New Revenue Streams

melmac

Given the club are looking at bringing new money into the club and may be looking to filling in corners of the stadium, I wonder whether the club should speak with Glasgow Warriors to move their home games to SP?

As far as I'm aware, GW sell out their games (approximately 7500 at Scotstoun Stadium) and are looking to expand to accommodate more people. Seems like an opportunity to me, fill in the corners, let the ground to GW on game days, they get more peeps in the door, we get a rent.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Think they are looking for a bigger ground than ours which would mean back to Firhill or more likely Rugby Park where they have already played a few fixtures.  What the SPFL would say to this is another matter as rugby pitches usually have more grass than a fitba pitch.

You may well be right, would it be worthwhile the chairman picking up the phone and starting a conversation? Might not be a long conversation but at least the club would know an answer.

How about somebody designs a better version of my knock up ...... sell these to old and young......

another idea is to maybe see if we can reproduce the cup winning shirts of 1959,  1987 and 2013 and sell in a frame :) aye maybe numpty ideas but anything to get some revenue for the club.....................Awaiting your criticism :P

legends.jpg

12 hours ago, HSS said:

Scotstoun Stadium has a capacity of 9708 for rugby matches.They're hardly likely to move to a Stadium with a capacity 2000 less than they already have.

Mentioned on BBC at weekend that capacity is 7500 or so for operational reasons. Agreed, no merit in moving games for same capacity or a few more.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Probably about an extra 800 or so

Really not worth the money, which would be between 400k-700k, to build

I would have thought it would have been approx 10k with corners filled in (3 of which).

But just a guess based on Livi's ground. I seem to recall it being like ours before the corners built in. 

Livi's (just for size and aesthetic) is exactly what I would have hoped our stadium would have been. Uch well, can but dream and that.....

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There is as yet no cost effective, value added reason to increase our capacity. Indeed it would signal the beginning of the end for any board to proceed with a complete clusterf**k of a moneypit such as increasing capacity. 

Despite our present Utilisation Factor being one of the highest in the Premiership this depends largely on away supports rather than home crowd. I have to agree that  until we sell in the range of 5,000 season tickets or can reasonably expect to do so then this is not a priority. However, Building in such a way that we increase revenue by being able to increase the amount of space we can rent out and/or improve existing facilities usage might change my mind.

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Despite our present Utilisation Factor being one of the highest in the Premiership this depends largely on away supports rather than home crowd. I have to agree that  until we sell in the range of 5,000 season tickets or can reasonably expect to do so then this is not a priority. However, Building in such a way that we increase revenue by being able to increase the amount of space we can rent out and/or improve existing facilities usage might change my mind.

There is also no economic evidence that building facilities to rent out would justify the required investment.

the only way a venture such as this would provide a return on investment, is if you enter into the venture with a developer/client where you either sell or lease the land for development for the long term i.e. 100 years giving a guaranteed return.

to fund a development in the hope someone will rent it is complete folly. Look around at all the empty office, commercial, retail and industrial property in Paisley alone!

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There is also no economic evidence that building facilities to rent out would justify the required investment.

the only way a venture such as this would provide a return on investment, is if you enter into the venture with a developer/client where you either sell or lease the land for development for the long term i.e. 100 years giving a guaranteed return.

to fund a development in the hope someone will rent it is complete folly. Look around at all the empty office, commercial, retail and industrial property in Paisley alone!

LPM. This appears to be one of your jump in with tackety boots replies. No one is suggesting speculative development. Far from it. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM. This appears to be one of your jump in with tackety boots replies. No one is suggesting speculative development. Far from it. 

No, you are the one jumping in with takety boots reply, as that is indeed what you suggested. But don't worry, you're not alone, apparently the board have/ar considering this moneypit option too!

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

I would have thought it would have been approx 10k with corners filled in (3 of which).

But just a guess based on Livi's ground. I seem to recall it being like ours before the corners built in. 

Livi's (just for size and aesthetic) is exactly what I would have hoped our stadium would have been. Uch well, can but dream and that.....

We'd have to move or accommodate the floodlights and the two behind the goals stands are roughly the same size, howver the east and west stands are pretty different.  there wouldn't be a neat solution that would maximise the space.  I'm pretty sure each corner area could possibly hold an extra 200 seats each and we need to keep at least one corner open

As regards the proposal to look for concerts to fill the ground in the summer, there are many big concerts in the city at this time and the Hydro would house roughly 150% of what we could squeeze in to the SDA, leaving us with very few suitable events to bid for.

whoever approved the final designs of the stadium really closed out the prospect of making extra money from events

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

No, you are the one jumping in with takety boots reply, as that is indeed what you suggested. But don't worry, you're not alone, apparently the board have/ar considering this moneypit option too!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Did you actually read what I wrote? 

Essentially,  I said that I have reservations about this idea and promulgated a couple of triggers,  not at all unlike,  the approach you suggest. 

It makes sense to read what others write and in context before replying.