January Signings

Flareybob

1 minute ago, The Original 59er said:

Go on a 5:2 and then you can occasionally succumb! 

I have never gone to weight watches - keep yourself fit, eat a healthy diet, don't over eat and there is no need for diets that lose weight until you start eating too much etc. and start pilling in back on once again.

I know many folk struggle with their weight - so not taking a pop at them - but the amount of over-weight folk who tell me that they do not eat too much, and that they do exercise and it is just their metabolism etc etc. I never seen anyone who have starved, for whatever reason, having one of those metabolisms.

But if we want me to go on a rant - diet fizzy drinks don't work!!!!!!    :fire

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I have never gone to weight watches - keep yourself fit, eat a healthy diet, don't over eat and there is no need for diets that lose weight until you start eating too much etc. and start pilling in back on once again.

I know many folk struggle with their weight - so not taking a pop at them - but the amount of over-weight folk who tell me that they do not eat too much, and that they do exercise and it is just their metabolism etc etc. I never seen anyone who have starved, for whatever reason, having one of those metabolisms.

Personally I just use the 5:2 when I feel that I need to lose a few pounds but I'm not a nazi about it and don't get hung up on the whole weight thing. I can still get into my 34 waste trousers without too much of a problem, sometimes I'd like to think comfortably! :D

2 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Personally I just use the 5:2 when I feel that I need to lose a few pounds but I'm not a nazi about it and don't get hung up on the whole weight thing. I can still get into my 34 waste trousers without too much of a problem, sometimes I'd like to think comfortably! :D

My favourite on dieting is women. (This may be a sweeping generalisation, so it may only apply to a few of them) But some women I know diet and use it as an excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe as they clear out the stuff that no longer fits. If only they had kept the last stuff that no longer fitted for this time - serious money could have been saved...

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

There really are no diets which will work because they are all about avoiding and repressing the cause of over-eating.

The first thing to do when losing weight is therefore to fix the underlying cause of why you are over-eating.

The second thing is to reduce portion sizes. That is probably the second biggest issue.

The third thing is to cut out the things which are clearly bad for you in any dosage and start eating healthier food e.g. cut out pies and have some stir fry instead.

The final thing is to get a bit more exercise than you are currently doing. Doesn't need much.

You don't need anything with "Light" or "Diet" or "Low calorie" on it. Eating that stuff is a f**king miserable existence.

You can eat what you want as long as you just have a reasonable portion of it.

None of this is brain surgery but people still piss their money down the drain when it comes to nonsense like gym membership and Weight Watchers.

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There really are no diets which will work because they are all about avoiding and repressing the cause of over-eating.

The first thing to do when losing weight is therefore to fix the underlying cause of why you are over-eating.

The second thing is to reduce portion sizes. That is probably the second biggest issue.

The third thing is to cut out the things which are clearly bad for you in any dosage and start eating healthier food e.g. cut out pies and have some stir fry instead.

The final thing is to get a bit more exercise than you are currently doing. Doesn't need much.

You don't need anything with "Light" or "Diet" or "Low calorie" on it. Eating that stuff is a f**king miserable existence.

You can eat what you want as long as you just have a reasonable portion of it.

None of this is brain surgery but people still piss their money down the drain when it comes to nonsense like gym membership and Weight Watchers.

Exactly. Portion control, cutting out high processed foods and being more active (walking is ideal) led to me losing 3 stone in a year. It's a lifestyle change and not dieting. Eat the things you enjoy but control how much you eat to cut down on sugar, fat and carbs.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes - your previous query about having played for Coleraine, Rovers and whether he could play for us.

This season (since August, he has only played for Rovers (u23) He is coming to us on loan till the end of the season...