Motherwell v St Mirren 22/12/18

St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, alanb said:

More tinkering.

Good that Lyness keeps his place but Edwards. come on, must be blackmail going on as he is never a footballer.

The slaughtering of Edwards is getting boring - he's nowhere near the worst. He gives 100% and that alone is more than can be said for a lot of players in the current squad. I'd be happy to see him move on in January to make way for a better quality player, but he doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting the last few weeks...  

The slaughtering of Edwards is getting boring - he's nowhere near the worst. He gives 100% and that alone is more than can be said for a lot of players in the current squad. I'd be happy to see him move on in January to make way for a better quality player, but he doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting the last few weeks...  

Not abuse but criticism

1 minute ago, RossCSmfc said:

He played great against Celtic and Rangers, he is somewhat out of form and confidence currently and probably should be taken out of the firing line.

I do find it ironic however that Cooke is hailed as the messiah and commended for ‘working hard’ to get back in the team... these same people then slaughter Edwards. If it was down to workrate Edwards would be first on teamsheet but it’s about far more than that.

Spot on. Think cause he’s Stubbs signing he’s getting undue abuse.

As for the team today, desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.

Cooke won’t do any worse than anyone else we’ve had up front recently. Guess Lyness is our number one now, didn’t look up to much last week but then neither does Rogers so...

Without Hammil in the team can’t see us scoring.

Will be optimistic and go for 0-0

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Guess Lyness is our number one now, didn’t look up to much last week but then neither does Rogers so...

Granted that because I don’t see the full game I don’t see things like his distribution and command of area, but he couldn’t do anything about the goals he conceded IMO. 

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

Granted that because I don’t see the full game I don’t see things like his distribution and command of area, but he couldn’t do anything about the goals he conceded IMO. 

TopCat said it so you can pretty much guarantee that what he said is the opposite of what really happened, spin spin spin to suit his agenda.

Lyness was fine last week - distribution okay considering playing into high winds and actually made some good saves. Could’ve maybe came out for the 2nd goal but understandably won’t have the confidence to do so yet coming into a team leaking goals.

I think this line up and subs bench is OK trying his best to use rotation due to the number of games in December. I reckon Young McPherson will be back in the fold come Wednesday. McShane may even start and, unless it is because of injury, Hammill will.

As for the scoreline. My thoughts haven't changed. If Motherwell score, we won't win.

I think this line up and subs bench is OK trying his best to use rotation due to the number of games in December. I reckon Young McPherson will be back in the fold come Wednesday. McShane may even start and, unless it is because of injury, Hammill will.
As for the scoreline. My thoughts haven't changed. If Motherwell score, we won't win.

Squad rotation?

Is that cos of the number of Champions League and international games our players have to play?

FFS, the fool has just dropped our best player. You know, the guy whose been scoring and making most of our goals!

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Squad rotation?

Is that cos of the number of Champions League and international games our players have to play?

FFS, the fool has just dropped our best player. You know, the guy whose been scoring and making most of our goals!

Squad rotation because its a whole week till they get a three week break?

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Squad rotation?

Perhaps I'm havering but didn't Hammill hobble off last week at about 75 minutes?