Mental Health

St.Ricky

While most  forum members seem to recognise that mental health is not a topic for levity, a few still seem keen  to use analogies in this area to portray others in a negative light whether they be players or other members on the Forum.  Im sure that I am not the only member to find this deeply offensive.  A thread titled "Another Waster" is in extremely bad taste but paradoxically clearly illustrates this point.  Wholehearted Banter with each other is one thing but this sort of approach is just unacceptable in my opinion. 

Edited by St.Ricky

25 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

While most  forum members seem to recognise that mental health is not a topic for levity, a few still seem keen use analogies in this area to portray others in a negative light whether they be players or other members on the Forum.  Im sure that I am not the only member to find this deeply offensive.  A thread titled "Another Waster" is in extremely bad taste but paradoxically clearly illustrates this point.  Wholehearted Banter with each other is one thing but this sort of approach is just unacceptable in my opinion. 

You're such a hypocrite.

You and your pal Doug are two of the most offensive on here.

And totally ignored by Mods.

Shameful point scoring with this Topic.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

You're such a hypocrite.

You and your pal Doug are two of the most offensive on here.

And totally ignored by Mods.

Shameful point scoring with this Topic.

Don't be ridiculous. I have no idea what you are suggesting Shull.

I took you to be a man of principle given your stance on sectarianism. Maybe I was wrong. 

Why do you have difficulty with me clearly staying my views on mental health and how it is treated on the forum defeats me. 

Point Scoring be dammed.  

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I have no idea what you are suggesting Shull. I took you to be a man of principle given your stance on sectarianism. Maybe I was wrong. 

Why do you have difficulty with me clearly staying my views on mental health and how it is treated on the forum defeats me. 

Point Scoring be dammed.  

Usual condescending patronising crap from you.

Point scoring Thread to have a go at Faraway Saint.

You're a fake.

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Usual condescending patronising crap from you.

Point scoring Thread to have a go at Faraway Saint.

You're a fake.

Faraway?  Isn't it Abu Dhabi Saint? 

Well I never. 

Principles are principles one lives by or they are nothing.

You will find that I have consistently objected to anyone using approaches which suggest mental incapacity or health whether addressed tome or not. 

By the way.. I am not having a dig.  I am saying clearly that this is unacceptable. 

Edited by St.Ricky

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway?  Isn't it Abu Dhabi Saint? 

Well I never. 

Principles are principles one lives by or they are nothing.

You will find that I have consistently objected to anyone using approaches which suggest mental incapacity or health whether addressed tome or not. 

By the way.. I am not having a dig.  I am saying clearly that this is unacceptable. 

Cannae help yirself.

Maybe I should switch my medicine again.

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

While most  forum members seem to recognise that mental health is not a topic for levity, a few still seem keen  to use analogies in this area to portray others in a negative light whether they be players or other members on the Forum.  Im sure that I am not the only member to find this deeply offensive.  A thread titled "Another Waster" is in extremely bad taste but paradoxically clearly illustrates this point.  Wholehearted Banter with each other is one thing but this sort of approach is just unacceptable in my opinion. 

The thread you are complaining about was posted in the Sin Bin.

Creating a thread like this in a part of the forum he can't defend himself on is pretty shitty behaviour Ricky.

I had my say on that thread so he could see my post and respond to it. You should be doing the same IMO.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The thread you are complaining about was posted in the Sin Bin.

Creating a thread like this in a part of the forum he can't defend himself on is pretty shitty behaviour Ricky.

I had my say on that thread so he could see my post and respond to it. You should be doing the same IMO.

I have. 

I’m surprised that you even look at the shit bin, SR.

not the sort of company you’d  Want to keep, surely?

i can see you might be tempted to respond to shite posted in there and correct stupid or simply wrong assumptions, but it would be better IGNORED.

Speaking of which, would some kind Moderator make it possible to set sections to IGNORE?  I have a slew of posters I already ignore but when I arrive at my unread posts, too many lines are pulsating with their poisons that I must scroll past before I see a decent poster.

cutting out the Sin Bin would save so much energy.

i often just glance now, see it all and mark the whole site as read.  :(

bad for site traffic...   

ta, in anticipation...

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

I’m surprised that you even look at the shit bin, SR.

not the sort of company you’d  Want to keep, surely?

i can see you might be tempted to respond to shite posted in there and correct stupid or simply wrong assumptions, but it would be better IGNORED.

Speaking of which, would some kind Moderator make it possible to set sections to IGNORE?  I have a slew of posters I already ignore but when I arrive at my unread posts, too many lines are pulsating with their poisons that I must scroll past before I see a decent poster.

cutting out the Sin Bin would save so much energy.

i often just glance now, see it all and mark the whole site as read.  :(

bad for site traffic...   

ta, in anticipation...

My philosophy from now on Antrim. 

I have suggested that Sin Bin Threads and Posts be excluded from being seen or listed in the main forum. 

• 3 years later...

While the PC brigade will be up in arms, no doubt already rounding on Joanna, this has been a view I have agreed with for many years.

A key point being highlighted. 

Dame Joanna Lumley has suggested many people are jumping on “the mental illness bandwagon”, telling them: “Just get a grip.”

The star, 75, said she thinks mental health is being “overplayed” right now and that anyone who is sad is saying they have mental health issues.

She said there is a difference between experiencing human emotions like grief and being clinically depressed.

Speaking during an interview about her work campaigning for animal welfare, Dame Joanna said: “I have to say – this is a horrible thing to say – but I think the mental health thing is being overplayed at the moment because anybody who is even remotely sad says they have got mental problems."

She went on: “You go, ‘This is what is called being human’. When someone dies and you grieve, that’s human. That’s what being a human is. You’re not mentally ill."

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, EthanWhite said:

Likewise, I have always liked publications about medicine, so in this case I also want to tell you about a product. So just try cbg gummies that you can consume, so it will help you to significantly improve your health. Do you suffer from insomnia or fatigue? believe me, this product will help you get rid of it.

Thanks. :thumbs2

Just bought twenty boxes for Shull. :byebye