St.Ricky

Saint Mirren v St Johnstone

I think the game yesterday was a perfect example of our problem.

We really missed the dig of a Magennis type in the middle, game was crying out for someone to get their foot on the ball and really take control of the game. Stephen McGinn was great - but needed support next to him. 

For me, centre mid is a key area to improve in.

Keeping Hammill would be huge. He was in the 1877 club and showed signs that he might just stay until the end of the season... fingers crossed

Ferdinand is away, so we need a centre half. One injury there and we are f**ked

We have no depth in wide areas. Really need someone who can play left or right wing and inject a bit of pace... cough cough Lewis Morgan 

Kyle McAllister back on loan would do!

Another key weakness is of course up front. Cody Cooke showed against Motherwell that we could use a big battering ram - sadly he's no quite good enough to do it on a regular basis. I like the boys attitude though. Mr Heaton could learn a lot from Cooke and Jones

With no Cooke, there was little option to change things up top. You can get the frustration on this coming from the manager, going by his post match comments.
Anyone know why Cooke wasn't playing, or even on the bench ? Saw him tweet he was "gutted" not to be involved.

We really missed the dig of a Magennis type in the middle, game was crying out for someone to get their foot on the ball and really take control of the game. Stephen McGinn was great - but needed support next to him. 
Keeping Hammill would be huge. He was in the 1877 club and showed signs that he might just stay until the end of the season... fingers crossed

We have no depth in wide areas. Really need someone who can play left or right wing and inject a bit of pace... cough cough Lewis Morgan 

Another key weakness is of course up front. Cody Cooke showed against Motherwell that we could use a big battering ram - sadly he's no quite good enough to do it on a regular basis. I like the boys attitude though. Mr Heaton could learn a lot from Cooke and Jones

What's the problem with Heaton ? injured, not applying himself or simply not good enough. Or a combination of these and more ?

7 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
38 minutes ago, Doakes said:

What's the problem with Heaton ? injured, not applying himself or simply not good enough. Or a combination of these and more ?

Doesn't seem interested, every picture you see he's either on his phone or sulking in the background. Not sure what his problem is tbh. Not even playing for the reserves now. Compare to Jones who has forced his way into the first team, great attitude 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Doesn't seem interested, every picture you see he's either on his phone or sulking in the background. Not sure what his problem is tbh. Not even playing for the reserves now. Compare to Jones who has forced his way into the first team, great attitude 

In fairness most of the reserve side who played our last match was the whole youth team plus Kirkpatrick.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In fairness most of the reserve side who played our last match was the whole youth team plus Kirkpatrick.

If Heaton was in consideration for the first team he would be in those reserve games alongside Kirkpatrick. 

37 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Did heaton not get a bad injury at some point pretty sure I seen his foot in a cast a while back not sure if he has recovered yet?

I think Heaton has been on the first team bench a couple of times since his injury , he's clearly not in the plans. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back where he came from for free.

17 minutes ago, billyg said:

I think Heaton has been on the first team bench a couple of times since his injury , he's clearly not in the plans. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back where he came from for free.

Cooke, Magennis and a few others were sat in front of me yesterday. Heaton nowhere to be seen...think he’ll be away. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
47 minutes ago, aldo_j said:
Cooke, Magennis and a few others were sat in front of me yesterday. Heaton nowhere to be seen...think he’ll be away. 

Yeah, you could have a point, particularly given that one of the others was MacKenzie.

A quick social media search shows Heaton posting in a gym in Leyland....hardly where he needs to be if part of the squad. 

On 12/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, Kenny fae Partick' said:

I wouldn't fault anyone for effort today and I don't think there is any team selection or formation that would have made a difference. The problem is we just don't have the quality to win these type of games. Recruitment in January is going to be vital

Oh right, explain to me what that performance was in the last 20 minutes then - particularly at the goal?

If surrendering a point against a pretty poor team that was within touching distance is acceptable to you and the other happy clappers who ‘liked’ your jibberish then so be it.

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Oh right, explain to me what that performance was in the last 20 minutes then - particularly at the goal?

If surrendering a point against a pretty poor team that was within touching distance is acceptable to you and the other happy clappers who ‘liked’ your jibberish then so be it.

:lol:lol:lol St Johnstone are NINETEEN points ahead of us (with a game in hand) and with 31 points already have more than we will finish the season on. Another who struggles to engage the brain before posting! 

4 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Wow talk about over reaction.

Who said it was acceptable.

I'd cut down on the caffeine if I was you.