Stick or twist in January?

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Going by what I have witnessed over the last few weeks we are miles behind every  single team in this league. We are going down it would not matter if we brought in Messi and Ronaldo they would turn in to utter shite playing for us. It baffles me how any one can be positive about this team we are rank rotten it does not matter who plays for us or who the manager is nine times out off ten we are shite it's heart breaking watching it week after week but its like a drug you get addicted to it and suffer the consequences on game day. 

Not everyone buckles at the slightest hurdle life throws in their way.

You seem to have the resilience of used toilet paper.

It's only football. We get relegated, we go again next season. It's hardly the end of the world and it's certainly not worth ruining your life over.

12 hours ago, elvis said:

Going by what I have witnessed over the last few weeks we are miles behind every  single team in this league. We are going down it would not matter if we brought in Messi and Ronaldo they would turn in to utter shite playing for us. It baffles me how any one can be positive about this team we are rank rotten it does not matter who plays for us or who the manager is nine times out off ten we are shite it's heart breaking watching it week after week but its like a drug you get addicted to it and suffer the consequences on game day. 

Elvis.  Your reputation is built on your own very special brand of pessimism. We are (literally)  behind every team in this league but were one position lower in our final and title winning game in the championship.  We are bottom but there are not many points between the bottom four clubs.  I do think it matters who the manager is and events over the last few years bear this out.  Our summer disintegrated into a chaotic will he leave, when will he leave caper with JR with only two players recruited.  Then came As and a motley crew of signings. Next came Oran and three decent out of contract player signings,  one of whom has scored two goals which are both strong contenders for goal of the season.  We are very inconsistent but plainly not playing well.  Supporting a team is like a drug which captures your emotions.  Truth is.. We are down.. But we are not yet out.  We all need to show the fighting spirit we are demanding from the players from top to bottom of the club and as supporters. Release 10, bring in 5/7 experienced players with things to prove and let's see where it takes us.  

Edited by St.Ricky

Our January window last year is evident that a clear out done the right way can be a successful one. I believe with our new recruitment policy in place since Gus' appointment, we should be in a better position to bring players in than we were last January. It's the moving players on that may prove difficult.

On 12/8/2018 at 7:05 PM, paul torfason said:

just hope the board have chosen right man,as a believe they haven't,part time school teacher is not the answer and a wouldn't give Kearney lots of dosh as a think he as clueless as Stubbs.but will keep backing us and supporting us.gotta hope for play off spot at least,and we will beat championship team over 2 games,just my personal opinion the same as every other bud,this is a absolute nightmare of a season and every week it chips away a bit more positivity 

A tad unfair to judge the manager by his background. A background that includes a successful time with his previous  employers including a national trophy.

Gus came from playing football to managing his first club in such a short space of time and achieved promotion followed by survival in the premiership.

JR achieved promotion in his first full season as a manager.

Danny Lennon not only achieved survival in the premier League, he gave us our highest finished and a national cup. This from a manager who only managed previously in a lower league.

KTF

Maybe we should ship out most of our playing Squad along with Oran, Gus, Rice & Nicholl.

Install Martindale from Livy as our new Team Supremo.

Give him a budget to build a Team ( he might invest some of his own money )

I would be all for that scenario.

12 hours ago, shull said:

Maybe we should ship out most of our playing Squad along with Oran, Gus, Rice & Nicholl.

I see you left Tony out of your bloodbath! :blink:

12 hours ago, shull said:

On so many levels I'm sure this is a wind up Shull.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, elvis said:

Really Elvis, you don't say !!!!

13 hours ago, shull said:

Yes a community based football club should be handing money to a convicted drug baron who was sentenced to 6 years jail. Just shut up you fool !

Club chairman says the turnaround in January will be bigger than Ross's big reshuffle in January 2017, but then goes on to say that a lot less will be coming in. All clear as mud?

i will be v interested to see how successful the club are in shifting players on two and three year contracts to anyone, and indeed trying to get them to agree to loan moves to Dumbarton, Airdrie or Cowdenbeath. These guys agents ate simply going to say 'naw' my player will stay and fight for a starting position, until the club offer to buy out their contract.

that may be the reason why only a couple come in as all the cash is being splashed on payoffs? Indeed it may have the look of a club restructuring for the championship? Does anyone think we will attract more players of the quality of Hammill, Ferdinand or Jackson next month?

Edited by Lord Pityme

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yes a community based football club should be handing money to a convicted drug baron who was sentenced to 6 years jail. Just shut up you fool !

The forum jester, who somehow stays on here

Maybe we should start a movement to get rid of the stupid fanny once and for all

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We have already sold our soul to sectarianism and bigotry. 

In for a penny and aw that. 

Martindale is the man. 

Give him an opportunity. 

His Time has been served. 

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe we should start a movement to get rid of the stupid fanny once and for all

Morning honey :wub:

Thanks for giving me the constant loving attention that I crave. :lol:

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We ??? 

Ask Div if you can become a Moderator and you can do the job for EVERYBODY. 

:lol:

Just now, shull said:

That would be down to my Doctor. 

Nor really comprehending your question. 

Are you on the wrong Thread ? 

You have gone from being  a strong apologist, even evangelist for Saints to suddenly wanting rid of everybody at the club. 

Why is that? 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

it's not jibe.  You seem to have become negative. Why?  You have been through tough times with the club before and will again. 

So you call me a racist with no evidence. Now according to you, I am on mind altering drugs. 

Maybe you think Martindale supplies me. 

You're needing skimmed. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

So you call me a racist with no evidence. Now according to you, I am on mind altering drugs. 

Maybe you think Martindale supplies me. 

You're needing skimmed. 

Repeat...its not a jibe.. You are usually very positive on here (one topic apart). 

Why the change,  why so negative about the club? 

Not like you.