Stick or twist in January?

On 12/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

The thread is pretty pointless . Given our situation of course we will go for it. We are a couple of points off absolute safety and not even bottom. Silly question in reality.

My original post asked if the board should cut their loses for this season and focus on budgeting for a championship winning side for next season So far they have definitely cut the budget. 

33 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

My original post asked if the board should cut their loses for this season and focus on budgeting for a championship winning side for next season So far they have definitely cut the budget. 

What an absolutely stupid idea. We’re half way through the season, we’re not even bottom and only 2 points adrift of the team above us, yet you think giving up is an option.

Jesus Christ!!

36 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

They are doing exactly what we were told they would do at the Q&A move a bunch of players on and bring a small number of hopefully better ones in. 

OK even quoted in the paper today saying ‘it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we’d have to move players on before bringing new ones in’ 

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

There is no way you can make that statement with any shred of honesty / truth until we see what we sign to replace those leaving.

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

So far the club are going about things in the right way. A number of players have been moved on and little, if any, recruitment would be possible without doing that. A few more to go out. Then watch for new faces coming in. I'm sure you agree that the players brought in by OK have been of a higher quality than those brought in by the previous manager. No need for pessimism as we are still in the mix. Twist is what is happening.

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What an absolutely stupid idea. We’re half way through the season, we’re not even bottom and only 2 points adrift of the team above us, yet you think giving up is an option.

Jesus Christ!!

Where do I say I think it’s a good idea to give up ? I think it’s an absolutely stupid idea to jump in with your opinion before checking your facts . As for Jesus Christ, if he can deal with difficult crosses get him signed. 

196F667A-07CC-494C-8723-C9DDC027D725.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Where do I say I think it’s a good idea to give up ? I think it’s an absolutely stupid idea to jump in with your opinion before checking your facts . As for Jesus Christ, if he can deal with difficult crosses get him signed. 

196F667A-07CC-494C-8723-C9DDC027D725.jpeg

Ha ha. Fair play but I think you ought to take your own advice about reading peoples posts. I never said you said it was a good idea. I said you said it was an option, which you clearly did by putting the ridiculous notion out there in the first place . :P

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

There is no way you can make that statement with any shred of honesty / truth until we see what we sign to replace those leaving.

I can and I have. I am not advocating that stmirren right off the rest of the season, My original post was to generate discussion around the risk involved in gambling on staying in the league v long term financial stability. I had to look up the meaning of forum so I wasn’t breaking any of your rules. :whistle

E54208D8-9556-4E9A-9E4A-3D538DDFD212.jpeg

15 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I can and I have. I am not advocating that stmirren right off the rest of the season, My original post was to generate discussion around the risk involved in gambling on staying in the league v long term financial stability. I had to look up the meaning of forum so I wasn’t breaking any of your rules. :whistle

E54208D8-9556-4E9A-9E4A-3D538DDFD212.jpeg

Why are you posting the meaning of "forum" - where did I say you couldn't make that statement on here ? If you read it I said you couldn't say it honestly / truthfully and I stand by that. it's impossible to say this is a cost cutting exercise until all the business has been completed. How on earth can you know it is ???

On 1/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

1. Posted the meaning of forum to remind you that this is a medium to exchange views and opinions. 

2. I have highlighted where you said I couldn’t make that statement on here.

3. Not sure what you intend to mean by honesty/truth maybe I should of posted it in the speculation section.

4. Chill out, it’s not worth getting bent out of shape about. B)

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

1. Posted the meaning of forum to remind you that this is a medium to exchange views and opinions. 

2. I have highlighted where you said I couldn’t make that statement on here.

3. Not sure what you intend to mean by honesty/truth maybe I should of posted it in the speculation section.

4. Chill out, it’s not worth getting bent out of shape about. B)

I'm glad to see the Forum in such good shape.  Plenty of topics.  Plenty of opinions.  Fewer personal posts. 

Chill by all means. It's all about opinions whether we like them or not. 

IMO

Edited by St.Ricky

On 12/8/2018 at 8:38 PM, St.Ricky said:

We will recruit in two parts in my opinion Firstly 3/4 players till the end of the season to give us a chance of staying up and another 3/4 on two year contracts to help us get back up if that's what we have to do. Made more difficult with Samson having gone. 

We're on our way. I stick by this prediction made on 8 December 2018.