Saint Mirren v St Johnstone

St.Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/12/2018 at 11:59 PM, St.Ricky said:

Intriguing match coming up.  Nice to see us cooperating in the mascot scheme which say a young fan being St Mirren's mascot on the day.  Now it will be a Young St Johnston fan. 

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/boxing-day-mascot-competition

A 2pm start for this match.  St Johnstone have a tough game on Sunday,  Just 3 days before this game.

Come on the Paisley Saints. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This is going to be a tough nut to crack. St Johnstone have been on some form they are very well organized , keep there shape attack in numbers. I will be over the moon to take something from this game. 

IOBS.   I thought the match at Perth Was the toughest we have had all season.  As others have said, they are very well organised in defence and break forward quickly in numbers.  This will be a good measure of our progress.  COYPS

2 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Our midfield will be in for a tough game and will all need bigger shinpads with ankle padding!

For me this is where the game will be won or lost.

I'm coming over for this game even though I have a dinner party at night. Time I get back they will have drank that much that anything will taste good :lol:

I thought, other than fitness, they weren't that far ahead of us in any depertment during the recent game in Perth. This is not to be construed as we were good, they were just marginally less honking than us for most of the game and their fitness told in the last quarter of the game.

We should be more able to compete this time around and can maybe get a goal (we'll need one as they will likely score)

I'm cautiously optimistic of a point.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For me this is where the game will be won or lost.

I'm coming over for this game even though I have a dinner party at night. Time I get back they will have drank that much that anything will taste good :lol:

Oooh, a dinner party indeed. Are you Stu D in disguise? 

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I thought, other than fitness, they weren't that far ahead of us in any depertment during the recent game in Perth. This is not to be construed as we were good, they were just marginally less honking than us for most of the game and their fitness told in the last quarter of the game.

We should be more able to compete this time around and can maybe get a goal (we'll need one as they will likely score)

I'm cautiously optimistic of a point.

BYK. It's always amazing that each of us can see games so differently. I thought they were streets ahead of us in Perth. Well organised in defence and broke quickly and in numbers.  A point would be good. More would be brilliant.