January Signings

Flareybob

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

From the all coaches/scouts rumour mill. Tbf most of what comes out of it has legs.

I think the McCauley one hurt the most, seems he was one of the 'just waiting on' dudes. And i think they assumed be ause we got Holmes, Bournemouth would let us have Seaman too as a room mate.

you might want to hit up JJ McG, he said it was panic stations re our recruitment just after bith deals went through. Perhaosbhe reslly is ITK..?

If that was true then McCauley chose a back water failing championship team rather than us? I doubt ICT are paying a better wage than us. No doubt you will know this.

Edited by nedflanders123

48 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are wrong YET AGAIN - MacCauley was not the one . . . Is he yet ready for the Premiership? No Premiership went after him - that is why he had gone to the Championship . . . .

But something good is in the air !   :spud7

To be fair, your track record on this is a bit weak so I'm not allowing myself to get excited. :P

Hey if you think its all pish, no skin off my nose. Believe what you will.

on a more interesting note, among scouts and coaches up here the feeling is we have become "difficult to do business with/read". You have to take this in context its a group of people all with their own agenda's, but surprisingly very willing to share alomst anything with their "mates".

i asked for eamples of this difficult to do business /read thing, and if you analyse it, it can indicate more than one thing.

So as a precursor, everyone loved Jack & James, two lads, played the game, been round the clubs up here, got their badges with most of the current young coaches/managers, well kent and liked. As opposed to Gus, Jimmy & Brian not so much, and Oran is an outsider who (in these guys eyes) got a job above his station.

most likely is they just dont know Oran yet, but they do know the oldies. Specific comments were around "you never get a straight answer, or know who it is making the decision" inference being it goes all the way up to our board.

now bear in mind these guys accept the hands off style from Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen maybe even Hibs & Hearts? However they havent been  used to our new set up, and see it as unnecessary bureaucracy. So take it with a pinch of salt, but it does show that at our level of the game, favours are still so important amongst the football community, but people fell less inclined to do them for us.

they also think that we arent an attractive place to send young talent to develop, wheras last season and before we were right up there. Again take it with a pinch of salt its a two way street. Apparently it was three or four nailed down deals that went south the other day, no idea who the others might be, may even be from abroad? Ask JJ McG he might have Actual ITK rumours?

33 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If that was true then McCauley chose a back water failing championship team rather than us? I doubt ICT are paying a better safe than us. No doubt you will know this.

I have no idea if ICT pay better SAFES than us, or indeed if the lad McCauley chose them because we were only offering a wage, whilst ICT were giving him the feckin safe?

If mid table Championship teams are pipping us to signings we are desperately waiting on then we really are up the creek without a paddle.

Then again, are we surprised? Would a man who encouraged football supporters to go to the cinema for entertainment convince you to sign for a club who are now bottom of the table?

19 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

If mid table Championship teams are pipping us to signings we are desperately waiting on then we really are up the creek without a paddle.

Then again, are we surprised? Would a man who encouraged football supporters to go to the cinema for entertainment convince you to sign for a club who are now bottom of the table?

You and LPM hiring a room soon? 

I can clear some of the untrue rumours circulating on this thread. I have friends who are involved within the game, one of whom plays for Inverness, and I can tell you they don’t pay any of their players what we are currently paying in wages or bonus money.

Liam Polworth is currently subject to a bid from St Johnstone and if they don’t up their initial offer then he won’t be signing for them.

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I have no idea if ICT pay better SAFES than us, or indeed if the lad McCauley chose them because we were only offering a wage, whilst ICT were giving him the feckin safe?

It's called a typo. Any person with a modicum of intelligence could work that out.

Edited by nedflanders123

2 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

It's called a typo. Any person with a modicum of intelligence could work that out.

It seems to be endemic on here where people titter at typos and almost go into cardiac arrest at the ever more inventive intervention of auto correct into posted. 

I use a phone or a hand held to post. My hand held's auto correct is particularly inventive! 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

From the all coaches/scouts rumour mill. Tbf most of what comes out of it has legs.

I think the McCauley one hurt the most, seems he was one of the 'just waiting on' dudes. And i think they assumed be ause we got Holmes, Bournemouth would let us have Seaman too as a room mate.

you might want to hit up JJ McG, he said it was panic stations re our recruitment just after bith deals went through. Perhaosbhe reslly is ITK..?

Of course they were waiting on McCauley, as Coleraine are clearly higher up the food chain than us. We were just waiting on them signing their new winger from Barcelona before letting him go, then that pesky ICT came in and beat us to it.

I have no idea why some on here give credence to the shite LPM talks. The last sentence is the most sensible bit of the post.

Edited by Hendo

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are wrong YET AGAIN - MacCauley was not the one . . . Is he yet ready for the Premiership? No Premiership went after him - that is why he had gone to the Championship . . . .

But something good is in the air !   :spud7

Love this guys positivity !

22 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

All about opinions, Willock was playing for Man U u23's against PSG last week and by all accounts played well. Jones was our better, more able centre back imo, back in the Southampton u23,s and fighting for first team squad. Its funny how JR dispensed with Shankland, Hardie and Naismith as he couldnt get the best out of them, now Oran seems to be repeating that.

Get your facts right before spouting your pish.

Willock played against PSV’s youth team, not PSG (as it happens that fixture takes place tonight). And it’s all nice and well playing a good game against a youth team - it doesn’t mean much compared to first team football. A fair number of that Man Utd team will probably not make it in the EPL.

Meanwhile you insist Alfie Jones is “fighting for a first team place”. Southampton have played 3 times since they recalled their loanees and he hasn’t made the bench once. He could be a good player in time but right now we need someone who’s got experience at a decent level (Popescu), this is not the time to be nurturing a young player who will continue to make errors as he learns.

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Top paragraph - FFS

Bottom Paragraph - FFS

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

The same man who signed John Sutton, Gary Brady, Billy Goal Machine Memhet, Craig Dargo, Will Haining, Andy Dorman, Jack Ross, Steven Thomson?

36 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Get your facts right before spouting your pish.

Willock played against PSV’s youth team, not PSG (as it happens that fixture takes place tonight). And it’s all nice and well playing a good game against a youth team - it doesn’t mean much compared to first team football. A fair number of that Man Utd team will probably not make it in the EPL.

Meanwhile you insist Alfie Jones is “fighting for a first team place”. Southampton have played 3 times since they recalled their loanees and he hasn’t made the bench once. He could be a good player in time but right now we need someone who’s got experience at a decent level (Popescu), this is not the time to be nurturing a young player who will continue to make errors as he learns.

Sorry forgot to say he's got Psg & Psv to savour, as opposed to Alloa last weekend!

having been part of a defence thats shipped six in two games ( incl the mighty Alloa), what is this experience and error reduction that big PoP's  is bringing so far?