Saint Mirren v St Johnstone

St.Ricky

St Johnstone have always been a tough nut for us......another bogey team.
Even when we were fling high in the early/mid 80s and they had just been promoted and were really struggling. ...one particular game, which I was at, they had hardly any points or goals well in to the season, came to Love St and beat us 2-1. Our goal being a very late consolation by Mark Fulton at the Caledonia End if I mind right!
John Pelosi their hard man in midfield and John Brogan up front....
will go try find that game on the programme site.

3 hours ago, farmer john said:

oh well, some of my recollections were correct anyway...no sign of Pelosi or Brogan!
That was some team we had then....how did we manage to lose to that bunch of duffers?!

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1983&GameID=198312100

They beat us 3 times and drew the other

17 hours ago, farmer john said:

St Johnstone have always been a tough nut for us......another bogey team.
Even when we were fling high in the early/mid 80s and they had just been promoted and were really struggling. ...one particular game, which I was at, they had hardly any points or goals well in to the season, came to Love St and beat us 2-1. Our goal being a very late consolation by Mark Fulton at the Caledonia End if I mind right!
John Pelosi their hard man in midfield and John Brogan up front....
will go try find that game on the programme site.

I remember that game, Alex Miller had not long taken over and we were on not a bad run, we just need to remember tomorrow that Motherwell beat this mob and we have just beat Motherwell. 

FECKING RANT ALERT

Just tried to book a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow to facilitate coming to the game. No fecking trains running at all. The 26th December is not even an official public holiday in Scotland so never mind the football but anyone travelling who has had a Christmas day bevy will all be expected to drive to work or whatever. Absolutely shit public service.

How the feck can the SPFL justify fixtures on days when the main public transport doesn't run.

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Give the scottish rail franchise to some fecker that can run it and get SCOT RAIL to Feck

Oh and COYS>

See you tomorrow but how i'm gonnae get there I don't know.  

28 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FECKING RANT ALERT

Just tried to book a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow to facilitate coming to the game. No fecking trains running at all. The 26th December is not even an official public holiday in Scotland so never mind the football but anyone travelling who has had a Christmas day bevy will all be expected to drive to work or whatever. Absolutely shit public service.

How the feck can the SPFL justify fixtures on days when the main public transport doesn't run.

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Give the scottish rail franchise to some fecker that can run it and get SCOT RAIL to Feck

Oh and COYS>

Isn't it a Dutch mob called Abellio that are responsible for running the rail network in Scotland on behalf of Scotrail ?

And isn't the Citylink coach via the M8 a much cheaper option than the train ? 

FECKING RANT ALERT
OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.
Oh and COYS>

Unfortunately the 26th is a bank and public holiday Bud. Absolute sod that it f**ks up your travel plans.
Any kind hearted east coast bud out there demonstrate some festive spirit and help this struggling Bud out ?
Hope you manage to make the game.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Isn't it a Dutch mob called Abellio that are responsible for running the rail network in Scotland on behalf of Scotrail ?

And isn't the Citylink coach via the M8 a much cheaper option than the train ? 

No megabus or city link buses tomorrow between 0705 and 1320 Public transport is a fecking disgrace. There is a full programme on tomorrow but if you don't go on a supporters bus or take the car you're fecked. Not a big demand for saints supporters buses out here. 

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Unfortunately the 26th is a bank and public holiday Bud. Absolute sod that it f**ks up your travel plans.
Any kind hearted east coast bud out there demonstrate some festive spirit and help this struggling Bud out ?
Hope you manage to make the game.

Its not a public holiday in Scotland and any public or emergency services etc don't get a penny more for working it. I'll have to bring the car tomorrow but that's just cut short any other christmas celebrations I may have planned for this evening.

Cheers though for the appeal. Despite fecking scotrail I'll be there.

Merry Chistmas

9 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Its not a public holiday in Scotland and any public or emergency services etc don't get a penny more for working it. I'll have to bring the car tomorrow but that's just cut short any other christmas celebrations I may have planned for this evening.

Merry Chistmas

Really cant believe there's no service tomorrow morning, football aside you'd think there would be a large demand. Very shoddy service. 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FECKING RANT ALERT

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Oh and COYS>

I blame the Tories but dont tell Oaky. Merry Xmas :P

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I blame the Tories but dont tell Oaky. Merry Xmas :P

Start with the SPFL... A little connection with the real world inhabited by supporters and give some thought to scheduling. 

After that... All right... Blame the railway and bus operators for not seeing the commercial opportunities.

After that then.. Blame the politicians if you must. 

Merry Chistmas

What a martyr to the cause you are.:lol:

Merry Chistmas

Improvising from the borders. Lift to Carluke for the train. There is a Edinburgh to Glasgow bus service going on.