Motherwell v St Mirren 22/12/18

St.Ricky

First half was easily forgettable. But great battling 2nd half performance. Hammill and Smith coming on gave us that bit of guile upfront. Hard to pick A MOM. But think I would pick the skipper. But Ferdinand . Hodson. We're in with a shout. Great unexpected 3 points. Merry Xmas all Saints fans. Coys.

3 hours ago, herman_munster said:

LGBT  Sportscene Online

Carpet munchers on as pundits, is it true there's Guinness and a half ounce of golden

virginia and a packet of skins for them in the green room?

And todays award for 'best comment right out of the 1970's' goes to... 

4 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

First half was easily forgettable. But great battling 2nd half performance. Hammill and Smith coming on gave us that bit of guile upfront. Hard to pick A MOM. But think I would pick the skipper. But Ferdinand . Hodson. We're in with a shout. Great unexpected 3 points. Merry Xmas all Saints fans. Coys.

I think the set up for the first half was perfect and the management team done their homework

Motherwell rested their front line mid week and prepared them for today

2 up front for motherwell and we play 3 centre halfs and 2 wing backs

killed any momentum they tried to achieve

then of course..hit them with the sucker punch second half

well done "Da Management"

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It’s one win and we shouldn’t get carried away but great to get the win and boost confidence. This is a hard league to be in for clubs such as us and there will be many more setbacks this season but for now good to be celebrating a win on a Saturday night emoji481.pngemoji106.png

Spot on. However after our start i have been given permission to get carried away. So i wont return to work for 9 days. I will drink every day and be generous to family and friends. Can either do this for some dude that allegedly was born in a Barn 2018 years ago or getting 3 points away from home. Latter will do :santa:santa

I saw one of the papers having  a go at the ref, saying he was really inconsistent and wouldn't let the game flow. I thought he was one of the better refs we've had this season, not a lot of controversy but got most decisions right (though not sure where he got 4 minutes of injury time from).

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!

Absolutely brilliant day out yesterday. Fresh on the back of a Rather boozy Xmas day out on Friday we hit Motherwell. The festivities continued, and we ended up in the Cooper Suite with two of Santa’s little helpers in very fetching outfits. I knew exactly what to ask from Santa and Christmas came early.

First, the fans. We turned up in numbers and we made some noise. Well done buds. That was a fantastic performance.

Then there was the team. That was fighting spirit. No one crapped it when it came to tackles and challenges. Bairdy was bonkers, Hodson was harrying everyone and Cammy smith was stupendous. Did you see him run to get involved in the scrap on the edge of their box to win a ball he had no chance of winning and we got a great shot on goal as a result. Where the feck has that Cammy Smith been hiding all season. Welcome back. Lyness was outstanding, Hodson was something special, big Anton was a Rock. Hammil was quality and McGinn looked and acted like the captain we once knew. The whole team did us proud. Well done guys.

The tactics. A few buds around me were moaning about our antics at the corner flag. We’ve all been there when Livi or Dumbarton done it to us and yes, it’s not pretty but FFS we needed those three points and if that’s what it takes carry on Boys. An ugly win in this league is better than a spectacular defeat any day of the week for me.

So, congratulations to Oran and the team on our first away win. Loved the way Oran conducted the sing song at the end and Captain Fantastic. We just love to see you in front of a winning team. The wee boy who got your shirt at the end looked ecstatic but trust me, we all were. Big Anton also made someone happy with his shirt too. Big man jumped over the hoarding to deliver it too. I wasn’t sure he would make it.

So, we can all enjoy Christmas, but seriously Guys you need to keep this going. We need two performances on the bounce. Keep this up on Boxing day and don’t deliver an inept performance on the back of a good result the way you normally do.

Thank you Santa, Thank you Oran, and thank you Saints. It’s definitely bringing to look a lot like Christmas.

Edited by East Lothian Saint