January Signings

Flareybob

Just received via the short message service on my mobile phone from a very reliable source in Dublin that Oran Kearney will be signing midfielder Oscar Brennan and striker Kieran "Marty" Waters who both play in the League of Ireland.

These will be the first of Oran's January signings, I am waiting to hear back from a contact in the big smoke about a few more intended signings, so watch this space.

19 minutes ago, Flareybob said:

Just received via the short message service on my mobile phone from a very reliable source in Dublin that Oran Kearney will be signing midfielder Oscar Brennan and striker Kieran "Marty" Waters who both play in the League of Ireland.

These will be the first of Oran's January signings, I am waiting to hear back from a contact in the big smoke about a few more intended signings, so watch this space.

:double

3 hours ago, Flareybob said:

Excellent news Flareybob. I'm off to the Saints shop to get a new top with "Marty" on the back before they run out of inverted commas.

22 hours ago, Flareybob said:

Striker is Mr Boyd from Kilmarnock if the pigeons are to be believed.  

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is Brad Lyons still the only name mentioned in the media as coming to us? From part time Coleraine, to on loan at Blackburn and not making their reserve team every week. Are we sure Stubbzo still hasnt got a hand in our recruitment policy?

I've seen Kris Boyd mentioned a few times on P&B.  Unsure how reliable that is.

19 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Rumour Mill for St Mirren

Neither a rumour or St Mirren related

Other Football - Would be adequate

I’m disappointed in you Ricky! I expected better!

A St Mirren Old Boy.. Admittedly not a distinguished one.

Darren MacGregor isn't getting match time at Hibs. 

I believe he is out of contract in the summer. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A St Mirren Old Boy.. Admittedly not a distinguished one.

Darren MacGregor isn't getting match time at Hibs. 

I believe he is out of contract in the summer. 

Still, it’s not a rumour if Queen’s Park have posted it on their Official Site :P

Would MacGregor be willing to step back down to the Championship though?

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

Still, it’s not a rumour if Queen’s Park have posted it on their Official Site :P

Would MacGregor be willing to step back down to the Championship though?

Pedant! 

Trick question? 

I'd hope he could help ensure that there would be no need to ask that question.... Oh ye of little faith. 

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Pedant! 

Trick question? 

I'd hope he could help ensure that there would be no need to ask that question.... Oh ye of little faith. 

I’d hope that too but I can’t see Hibs loaning him out to us in January. I’d love to be wrong though.

I’m always pessimistic about Saints, my match predictions are usually along the same lines as Elvis :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is Brad Lyons still the only name mentioned in the media as coming to us? From part time Coleraine, to on loan at Blackburn and not making their reserve team every week. Are we sure Stubbzo still hasnt got a hand in our recruitment policy?

It's almost as if what's mentioned in the media has little to no bearing on what our recruitment policy actually involves. Its almost as if maybe, finally, as a club we are learning from past mistakes and trying to get targets lined up without spaffing them all over social media first.

Almost.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

It's almost as if what's mentioned in the media has little to no bearing on what our recruitment policy actually involves. Its almost as if maybe, finally, as a club we are learning from past mistakes and trying to get targets lined up without spaffing them all over social media first.

Almost.

Generally speaking its players agents trying to uo the ante, and ITK fuds who "Spaff" it all over social media. Then the media just cut, paste and multiple!