Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Abu Dhabi Saints

Video Converter

Recommended Posts

My TV doesn't support some formats of downloaded video files (MKV) 

I've tried using VLC Video player, it seems to go through the process of converting, and at a pretty good rate, but nothing happens when "completed".

I downloaded Freemake Video converter which I tried with Kevin Bridges latest DVD release.

It seemed to work but the quality was very poor and had a watermark with "Freemake" on the screen.

I've just downloaded " Any Video Converter" which is working away as I type but is taking 3 hours to covert a 90 minute video.

Anyone any suggestions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shull said:

Kevin Bridges DVD is for sale in Morrisons for those who urnae stingy. 

It's on my Christmas List. 

I've watched it and I was a wee bit disappointed. Not as funny as he used to be and his constant cackling at his own observations was annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Just as well I didn't pay for it then. :P

Although you're a grumpy cnut, it'll probably be great. :wink:

Kevin's video didn't make me much less grumpy though.

ETA.

His opening line was quite funny and quite probably true.

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, div said:

Everything you need. No nonsense, free, no junkware.

https://handbrake.fr/

Does it convert in equal time to the file I'm trying to convert? 

Using the AVC right now, doing the trick but, as I've mentioned, taking approx twice as long to convert as the file.

Currently converting The Haunting of Hill House, approx 10 hours of TV, going to take 20 hours. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Does it convert in equal time to the file I'm trying to convert? 

Using the AVC right now, doing the trick but, as I've mentioned, taking approx twice as long to convert as the file.

Currently converting The Haunting of Hill House, approx 10 hours of TV, going to take 20 hours. 

 

I'd think it will be a lot quicker than that but depends on your machine speed I guess.

I ripped the 2013 cup final DVD in about 20 minutes using Handbrake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, div said:

I'd think it will be a lot quicker than that but depends on your machine speed I guess.

I ripped the 2013 cup final DVD in about 20 minutes using Handbrake.

You were right enough, almost converted in real time and, more importantly, quality maintained. :thumbsup

As you suggest, probably could be quicker but my machines not the best, 4 years old, could do with a newer model. 

Cheers, much appreciated........................now, there's something else we need to discuss. :whistle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You were right enough, almost converted in real time and, more importantly, quality maintained. :thumbsup

As you suggest, probably could be quicker but my machines not the best, 4 years old, could do with a newer model. 

Cheers, much appreciated........................now, there's something else we need to discuss. :whistle

 

Crawling Bassa :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...