January Signings

Flareybob

57 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Geezer on here swears we offered them half what others offered. That'd be an influence, no?

Lots of people on here make all kinds of claims and assertions - doesn't mean they are correct

You should know. Have you ever made a correct one ?  :fire

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm sure it did hence all the more frustrating.  If the club think the new set up is a sustainable and ultimately fruitful development in recruitment policy then so be it I just feel it might prove costly for what fruit it bears. Either way we need 4/5 players in key positions in pronto one way or another.

IT needs time to bear fruit - this window, which is not closed is the 1st we are seeing what they will come up with. You can have your feelings, we all can, but don't pass your full judgement before all the evidence has been gathered. The old system wasn't too great either, so it was time to try another way...

I fully agree we need another 4/5 in.   :ninja

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

IT needs time to bear fruit - this window, which is not closed is the 1st we are seeing what they will come up with. You can have your feelings, we all can, but don't pass your full judgement before all the evidence has been gathered. The old system wasn't too great either, so it was time to try another way...

I fully agree we need another 4/5 in.   :ninja

All systems need time to bear fruit generally but it's something we just don't have right now.  It's the manager that carries the can for results so I hope he has suitable input to the recruitment process. He identifies the weakness areas but it seems a bit rough if others at the club can't get the right players in to fill the positions. We need stability but it seems more difficult that ever. You either appoint a manager and it's two steps back and one forward (if you are that lucky) or you get a spectacular turnaround in a short time that ultimately leads to that manager being tempted away all too quickly.  We appear to be forever chasing out tail while clubs similar in stature have managed years and years or relative stability at a level above where we are at results wise. It's baffling why we cannot get the structure right at the club to allow stability at the top league level.  Even in the championship seasons it's either boom or bust - we have never been through the play-off system which suggests we either have a spectacularly good season or a spectacularly bad one, no element of stability for years and years now.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

All systems need time to bear fruit generally but it's something we just don't have right now.  It's the manager that carries the can for results so I hope he has suitable input to the recruitment process. He identifies the weakness areas but it seems a bit rough if others at the club can't get the right players in to fill the positions. We need stability but it seems more difficult that ever. You either appoint a manager and it's two steps back and one forward (if you are that lucky) or you get a spectacular turnaround in a short time that ultimately leads to that manager being tempted away all too quickly.  We appear to be forever chasing out tail while clubs similar in stature have managed years and years or relative stability at a level above where we are at results wise. It's baffling why we cannot get the structure right at the club to allow stability at the top league level.  Even in the championship seasons it's either boom or bust - we have never been through the play-off system which suggests we either have a spectacularly good season or a spectacularly bad one, no element of stability for years and years now.

After a few seasons out of this league - we are back in it. Some of the decisions in the last 8 years have been rubbish to say the least. However, the new structure has been formed and internal talent spotters now are ex-pro's and ex managers and our current manager. This is the structure to allow stability - but first the clear out had to happen - and at the wrong window - but we have no choice what so ever.

Now, watch and see what they come up with and how we start to improve and pick up more points . . . :turtle

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Geezer on here swears we offered them half what others offered. That'd be an influence, no?

I would suggest that geezer is talking mince.  To expand my statement slightly , I should have said “ no one on here knows”. 

These players are gone now, time for us to move on and look at new targets. 

Hladky, Popescu, Lyons and McAllister are all better than what we had a few weeks ago barring Hammill and there was nothing we could do about him leaving. Hopefully Tansey will also get up to speed. If new signings before the window closes continue to be better than what we had then we are better equipped for the rest of the season.

54 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hladky, Popescu, Lyons and McAllister are all better than what we had a few weeks ago barring Hammill and there was nothing we could do about him leaving. Hopefully Tansey will also get up to speed. If new signings before the window closes continue to be better than what we had then we are better equipped for the rest of the season.

Better than Sammy, Willock and Jones? Time will tell. 

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Better than Sammy, Willock and Jones? Time will tell. 

Willock was very poor. Lyons played better in 20 mins v Alloa than Willock played all season. Lyons hit the bar v Alloa - I don't think Willock ever got a shot away for us. Jones was very poor to start with but improved slightly. However he was average at best and gave away a few penalties with his holding in the box. Popsecu looks far more confident so far. Sammy left of his own accord but a great keeper for us. Hladky's distribution looks like an improvement though - very comfortable with a ball at his feet. Time will tell but on the limited evidence so far then yes, the new signings appear to be an improvement. And surely no-one is going to argue that Edwards is a better wide player than McAllister?

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Willock was very poor. Lyons played better in 20 mins v Alloa than Willock played all season. Lyons hit the bar v Alloa - I don't think Willock ever got a shot away for us. Jones was very poor to start with but improved slightly. However he was average at best and gave away a few penalties with his holding in the box. Popsecu looks far more confident so far. Sammy left of his own accord but a great keeper for us. Hladky's distribution looks like an improvement though - very comfortable with a ball at his feet. Time will tell but on the limited evidence so far then yes, the new signings appear to be an improvement. And surely no-one is going to argue that Edwards is a better wide player than McAllister?

All about opinions, Willock was playing for Man U u23's against PSG last week and by all accounts played well. Jones was our better, more able centre back imo, back in the Southampton u23,s and fighting for first team squad. Its funny how JR dispensed with Shankland, Hardie and Naismith as he couldnt get the best out of them, now Oran seems to be repeating that.

hopefully we will see McAllister start games now and kick on. hlad& pop have helped ship six goals, and been tormented by Alloa! Its way too early to tell if they will improve us, or not. Hibs game will be a good marker.

no joke i actually forgot Lyons was on the pitch last night! Was he sat eating a pie watching his heroes in hoops?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

All about opinions, Willock was playing for Man U u23's against PSG last week and by all accounts played well. Jones was our better, more able centre back imo, back in the Southampton u23,s and fighting for first team squad. Its funny how JR dispensed with Shankland, Hardie and Naismith as he couldnt get the best out of them, now Oran seems to be repeating that.

hopefully we will see McAllister start games now and kick on. hlad& pop have helped ship six goals, and been tormented by Alloa! Its way too early to tell if they will improve us, or not. Hibs game will be a good marker.

It is about opinions. I can only comment on performance that I have witnessed.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It is about opinions. I can only comment on performance that I have witnessed.

It also depends on what colour of glasses you are wearing and how clear the lenses are.

Some folk see things optimistically, some pessimistically and LPM sees them in a very unique fashion . . . :bounce2

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Willock, had one kicked of the line at Tynecastle and came close with headers at Aberdeen twice.  Far too soon to judge Lyons though he gave the third goal away last night and his passing was very poor (not alone on this of course)  Jones I liked, would loved to have seen him play defensive mid, was outstanding in the win at motherwell and draw at Dundee  only gave one penalty away.  The keeper looks the part, but Hammill will be the big miss.  McAllister of course is way better than Edwards, but have to ask why Kellerman was put on before him last night, most of us sitting there could not understand that one.

22 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Without doubt, quickly followed by a Left Back, and we spent way to long faffing about waiting on Ferdinand and now we’re not even starting him!

I like the big man. I really do but last night's game wasn't one for him. It needed younger legs. IMO

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

B)

no joke i actually forgot Lyons was on the pitch last night! Was he sat eating a pie watching his heroes in hoops?

It is about opinions certainly and in my opinion, your opinions; much like yourself are irrelevant.  B)

2 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Willock, had one kicked of the line at Tynecastle and came close with headers at Aberdeen twice.  Far too soon to judge Lyons though he gave the third goal away last night and his passing was very poor (not alone on this of course)  Jones I liked, would loved to have seen him play defensive mid, was outstanding in the win at motherwell and draw at Dundee  only gave one penalty away.  The keeper looks the part, but Hammill will be the big miss.  McAllister of course is way better than Edwards, but have to ask why Kellerman was put on before him last night, most of us sitting there could not understand that one.

I think OK felt that the game was unlikely to give us anything so why risk your better player for a lost cause. We were two down by the time he came on, so pretty much a done deal as far as the points were concerned.

He gave McAllister time on the pitch when Kellerman was substituted and that was probably an attempt to give him further time before the weekend.

I will tend to put the timings and decisions down to good management.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Seems we were in for McCauley who went to ICT and Seaman from Bournemouth who went to Dun Utd. If true i'd expect the big red panic button to be pressed now, which would likely see a couple of has beens signed in a hurry next week.

Where you seeing that ?

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Where you seeing that ?

From the all coaches/scouts rumour mill. Tbf most of what comes out of it has legs.

I think the McCauley one hurt the most, seems he was one of the 'just waiting on' dudes. And i think they assumed be ause we got Holmes, Bournemouth would let us have Seaman too as a room mate.

you might want to hit up JJ McG, he said it was panic stations re our recruitment just after bith deals went through. Perhaosbhe reslly is ITK..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If only our new signings were upto that level

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

From the all coaches/scouts rumour mill. Tbf most of what comes out of it has legs.

I think the McCauley one hurt the most, seems he was one of the 'just waiting on' dudes. And i think they assumed be ause we got Holmes, Bournemouth would let us have Seaman too as a room mate.

you might want to hit up JJ McG, he said it was panic stations re our recruitment just after bith deals went through. Perhaosbhe reslly is ITK..?

You are wrong YET AGAIN - MacCauley was not the one . . . Is he yet ready for the Premiership? No Premiership team went after him - that is why he has gone to the Championship . . . .

But something good is in the air !   :spud7

Edited by Sweeper07
had changed to has