Karma.........

HSS

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whilst shooting animals for pleasure is unforgiveable, he died hunting birds for his own personal consumption.

Unless you guys have become vegans overnight I'd say there was a fair bit of hypocrisy here.

His reason for killing these birds when eventually died is to some extent irrelevant . I think those who believe in Karma would say he "had it coming " (simplistic , but you get the drift) for his previous despicable actions.

I am not some tree hugging vegan hippy , just hate to see people shooting these beautiful , wild animals for sport and seeming to glory in it. 

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

His reason for killing these birds when eventually died is to some extent irrelevant . I think those who believe in Karma would say he "had it coming " (simplistic , but you get the drift) for his previous despicable actions.

I am not some tree hugging vegan hippy , just hate to see people shooting these beautiful , wild animals for sport and seeming to glory in it. 

I'd also add that for all he was hunting to eat he was out doing the hunting with his pals, just outside Turin, where there are plenty of shops, supermarkets etc...…...this wasn't "need to eat hunting" this was "thrill of the chase hunting"

Edited by WeeBud

Well...I said..a kind of rough justice.

In Oman in a place called Adam on the edge of the Empty Quarter I was interviewing the Manager of a Bank. He invited me to his home for a meal and by way of making this special said that he would call his wife to slaughter a goat. I politely declined.  Too close to the origin in the food train for me.

50 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'd also add that for all he was hunting to eat he was out doing the hunting with his pals, just outside Turin, where there are plenty of shops, supermarkets etc...…...this wasn't "need to eat hunting" this was "thrill of the chase hunting"

And how does using a supermarket help at all?

They still provide animals which have been killed for food.

And they usually overprovide as well.

Nothing wrong with having the balls to kill your own food.

Gloating about it online though......

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

In Oman in a place called Adam on the edge of the Empty Quarter I was interviewing the Manager of a Bank. He invited me to his home for a meal and by way of making this special said that he would call his wife to slaughter a goat. I politely declined.  Too close to the origin in the food train for me.

Seriously?

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously?

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously?

Absolutely serious. Stupid I know.

I couldn't hunt and eat or in this case eat an animal specifically chosen and killed for me to eat. Same in some of the restaurants in the far east with fish and fowl . Too close.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

And how does using a supermarket help at all?

They still provide animals which have been killed for food.

And they usually overprovide as well.

Nothing wrong with having the balls to kill your own food.

Gloating about it online though......

I agree that no one should be chastised for actually being honest enough to say, "If I'm going to eat it, I should be honest enough to hunt it".

Unfortunately he wasn't hunting a lion to fill his belly. It was to fill his avarice for hunting. This is the point many are making. It would have been more apt if a lion had chased him down and used him as food for their family though I'm sure he'd have preferred the speed of the fall.

15 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I was on a platform off Egypt for a visit.  Goats and sheep were sacrificed on the heli deck for special dinners. 

• 4 years later...