Saint Mirren v St Johnstone

St.Ricky

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FECKING RANT ALERT

Just tried to book a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow to facilitate coming to the game. No fecking trains running at all. The 26th December is not even an official public holiday in Scotland so never mind the football but anyone travelling who has had a Christmas day bevy will all be expected to drive to work or whatever. Absolutely shit public service.

How the feck can the SPFL justify fixtures on days when the main public transport doesn't run.

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Give the scottish rail franchise to some fecker that can run it and get SCOT RAIL to Feck

Oh and COYS>

See you tomorrow but how i'm gonnae get there I don't know.  

Scotrail only owns the rolling stock. Main control is Network Rail (owned by Westminster).

No trains running down this way tomorrow either.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, farmer john said:

St Johnstone have always been a tough nut for us......another bogey team.
Even when we were fling high in the early/mid 80s and they had just been promoted and were really struggling. ...one particular game, which I was at, they had hardly any points or goals well in to the season, came to Love St and beat us 2-1. Our goal being a very late consolation by Mark Fulton at the Caledonia End if I mind right!
John Pelosi their hard man in midfield and John Brogan up front....
will go try find that game on the programme site.

You’ve reminded me of the time we were SPL and they were Championship, and we met in the Scottish Cup (Quarter Final?). We were fortunate to get a draw in Perth thanks to a trademark Andy Dorman finish. Replay at home, the lower league side were 3-0 up at half time and I’m sure they also missed a penalty. We would then get our only penalty of the entire season, and slot it home to finish the game 3-1. As far as home games go, that was one of the worst I’d attended. Shambolic.

1 hour ago, st jock said:

2.0 st mirren and the festivities to continue.

I live your optimism. So much so that I am going to go for this score too. COYS

Great to see Dean Lyness in the BBC Scotland Team of the Week.

Edited by St.Ricky

41 minutes ago, billyg said:

Back to earth with a thump today ? a comfortable Fakes victory I think !

TBF they did look pretty decent playing Sevco the other day but take Morelos out that team and there bang average so 

they weren't exactly up against anything special..

We've got nothing to fear and I fully expect us to take something from this game (hopefully a win) and it's the first time 

this season I've felt a bit of confidence going into a game.... C'mon Saint's let's get tore right into these cnuts......

13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FECKING RANT ALERT

Just tried to book a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow to facilitate coming to the game. No fecking trains running at all. The 26th December is not even an official public holiday in Scotland so never mind the football but anyone travelling who has had a Christmas day bevy will all be expected to drive to work or whatever. Absolutely shit public service.

How the feck can the SPFL justify fixtures on days when the main public transport doesn't run.

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Give the scottish rail franchise to some fecker that can run it and get SCOT RAIL to Feck

Oh and COYS>

See you tomorrow but how i'm gonnae get there I don't know.  

That's bizarre Ferry and train's running a Sunday service to St James from here. Oh well I will just have your pint :P

With only two or three exceptions this will be as big a test as we are going to face playing in the Premiership . But..we are at home and look like we might have found a shape, starting eleven and a bit of form. So...I'm going to stick with a prediction if a 2..0 win for St Mirren.

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

With only two or three exceptions this will be as big a test as we are going to face playing in the Premiership . But..we are at home and look like we might have found a shape, starting eleven and a bit of form. So...I'm going to stick with a prediction if a 2..0 win for St Mirren.

I would suggest your 2 or 3 is more like 10 ! This is the sort of game we have to target. Despite our record against them this is not the sort of game you are setting it up as. We have got to start backing up our odd good result if we hope to try to pull clear of the trap door

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I would suggest your 2 or 3 is more like 10 ! This is the sort of game we have to target. Despite our record against them this is not the sort of game you are setting it up as. We have got to start backing up our odd good result if we hope to try to pull clear of the trap door

Every game in this league is test Ayrshire.  The performance of St Johnstone against us in Perth was as solid as I have seen from any other team this season with only Aberdeen and Hearts (in their first match against us) looking as good. Of course we should be looking for points... That's why I have plumped for a 2:0 home win. What's your prediction?

HT 0-0

Probably about right. Would say we have been the better team in terms of possession but we just haven’t created anything. So many moves breaking down in the final third after getting ourselves in some good positions, there’s a real lack of quality for us up there.

St Johnstone look like they’ve had a good Christmas. Very lethargic and haven’t offered much of anything.

Oh well. Was checking line ups before heading out to match and see it’s already started. Enjoy the game lads. I accept this is my bad for not checking, but perhaps the club have incurred a risk by changing the ko time. Why?

Don’t think it was anything to do with the club.

Prob a bit of consideration for travelling fans as st Johnstone and Celtic fans who have the longest to travel on the Boxing Day games have been brought forward an hour.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Don’t think it was anything to do with the club.

Prob a bit of consideration for travelling fans as st Johnstone and Celtic fans who have the longest to travel on the Boxing Day games have been brought forward an hour.

I think both clubs agreed to it, but they did post it on the OS so it was known for a while.