The St Mirren Shop

shull

44 minutes ago, shull said:

Seems to be shut on Matchday v St Johnstone. I could be very wrong though.

Says it is closed from Xmas Day to January the 3rd.

Might have been worth it to open at a few times during this Period.

For Buddies up here on holiday

Children wanting to spend their Christmas money.

Even just a service to St Mirren Supporters.

Very strange indeed

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Street traders license plus permission, police and council. Not expensive.  

There’s is Extra expense .  

Finding empty premises at decent rental in the right location . ( don’t know what rates would be payable also , if any ) 

If it is to be a street trader type pop up, where are they going to set up and in what ?  Rent or buy a market stall ? De-stocking andset up every day ? That would incur van rental charges  to move stock  back and forth . 

Nice idea but with our target market , I would suspect it would be too expensive .  

Ah for the good old days of having the Saints shop in town ! :)

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Street traders license plus permission, police and council. Not expensive.  

Yeah you've forgotten the cost of providing staff, moving stock to the venue, the cost of the pop-up venue itself. That's just off the top of my head.

ETA. At what point do I read the entire thread before posting? :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

There’s is Extra expense .  

Finding empty premises at decent rental in the right location . ( don’t know what rates would be payable also , if any ) 

If it is to be a street trader type pop up, where are they going to set up and in what ?  Rent or buy a market stall ? De-stocking andset up every day ? That would incur van rental charges  to move stock  back and forth . 

Nice idea but with our target market , I would suspect it would be too expensive .  

Ah for the good old days of having the Saints shop in town ! :)

Wrote thinking said a pop up shop meaning mobile. 

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah you've forgotten the cost of providing staff, moving stock to the venue, the cost of the pop-up venue itself. That's just off the top of my head.

ETA. At what point do I read the entire thread before posting? :lol:

What a serious plonker you are at times. It can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. If you are going for detailed cost you have missed quite a few out. I was writting about a pop up unit which would need permission from the Police and council plus a street license.  Not a detailed cost ideot.  

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What a serious plonker you are at times. It can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. If you are going for detailed cost you have missed quite a few out. I was writting about a pop up unit which would need permission from the Police and council plus a street license.  Not a detailed cost ideot.  

You said "Not expensive" and then went on to omit all the highest costs.

Perhaps you can direct me to any part of my posts which said I was trying to produce a detailed costing.

I'll leave others to decide who is the idiot. Or should I say "ideot". :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You said "Not expensive" and then went on to omit all the highest costs.

Perhaps you can direct me to any part of my posts which said I was trying to produce a detailed costing.

I'll leave others to decide who is the idiot. Or should I say "ideot". :lol:

Street licence is cheap last time I knew. You can get a tent like shop ( pop up shop just over £100. One staff is all you need. Other option is empty shop which you can get for next to nothing including for nothing so many are empty owners just want someone in them to put heat through them also to show sales can be had from their premises. Granted you can have free rates but will need to pay electric, garbage water.  I know I was in the market before buying a shop. As I wrote as cheap or as expensive as you want. Bottom line if you want to buy a Saints present go to the shop which is not at the end of the world we are not the old firm we have low sales for merchandise especially when the team are not doing well. 

Street licence is cheap last time I knew. You can get a tent like shop ( pop up shop just over £100. One staff is all you need. Other option is empty shop which you can get for next to nothing including for nothing so many are empty owners just want someone in them to put heat through them also to show sales can be had from their premises. Granted you can have free rates but will need to pay electric, garbage water.  I know I was in the market before buying a shop. As I wrote as cheap or as expensive as you want. Bottom line if you want to buy a Saints present go to the shop which is not at the end of the world we are not the old firm we have low sales for merchandise especially when the team are not doing well. 

Sorry Bud . Your last sentence summed up why the plan is a no go .

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

All that mouth and abuse and you are undone by your last sentence.  :lol:

I just find it easier these days to let people hang themselves by their own rope.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:07 AM, oaksoft said:

All that mouth and abuse and you are undone by your last sentence.  :lol:

I just find it easier these days to let people hang themselves by their own rope.

Best to sticking what you know Oaksoft , conspiracy here conspiracy there conspiracy every where . Two billion galaxy's  ( GALAXYS ) and we are the only one in the big space is us. :lol:

13 hours ago, shull said:

Summat similar but larger

On the surface these things look cheap but it is going to be too expensive to do this and it is highly doubtful we could sell enough to cover the costs. It would depend on the profit margin on the things we sold but I would be surprised if we break even without selling at least 20 to 30 shirts for example. It's a complete non starter IMO but if anyone can show financially that this would work I am all ears.

Edited by oaksoft

13 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Best to sticking what you know Oaksoft , conspiracy here conspiracy there conspiracy every where . Two billion galaxy's  ( GALAXYS ) and we are the only one in the big space is us. :lol:

Do you have any sort of numbers to back up your nonsense that this would earn the club money or are you just full of hot air and apparently beer again? It doesnt need full costings. Just show me your rough numbers to justify your cocky bullshit on this thread.

Lets see if you have any substance whatsoever.

In September a Morton fan over here was moving house so I offered him my van.  He returned the van with a Morton top over the backrest of the seat , a Morton scarf over the dashboard. Have let it rest so yesterday went into the St Mirren shop and bought a St Mirren car sticker with the club badge. This badge is going on his lower rear bumper he is a good customer of mine but this has to be done :D