Stick or twist in January?

On 12/12/2018 at 12:32 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Is Jackson "quality" - not seeing any great evidence of it myself. If the chairman has said the turnaround will be bigger than that performed by JR you have to assume they mean in numbers. On that basis if only a couple come in then the numbers will be made up by outgoings. Personally can't see it that way round myself so for the chairman to have said something like this they must have preparations made and players / agents sounded out about moves out as well as in. We could speculate until the cows come home lets just concentrate on trying to pick up what we can before that and see what happens.

Jackson won't score barrowloads, he's not that type of player. What he does have is a lot of game awareness - his pass to Edwards in the first half yesterday was fantastic. I think he'll be better when playing with better players and ideally with someone else up front, don't think he's suited to playing up front on his own as he doesn't have the physical strength for that role, but there's definitely a good player in there.

Jackson won't score barrowloads, he's not that type of player. What he does have is a lot of game awareness - his pass to Edwards in the first half yesterday was fantastic. I think he'll be better when playing with better players and ideally with someone else up front, don't think he's suited to playing up front on his own as he doesn't have the physical strength for that role, but there's definitely a good player in there.
I like Jackson, and see his contribute in these terms too.

3 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
7 hours ago, Hendo said:

I like Jackson, and see his contribute in these terms too.

I rate Jackson too. More than once on Saturday he got into good positions in the goal area but the ball wasn't delivered. All about opinions of course.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I have not read this thread.

BTW hope all fellow Buddies had a great Christmas and I wish you all the very best for the forthcoming new year.

Anyway TWIST, TWIST like a Labour politicians values, TWIST like buggery.  TWIST, TWIST and TWIST some more.

All the best everyone.

I agree Tom, but not like we did last summer. <_<

45 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The thread is pretty pointless . Given our situation of course we will go for it. We are a couple of points off absolute safety and not even bottom. Silly question in reality.

Actually check out the OP. There’s a valid question there- you might not agree with it, but it’s a strategy. I say it’s a balance- we should have a go, but be mindful that a good championship campaign can give us a second chance at the platform we thought we had post-Ross. 

Edited by Paisleyporridge

1 hour ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Actually check out the OP. There’s a valid question there- you might not agree with it, but it’s a strategy. I say it’s a balance- we should have a go, but be mindful that a good championship campaign can give us a second chance at the platform we thought we had post-Ross. 

Or alternatively we could be thwarted in our efforts for promotion by another Jack Ross style manager thus seeing us stagnate in the second tier, slowly decaying Dundee Utd style!

No we must twist

Twist like Jacob Rees Moggs knife in Dancer Mays back, twist like Jeremy Corbyn being asked his opinion on Brexit, twist like the DUP (whom Labour have said they would happily work with) with a billion pounds Tory bribe banked, twist like a unionists morals.

Twist, twist and twist until we are as twisted as Katie Hopkins twitter account.

Oran Kearney's twisted army!!!!!

Seasons greetings forum friends, seasons greetings indeed

On 12/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

The thread is pretty pointless . Given our situation of course we will go for it. We are a couple of points off absolute safety and not even bottom. Silly question in reality.

But St Mirren Fans are a broad church with a variety of approaches and interests.  I agree though... We will twist. 

https://i.imgur.com/vSjV1PH.gif

42 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

If it’s true then we are definitely twisting. Just hope we don’t get bust. 

53 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

If true, surely this means we’d have to pay a transfer fee? Unless we are going for someone a lower league club wants to release :lol:

On 12/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, oaksoft said:

We should only go for it if we have the money to do so and if we can survive being relegated if it goes wrong.

The decision should be a financial one.

Agree with this.  How about Ikechi Anya as a wild card? 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/04/do-report-birmingham-city-interested-in-derby-outcast-ikechi-any/

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What planet are you on ? He has been linked with a move from Derby to Birmingham, not Darlington to Braintree ! His wages will be more than our squads combined.