January Signings

Flareybob

21 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

The 6’6” striker has gone to a club in Lithuania I believe on lots more than we could pay

Has he? His last club was Zalgris Vilnius but he left them in December. Is that not maybe what you are thinking? 

Edit - just noticed he signed for a club in Latvia, rather than Lithuania. You'd imagine there isn't much money in Latvian football at all. 

Edited by djchapsticks

36 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Has he? His last club was Zalgris Vilnius but he left them in December. Is that not maybe what you are thinking? 

Edit - just noticed he signed for a club in Latvia, rather than Lithuania. You'd imagine there isn't much money in Latvian football at all. 

Much closer to home and if he is a Russian speaker then maybe fewer language issues. 

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Sorry DJ got my "ia's" mixed up but I think he's on at least double what we could pay him. 

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How could you possibly know that, if you don't mind me asking?

does Latvian football pay two, to three grand a week? Why arent loads of Scottish and lower league English players not there then?

Just a conversation with an agent who seemed to know quite a lot about it.....I think one of our directors also mentioned it on Saturday to a few people.

Like most leagues there will be players paid above the norm if people want them enough, I'm sure Cheesy is getting somewhere around £45,000 pw in Iceland, why aren't all our players playing up there!!

23 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Just a conversation with an agent who seemed to know quite a lot about it.....I think one of our directors also mentioned it on Saturday to a few people.

Like most leagues there will be players paid above the norm if people want them enough, I'm sure Cheesy is getting somewhere around £45,000 pw in Iceland, why aren't all our players playing up there!!

45k per week!?

Pah!  Cheesy widnae ruffle his duvet for such a paltry sum.

21 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

So not really any hard facts?

an average players wage at our club in the premiership is around £1 - 1.5k a week (the club, and studies confirm this). How can Latvian football sustain paying double?

could it be its easier, less controversial and covers up cock ups for agents and directors to say "yeah someone else offered double". Rather than admit the truth?

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

an average players wage at our club in the premiership is around £1 - 1.5k a week (the club, and studies confirm this). How can Latvian football sustain paying double?

could it be its easier, less controversial and covers up cock ups for agents and directors to say "yeah someone else offered double". Rather than admit the truth?

I know both of them personally and have no reason to doubt either of them...…….this is why discussing anything with you is absolutely pointless, why does it have to be about cock-ups and untruths, sometimes things just pan out the way they do.

55 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I know both of them personally and have no reason to doubt either of them...…….this is why discussing anything with you is absolutely pointless, why does it have to be about cock-ups and untruths, sometimes things just pan out the way they do.

Yes agreed things 'pan out the way they do' but we are continually fed a stream of either information, or disinformation on here and other channels. So when someone suggest footballers in Latvia get twice what they earn here in the premiership then it sticks out as, at best unlikely. 

Sorry if you dont enjoy debating this, but if you quote sources suggesting as above, then its going to get picked up. Now if this was the agent, and latvian club director of the actual players in question..? That would give it an air of authenticity, as opposed to someone simply guessing and passing it on to football fans desperate for a reason why?

Has anyone considered that Malec wasn’t signed because he was shite?

Wouldn’t really call him an International striker. Two caps in diddy friendlies don’t count for much. It’s akin to calling Darren Barr an International as he managed a cap for Scotland once.

Edited by aldo_j

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with WeeBud but you asking for hard facts from someone else and accusing them of plucking numbers from thin air is the dictionary definition of irony. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes agreed things 'pan out the way they do' but we are continually fed a stream of either information, or disinformation on here and other channels. So when someone suggest footballers in Latvia get twice what they earn here in the premiership then it sticks out as, at best unlikely

Sorry if you dont enjoy debating this, but if you quote sources suggesting as above, then its going to get picked up. Now if this was the agent, and latvian club director of the actual players in question..? That would give it an air of authenticity, as opposed to someone simply guessing and passing it on to football fans desperate for a reason why?

I love debate LPM, unfortunately debate with you is tedious in the extreme and absolutely pointless. You make shite up and twist everything and anything to suit whatever petty agenda you're following that day.

The bit in bold has not been suggested in any way, we are talking about one particular player, at one particular club being offered considerably more than we were prepared to pay and not that every footballer in Latvia is on twice what every player is in the Premiership is on. 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with WeeBud but you asking for hard facts from someone else and accusing them of plucking numbers from thin air is the dictionary definition of irony. :lol:

Thanks for that really helpful.

7 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I love debate LPM, unfortunately debate with you is tedious in the extreme and absolutely pointless. You make shite up and twist everything and anything to suit whatever petty agenda you're following that day.

The bit in bold has not been suggested in any way, we are talking about one particular player, at one particular club being offered considerably more than we were prepared to pay and not that every footballer in Latvia is on twice what every player is in the Premiership is on. 

No need to get all up in your business. Simply trying to ascertain if we are offering players half of what they are worth, then wondering why they go elsewhere for double, or not. Thanks for confirming the former.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Wouldn’t really call him an International striker. Two caps in diddy friendlies don’t count for much. It’s akin to calling Darren Barr an International as he managed a cap for Scotland once.

International Diddy if you only get one cap.

39 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Has anyone considered that Malec was signed because he was shite?

Malec was offered a deal as was the winger mate, both knocked back.

I have considered that. Which is why I'd like to know if we offered them a Contract or not.
Wouldn't have offered them one if we didn't rate them.

14 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Can someone tell us the wingers name? It was all hush hush before?

Sorry buddie. Don't remember seeing it. 

How many more players will be bringing in now? 

I share Sweeper's take on it. 

4 to 5 to come in (6 if Hodson goes) 

Not all of them by the end of the window. 

Our approach outside the windows saw three good players come in. 

Repeat that and I couldn't ask for more.