Jump to content

St.Ricky

Saint Mirren v St Johnstone

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Its not a public holiday in Scotland and any public or emergency services etc don't get a penny more for working it. I'll have to bring the car tomorrow but that's just cut short any other christmas celebrations I may have planned for this evening.

Cheers though for the appeal. Despite fecking scotrail I'll be there.

Merry Chistmas

 

Improvising from the borders. Lift to Carluke for the train. There is a Edinburgh to Glasgow bus service going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FECKING RANT ALERT

Just tried to book a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow to facilitate coming to the game. No fecking trains running at all. The 26th December is not even an official public holiday in Scotland so never mind the football but anyone travelling who has had a Christmas day bevy will all be expected to drive to work or whatever. Absolutely shit public service.

How the feck can the SPFL justify fixtures on days when the main public transport doesn't run.

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Give the scottish rail franchise to some fecker that can run it and get SCOT RAIL to Feck

Oh and COYS>

See you tomorrow but how i'm gonnae get there I don't know.  

 

Scotrail only owns the rolling stock. Main control is Network Rail (owned by Westminster).

No trains running down this way tomorrow either.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, farmer john said:

St Johnstone have always been a tough nut for us......another bogey team.
Even when we were fling high in the early/mid 80s and they had just been promoted and were really struggling. ...one particular game, which I was at, they had hardly any points or goals well in to the season, came to Love St and beat us 2-1. Our goal being a very late consolation by Mark Fulton at the Caledonia End if I mind right!
John Pelosi their hard man in midfield and John Brogan up front....
will go try find that game on the programme site.

You’ve reminded me of the time we were SPL and they were Championship, and we met in the Scottish Cup (Quarter Final?). We were fortunate to get a draw in Perth thanks to a trademark Andy Dorman finish. Replay at home, the lower league side were 3-0 up at half time and I’m sure they also missed a penalty. We would then get our only penalty of the entire season, and slot it home to finish the game 3-1. As far as home games go, that was one of the worst I’d attended. Shambolic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st jock said:

2.0 st mirren and the festivities to continue.

I live your optimism. So much so that I am going to go for this score too. COYS

Great to see Dean Lyness in the BBC Scotland Team of the Week.

 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, billyg said:

Back to earth with a thump today ? a comfortable Fakes victory I think !

TBF they did look pretty decent playing Sevco the other day but take Morelos out that team and there bang average so 

they weren't exactly up against anything special..

 

We've got nothing to fear and I fully expect us to take something from this game (hopefully a win) and it's the first time 

this season I've felt a bit of confidence going into a game.... C'mon Saint's let's get tore right into these cnuts......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

FECKING RANT ALERT

Just tried to book a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow to facilitate coming to the game. No fecking trains running at all. The 26th December is not even an official public holiday in Scotland so never mind the football but anyone travelling who has had a Christmas day bevy will all be expected to drive to work or whatever. Absolutely shit public service.

How the feck can the SPFL justify fixtures on days when the main public transport doesn't run.

OUT_ FECKING RAGEOUS.

Give the scottish rail franchise to some fecker that can run it and get SCOT RAIL to Feck

Oh and COYS>

See you tomorrow but how i'm gonnae get there I don't know.  

 

That's bizarre Ferry and train's running a Sunday service to St James from here. Oh well I will just have your pint :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With only two or three exceptions this will be as big a test as we are going to face playing in the Premiership . But..we are at home and look like we might have found a shape, starting eleven and a bit of form. So...I'm going to stick with a prediction if a 2..0 win for St Mirren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

With only two or three exceptions this will be as big a test as we are going to face playing in the Premiership . But..we are at home and look like we might have found a shape, starting eleven and a bit of form. So...I'm going to stick with a prediction if a 2..0 win for St Mirren.

I would suggest your 2 or 3 is more like 10 ! This is the sort of game we have to target. Despite our record against them this is not the sort of game you are setting it up as. We have got to start backing up our odd good result if we hope to try to pull clear of the trap door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I would suggest your 2 or 3 is more like 10 ! This is the sort of game we have to target. Despite our record against them this is not the sort of game you are setting it up as. We have got to start backing up our odd good result if we hope to try to pull clear of the trap door

Every game in this league is test Ayrshire.  The performance of St Johnstone against us in Perth was as solid as I have seen from any other team this season with only Aberdeen and Hearts (in their first match against us) looking as good. Of course we should be looking for points... That's why I have plumped for a 2:0 home win. What's your prediction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HT 0-0

 

Probably about right. Would say we have been the better team in terms of possession but we just haven’t created anything. So many moves breaking down in the final third after getting ourselves in some good positions, there’s a real lack of quality for us up there.

 

St Johnstone look like they’ve had a good Christmas. Very lethargic and haven’t offered much of anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh well. Was checking line ups before heading out to match and see it’s already started. Enjoy the game lads. I accept this is my bad for not checking, but perhaps the club have incurred a risk by changing the ko time. Why?

Don’t think it was anything to do with the club.

Prob a bit of consideration for travelling fans as st Johnstone and Celtic fans who have the longest to travel on the Boxing Day games have been brought forward an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, buddies1877 said:


Don’t think it was anything to do with the club.

Prob a bit of consideration for travelling fans as st Johnstone and Celtic fans who have the longest to travel on the Boxing Day games have been brought forward an hour.
 

I think both clubs agreed to it, but they did post it on the OS so it was known for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better side but not a lot created. 

Cammy Smith has played quite well but I'd like to see him burst forward when linking up with McGinn. Few times he's been primed to get the ball back in a good area but just isn't quite making those runs. 

 

All in all, we're doing quite well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...