the midfield

18 hours ago, W6Saint said:

You make it sound so simple, I was beginning to wonder where half of our support were getting lost with the situation.

Pirlo would struggle to carry the midfield that McGinn has to drag around at his feet most weeks. 

As you said only him and Magennis have turned up this season - and Magennis has spent most of it injured or having to play wide!

First thing in January has to be to get in a dominant defensive centre mid and stick him infront of the back 4, go to 5 in the middle and when fit play McGinn and Magennis - allowing them to do what they’re good at effectively.

Or go 4-1-4-1

46 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, Kemp said:
Don't think it's fair to call Edwards lazy.

Sorry. Useless

Haha.

It's an important difference though. I really like Edwards attitude, but he just isn't good enough. The guy has my respect, I just wish the manager wouldn't ask him to do something he can't every week. Some of the others have the talent but not the attitude. They are the ones that can f**k off.

34 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Whilst Hodgson may be a decent right back, so is McGinn and there's only room for one right back in a team, so I would stick with McGinn,  send Hodgson back to Sevco and use the wages to get a decent keeper or dominating centre half. 

Hodgson probably been our most consistent player in my eyes and you want to send him back  :fishwallop

35 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Hodgson probably been our most consistent player in my eyes and you want to send him back  :fishwallop

We have two good right backs and in an ideal team we only need one,  I, m assuming it's easier to get rid of Hodgson than it is McGinn.

Would much prefer a wde midfielder with pace in front of a full back, rather than a full back in front of a full back. 

Funny how we have two fullbacks on one side, and two midfielders on the other side. 

4 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'd never play Edwards or Willock again. Would rather see Scott Glover and Cameron Breadner promoted from the 2nd team. Would do a lot better than those 2 lazy gits. A couple games in December would be great experience for them.

Can't really agree although I can take your point, Willock I think may turn out to be a decent player eventually, (problem is we can't wait) and Edwards works his socks off, perhaps lacks a bit of quality but you could say that about Scotland (as a Team) who generally make up for our lack of quality with lots of graft (much like Edwards) so yes I tend to agree somewhat, but I certainly wouldn't slate either as I think they are doing what they can.  

Whilst Hodgson may be a decent right back, so is McGinn and there's only room for one right back in a team, so I would stick with McGinn,  send Hodgson back to Sevco and use the wages to get a decent keeper or dominating centre half. 

I haven’t seen much of McGinn at RB but I like what I’ve seen of Hodson in that position and from what I have heard , he wouldn’t be difficult to persuade to stay .

Can't really agree although I can take your point, Willock I think may turn out to be a decent player eventually, (problem is we can't wait) and Edwards works his socks off, perhaps lacks a bit of quality but you could say that about Scotland (as a Team) who generally make up for our lack of quality with lots of graft (much like Edwards) so yes I tend to agree somewhat, but I certainly wouldn't slate either as I think they are doing what they can.  

There is definitely a player in Willock but I just don’t think the Scottish game suits him nor him it.
Edwards for me is Like the Duracell bunny , lots of energy and enthusiasm but what’s the f**king point ?