Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ALBIONSAINT

Stick or twist in January?

Recommended Posts


Also high on the must go hit list is the FIVE POUNDS AND TWENTY PENCE price for a Regular Cola and a Curry Pie from the Stadium Pie Huts. 

Around £2.50 would be just about acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shull said:

Also high on the must go hit list is the FIVE POUNDS AND TWENTY PENCE price for a Regular Cola and a Curry Pie from the Stadium Pie Huts. 

Around £2.50 would be just about acceptable. 

There are two food vans across the road from main stand pre-match if that helps cut cost to your match day expenditure? Agree pricing may seem steep at stadium, though sub-contractors after fees a staff pay for a fast paced environment need to make profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Anyone got a few life Jackets for the terrified who want to jump off the ship. The crew are working hard to keep her afloat while the Captain has ordered a new engine arriving January for full steam ahead. 

That's just a fecking hazard of living in Bute. 

Stay on the bloody mainland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

There are two food vans across the road from main stand pre-match if that helps cut cost to your match day expenditure? Agree pricing may seem steep at stadium, though sub-contractors after fees a staff pay for a fast paced environment need to make profit.

Those vans could do a Seat delivery into the Stadium. I would pay a few pence extra for delivery. 

My daughter would be delighted not having to traipse down to the Pie Hut. 

A Stadium Seat Delivery from Greggs would be even better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are we now ? 

Quite a lot sortit regarding January. 

Not everything though. 

What about renegotiating players contracts down to a part time level ? 

Summat to implement. 

Oh, need to go. LUNCHTIME. :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Club chairman says the turnaround in January will be bigger than Ross's big reshuffle in January 2017, but then goes on to say that a lot less will be coming in. All clear as mud?

i will be v interested to see how successful the club are in shifting players on two and three year contracts to anyone, and indeed trying to get them to agree to loan moves to Dumbarton, Airdrie or Cowdenbeath. These guys agents ate simply going to say 'naw' my player will stay and fight for a starting position, until the club offer to buy out their contract.

that may be the reason why only a couple come in as all the cash is being splashed on payoffs? Indeed it may have the look of a club restructuring for the championship? Does anyone think we will attract more players of the quality of Hammill, Ferdinand or Jackson next month?

Is Jackson "quality" - not seeing any great evidence of it myself. If the chairman has said the turnaround will be bigger than that performed by JR you have to assume they mean in numbers. On that basis if only a couple come in then the numbers will be made up by outgoings. Personally can't see it that way round myself so for the chairman to have said something like this they must have preparations made and players / agents sounded out about moves out as well as in. We could speculate until the cows come home lets just concentrate on trying to pick up what we can before that and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Is Jackson "quality" - not seeing any great evidence of it myself. If the chairman has said the turnaround will be bigger than that performed by JR you have to assume they mean in numbers. On that basis if only a couple come in then the numbers will be made up by outgoings. Personally can't see it that way round myself so for the chairman to have said something like this they must have preparations made and players / agents sounded out about moves out as well as in. We could speculate until the cows come home lets just concentrate on trying to pick up what we can before that and see what happens.

The chairman said it. "Bigger turnaround" but "quality rather than quantity"..

so if you subscribe to the opinion that we are 'lacking in quality' thus far, it then follows that the greater number (Quantity) hoped is out, and the smaller number (Quality)  for is in. Whatever you think of our entire current squad, if up to 12 go out and only three come in, will that put us in a better state to stay in this league?

what about when we have more injuries, or suspensions? Will there be anything other than a couple of teenagers to throw at it? 

We could if they can actually manage to ship double figures out be completely hamstrung!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shull said:

Also high on the must go hit list is the FIVE POUNDS AND TWENTY PENCE price for a Regular Cola and a Curry Pie from the Stadium Pie Huts. 

Around £2.50 would be just about acceptable. 

Why don’t you eat before you come to the ground? Must be able to survive a game of fitba without some scran? 

Costs of stadia food and drink is always more expensive than outside, no matter where you go. And it’s generally shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Why don’t you eat before you come to the ground? Must be able to survive a game of fitba without some scran? 

Costs of stadia food and drink is always more expensive than outside, no matter where you go. And it’s generally shit.

I do exactly that. 

Have lunch at home before I head for Greenhill Road.

I haven’t purchased anything to eat or drink for myself at St Mirren Park ever and never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Is Jackson "quality" - not seeing any great evidence of it myself. If the chairman has said the turnaround will be bigger than that performed by JR you have to assume they mean in numbers. On that basis if only a couple come in then the numbers will be made up by outgoings. Personally can't see it that way round myself so for the chairman to have said something like this they must have preparations made and players / agents sounded out about moves out as well as in. We could speculate until the cows come home lets just concentrate on trying to pick up what we can before that and see what happens.

Reckon 12 out 4 to 5 in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You have gone from being  a strong apologist, even evangelist for Saints to suddenly wanting rid of everybody at the club. 

Why is that? 

anything for some attention  :holiday  and you fall for it all the time . . .   take a wide berth and your life will suddenly improve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twist, do all we can to stay in the division by bringing in players. Contracts with end/ release dates end of the season if we still go down. The reward is worth the risk, even if we save money and go down., there is  no guarantee we would have money to come right back-up looking at how competitive the Championship is right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather we played in the Lowland League than waste time and money in the corrupt Premiership. 

A League that 40 Clubs can't win. 

What's the point ? 

Roll Up Roll Up

Give us 22 quid. 

But dinnae even dream about winning the League. 

The Champions League place is reserved for Bigots only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 9:18 AM, shull said:

I would rather we played in the Lowland League than waste time and money in the corrupt Premiership. 

A League that 40 Clubs can't win. 

What's the point ? 

Roll Up Roll Up

Give us 22 quid. 

But dinnae even dream about winning the League. 

The Champions League place is reserved for Bigots only. 

Killie fans are starting to dream 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 9:05 AM, bazil85 said:

Twist, do all we can to stay in the division by bringing in players. Contracts with end/ release dates end of the season if we still go down. The reward is worth the risk, even if we save money and go down., there is  no guarantee we would have money to come right back-up looking at how competitive the Championship is right now.

Twist and Shout I say.

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Yes but sometimes you carry on like a lulunatic. 

Bootleg Beatles on 18 December (?) at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. A great show.

 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×