about signings.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I know you live in a parallel universe but can I ask who of any quality is going to come and join a sinking ship and how do we manage to offload enough deadwood in order to bring EIGHT players to the club in January. Oh...and you'll need a lot more than 3/4 new faces to win the Championship!!!!Can't think of a single player I would be disappointed to lose if we go down. Absolutely no core there to build a team around!!

34 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I know you live in a parallel universe but can I ask who of any quality is going to come and join a sinking ship and how do we manage to offload enough deadwood in order to bring EIGHT players to the club in January. Oh...and you'll need a lot more than 3/4 new faces to win the Championship!!!!Can't think of a single player I would be disappointed to lose if we go down. Absolutely no core there to build a team around!!

You have illustrated the challenge.  Not the solution. 

It's up to our CEO and Management team to make it happen. 

Let's judge them on how they handle the challenge. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Can't think of a single player I would be disappointed to lose if we go down. Absolutely no core there to build a team around!!

The only plus from our current situation is that a lot of contracts come to an end at the end of the season . Hopefully that will give an opportunity for Rice , McPherson , Nicholl and Kearney to bring in some decent players . 

I think we have a chance of making decent signings this transfer window . Hopefully one or two early on to encourage others .

12 hours ago, paul torfason said:

After today's performance most of today's team not up for the fight,the old saying is"who would you want in the barracks with you"and I'd be shit scared if left with this lot.total imposters,wage thieves, heartless,pussies...sorry guys,but hurting like f**k..wish these so called players felt the same

Reporting for duty Oran 

20739BBC-A995-4323-9161-82DD02430BD2.jpeg

On 12/8/2018 at 9:56 PM, Mr Optimistic said:

Think you might need to change your username...

There are lots of players out there who would be only too happy to come to us. The lure of regular football is a strong one, and a short term deal to put themselves in the shop window can be very appealing to players in the January window. Many players are stuck int he reserves at bigger clubs, or are struggling to break through with the competition at a lot of clubs.

It is not even nearly all over yet, and I personally think it wouldn't be too difficult to bring in players who are considerably better than those we have at the club right now. Hammill is just an example of the type of player who is out there. Keep the faith.

15 minutes ago, Saint_Sad said:

If we don't pick up a point before the break we will have amassed 6 points in 17 games under the new manager.

Fills you with confidence for the rest of the season. 

I am not in the least bit confident

I think we will be relegated by beginning of April.............

Still love Saints unconditionally though.................. but if Fitzy says again that we will be a top team I would can him..............  

On 12/8/2018 at 9:56 PM, Mr Optimistic said:
On 12/8/2018 at 8:38 PM, St.Ricky said:

May I suggest that you change your moniker from Mr Optimistic to Mr Miserable barsteward?  :lol:

On 12/8/2018 at 5:16 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

With the transfer window getting near, I was wondering if the board should be spending money on bringing in new players or should they be budgeting for a big transfer fund for the championship ? 

Surely this is exactly the kind of key decision that Gus should be planning for ?

id be keen to know if his scouting / contacts or influence and what quality potential signings he has lined up  so Oran and the team will reap the benefits and justify his wage !

On 12/8/2018 at 5:16 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

There is absolutely no way we will get promoted any time soon if we end up back in the Championship. It was a miraculous achievement to only spend 3 years in the Championship the last time. It will be at least that again, probably significantly more.

People need to get this idea out their head of us going down, spending big money then coming straight back up. It never happens. 

In terms us us developing into a premier league team over the next 5 or so years it's all or nothing in January. We absolutely have to stay up this season. We need to do everything we can do in January to make sure we stay up.

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We are not adrift yet. Get a grip of yourself.

Going by what I have witnessed over the last few weeks we are miles behind every  single team in this league. We are going down it would not matter if we brought in Messi and Ronaldo they would turn in to utter shite playing for us. It baffles me how any one can be positive about this team we are rank rotten it does not matter who plays for us or who the manager is nine times out off ten we are shite it's heart breaking watching it week after week but its like a drug you get addicted to it and suffer the consequences on game day. 

Just now, elvis said:

Going by what I have witnessed over the last few weeks we are miles behind every  single team in this league. We are going down it would not matter if we brought in Messi and Ronaldo they would turn in to utter shite playing for us. It baffles me how any one can be positive about this team we are rank rotten it does not matter who plays for us or who the manager is nine times out off ten we are shite it's heart breaking watching it week after week but its like a drug you get addicted to it and suffer the consequences on game day. 

Wow :huh::lol: