Sign in to follow this  
Abu Dhabi Saints

Video Converter

My TV doesn't support some formats of downloaded video files (MKV) 

I've tried using VLC Video player, it seems to go through the process of converting, and at a pretty good rate, but nothing happens when "completed".

I downloaded Freemake Video converter which I tried with Kevin Bridges latest DVD release.

It seemed to work but the quality was very poor and had a watermark with "Freemake" on the screen.

I've just downloaded " Any Video Converter" which is working away as I type but is taking 3 hours to covert a 90 minute video.

Anyone any suggestions? 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Kevin Bridges DVD is for sale in Morrisons for those who urnae stingy. 

It's on my Christmas List. 

I've watched it and I was a wee bit disappointed. Not as funny as he used to be and his constant cackling at his own observations was annoying.

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Just as well I didn't pay for it then. :P

Although you're a grumpy cnut, it'll probably be great. :wink:

Kevin's video didn't make me much less grumpy though.

ETA.

His opening line was quite funny and quite probably true.

Edited by stlucifer

15 minutes ago, div said:

Everything you need. No nonsense, free, no junkware.

https://handbrake.fr/

Does it convert in equal time to the file I'm trying to convert? 

Using the AVC right now, doing the trick but, as I've mentioned, taking approx twice as long to convert as the file.

Currently converting The Haunting of Hill House, approx 10 hours of TV, going to take 20 hours. 

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Does it convert in equal time to the file I'm trying to convert? 

Using the AVC right now, doing the trick but, as I've mentioned, taking approx twice as long to convert as the file.

Currently converting The Haunting of Hill House, approx 10 hours of TV, going to take 20 hours. 

I'd think it will be a lot quicker than that but depends on your machine speed I guess.

I ripped the 2013 cup final DVD in about 20 minutes using Handbrake.

2 hours ago, div said:

I'd think it will be a lot quicker than that but depends on your machine speed I guess.

I ripped the 2013 cup final DVD in about 20 minutes using Handbrake.

You were right enough, almost converted in real time and, more importantly, quality maintained. :thumbsup

As you suggest, probably could be quicker but my machines not the best, 4 years old, could do with a newer model. 

Cheers, much appreciated........................now, there's something else we need to discuss. :whistle

13 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You were right enough, almost converted in real time and, more importantly, quality maintained. :thumbsup

As you suggest, probably could be quicker but my machines not the best, 4 years old, could do with a newer model. 

Cheers, much appreciated........................now, there's something else we need to discuss. :whistle

Crawling Bassa :lol: