Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Abu Dhabi Saints

Another Waster

Recommended Posts


28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

:lol :snore

If Griffiths is having mental health problems so serious that he can't even play football then it is hardly a statement on his intelligence.

Wow, you worked that out quickly, you'd make an excellent detective. :lol:

Where, exactly does it say he's having mental health issues? :blink:

Another "do gooder" using the sympathy of mental health to cover up a lifestyle choice. 

 

 

Edited by Abu Dhabi Saints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Wow, you worked that out quickly, you'd make an excellent detective. :lol:

Where, exactly does it say he's having mental health issues? :blink:

Another "do gooder" using the sympathy of mental health to cover up a lifestyle choice. 

 

 

St Brendan said so

I'm of the same opinion of you

A cover up of his lifestyle

Andy Carroll has the same problem hence his terrible injury record even when he hasn't kicked a ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Wow, you worked that out quickly, you'd make an excellent detective. :lol:

Where, exactly does it say he's having mental health issues? :blink:

Another "do gooder" using the sympathy of mental health to cover up a lifestyle choice. 

 

 

I think he was just taking a "gamble"!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Wow, you worked that out quickly, you'd make an excellent detective. :lol:

Where, exactly does it say he's having mental health issues? :blink:

Another "do gooder" using the sympathy of mental health to cover up a lifestyle choice. 

 

In every radio report I've heard today it specifically mentions "mental health" problems.  The BBC report contains the reference in the very first paragraph.  I can only agree with Rogers when he says " "It's no longer a weakness to talk now.  Forget football, think of the guy as a human being and take it from there".   It's time people stopped making fun or inventing rumours about "lifestyle" causes.  Even if the cause of his problems is rooted in his lifestyle it is no reason to subject him to ridicule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

In every radio report I've heard today it specifically mentions "mental health" problems.  The BBC report contains the reference in the very first paragraph.  I can only agree with Rogers when he says " "It's no longer a weakness to talk now.  Forget football, think of the guy as a human being and take it from there".   It's time people stopped making fun or inventing rumours about "lifestyle" causes.  Even if the cause of his problems is rooted in his lifestyle it is no reason to subject him to ridicule.

I never heard any radio reports, only the article quoted which says nothing in particular, although they do mention gambling.

I did speak to a lifelong Celtic supporter who says his gambling problems are well documented and he has never heard of any mental health issues.

As for your last sentence, a highly paid footballer who could easily have led to his current problems certainly doesn't deserve faux sympathy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pet troll couldn't wait to jump aboard the bandwagon.........................hijacking rabuddies post and point. 

While most  forum members seem to recognise that mental health is not a topic for levity, a few still seem keen use analogies in this area to portray others in a negative light whether they be players or other members on the Forum.  Im sure that I am not the only member to find this deeply offensive.  A thread titled "Another Waster" is in extremely bad taste but paradoxically clearly illustrates this point.  Wholehearted Banter with each other is one thing but this sort of approach is just unacceptable in my opinion. 

Just to clarify there is no conformation that Griffiths has mental health issues, 

He has issues and as such has been given time off, of that there is no doubt.

A highly paid football player who has a track record of tossing away his opportunities and gambling his life away, yes a lifestyle choice, won't put him at the top of y "Who needs sympathy" list. 

Oh, PRicky,  you are an utter fanny for making this another issue in your never ending attempts to troll me.  

Utter shameful using this as an attempt to point score, you have no shame or class, of that their is no doubt. 

PS This coming from a twat who had a thread deleted because of his willingness to throw the term disabled at a forum member. 

Edited by Abu Dhabi Saints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

My pet troll couldn't wait to jump aboard the bandwagon.........................hijacking rabuddies post and point. 

While most  forum members seem to recognise that mental health is not a topic for levity, a few still seem keen use analogies in this area to portray others in a negative light whether they be players or other members on the Forum.  Im sure that I am not the only member to find this deeply offensive.  A thread titled "Another Waster" is in extremely bad taste but paradoxically clearly illustrates this point.  Wholehearted Banter with each other is one thing but this sort of approach is just unacceptable in my opinion. 

Just to clarify there is no conformation that Griffiths has mental health issues, 

He has issues and as such has been given time off, of that there is no doubt.

A highly paid football player who has a track record of tossing away his opportunities and gambling his life away, yes a lifestyle choice, won't put him at the top of y "Who needs sympathy" list. 

Oh, PRicky,  you are an utter fanny for making this another issue in your never ending attempts to troll me.  

Utter shameful using this as an attempt to point score, you have no shame or class, of that their is no doubt. 

PS This coming from a twat who had a thread deleted because of his willingness to throw the term disabled at a forum member. 

I suggest that just accept that this is a poor choice of thread title and that you got your approach wrong. 

The rest of your nonsense is risible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I suggest that just accept that this is a poor choice of thread title and that you got your approach wrong. 

The rest of your nonsense is risible. 

Nice response although it took Oaky to shame you into it.

Even more embarrassing you posted this AFTER you told Oaky you had responded in here. :lol

Your attempt has backfired, a shameful use of mental health issues in your ever puerile attempts to troll every thread on the forum and every post I make. 

Your thread hijacked rabuddies post, more proof you have next to nothing to add on almost every subject. 

To be pitied TBH, tragic. 

PS Don't bother coming back in here, it's hopefully a place that's safe from your ramblings.

 

 

Edited by Abu Dhabi Saints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Nice response although it took Oaky to shame you into it.

Your attempt has backfired, a shameful use of mental health issues in your ever puerile attempts to troll every thread on the forum and every post I make. 

Your thread hijacked rabuddies post, more proof you have next to nothing to add on almost every subject. 

To be pitied TBH, tragic. 

PS Don't bother coming back in here, it's hopefully a place that's safe from your ramblings.

 

 

Your usual low standard of behaviour.  Mendacious to the core. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting from Rodgers.................nothing for certain that's the root cause of the players issues, despite assumptions from some. 

Brendan Rodgers has explained that an incident with Leigh Griffiths brought the striker’s illness to a head when a number of senior players intervened in order to try and facilitate some help for the Scotland internationalist.

Griffiths has been granted an indefinite time away from the club as he seeks to address a series of multi-layered mental health problems with Rodgers admitting that things had reached a climax with the player and the club.

“A couple of the senior players rang me when I got to know about an incident that happened,” said Rodgers. “I was then able to act from there.

“Yes, there was [an incident which brought things to a head], which points towards really needing help and support in order to make himself happy. He wants the help. When you have these incidents - and it’s been ongoing over a considerable period of time - there comes a point when you recommend that this is what we do. But we will get an assessment of where he is at professionally then put a plan in place for him.”

It has been no secret that Griffiths’ has repeatedly tested Rodgers’ patience on a number of fronts.

The Celtic manager demands players train as they play with high intensity sessions the hallmark of his regime. Rodgers expects players to lead a certain lifestyle, a lifestyle it has often felt that Griffiths fell short of.

The striker has been plagued with a number of niggling injuries over the last two seasons, problems which Rodgers’ seemed to intimate at times came through not doing things properly off the park.

The Celtic manager, too, seems at odds at times with the sense of devilment that Griffiths has about him at times. While Rodgers is painstaking to lend an impression of respect and quiet tolerance at all times, Griffiths has repeatedly landed in hot water with some of his behaviour.

Indeed, comments that emerged this week about celebrating with some gusto at Ibrox should Celtic be successful in winning against Rangers later this month would have been well lapped up by the Parkhead support but would not have been quite so well received in the manager’s office.

And yet, the relationship between the two seems almost paternal.

“Sometimes you have to be harsh to be kind so he has had the full spectrum from me,” said Rodgers. “But he knows deep down what I think of him.

“He’s great guy. He is what he is. I love that about him. He’s a little rogue, he’s cunning, if there’s a different or short way to do it, he’ll do it.

“But I like that in players at times. Lots of supporters will relate to him.

“He’s a big talent, who has unfortunately suffered over a period of time. We’re hoping we can help him here and get him back to doing what he does best, which is enjoying his life and being a father to his kids, and showing his talent on the football field.

“If you’re talking about sheer talent then that’s what Leigh has and he’s a good guy as well.

“There will be players who don’t have his nature and have issues.

“But I have a lot of time for him and he’s a great boy and we have spoken in confidence many times about a number of aspects of his life.”

Having made public his decision to look for professional help, Rodgers believes that there will be an element of relief for Griffiths as he now looks to get his life back in track.

“It normally is - for guys who have issues and you ask them what their best day was and it’s when it all comes out,” said Rodgers.

“I remember talking to a player who had huge gambling issues and when I quizzed him on what was the best feeling he said was when his wife caught him because that finished it and he could start to make himself better.

“Until that point he was living a lie.

“Sometimes that can be your life. Now once it out there hopefully it can draw a line under the issues for Leigh and the club, players, fans can all support him and give him time to become better.”

The problems around Griffiths are nothing new for Rodgers. The rumours around the player have circulated for years now but it says something that the club chose to offer the player a new four-year contract a few months back while being fully aware that he was struggling with certain issues.

“It would have been very easy to say ‘oh, you’re a pain in the backside, just move on,’ but you know he is a good guy who just needs help,” said Rodgers. “He is a football talent and I have always said at big clubs where there is competition you need three strikers.

“I always thought he would be one of those hence the reason why he got a new deal. Also, we know that we have to help him and he knows he has to help himself.

“Ultimately, the responsibility will always go back to you. You have to want to do it. It has to. It is no good everyone else wanting it for you. You have to want to do it.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beyond our ken said:

the lifestyle might be a symptom, rather than a cause of his problems

widely reported that it is a mental health issue, it's a bit selective to only go on what is in one report

this thread is a great example of why people find it so difficult to talk about their problems

Fair point, but "might" be, could just as easily be "might not".

Another choice that suits your preferred belief.

Griffith is another in along line of footballers who have gambled their life away, St Mirren have had their fair share, I don't recall mental health being tagged at these players. 

I also disagree that people find it hard to talk, it's 2018, there's been massive improvements in this area, especially over the last 5-10 years. 

I'm sure this thread has a massive impact. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 3:24 PM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Another example of intolerance towards mental illness by this poster and his alias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...