Homelessness Deaths

Isle Of Bute Saint

In Scotland figures show 2 die every week that's 104 homeless a year. England and Wales is 600 this year a figure of 704 deaths in one year for the UK mainland due to homeless souls. Is this acceptable heading into 2019 in one of the richest countries in the world. Or is it just a part of acceptable society like food banks have become where families and people can't afford to feed themselves. Billionaires grow each year. Sacked CEO's walk away with millions. Man U manager sacked walks away with 21 million.. Something is very wrong in our society but worse it seems to be acceptable. Thatcher must be proud ,

I'm ok Jack to he'll with everyone else. 

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In Scotland figures show 2 die every week that's 104 homeless a year. England and Wales is 600 this year a figure of 704 deaths in one year for the UK mainland due to homeless souls. Is this acceptable heading into 2019 in one of the richest countries in the world. Or is it just a part of acceptable society like food banks have become where families and people can't afford to feed themselves. Billionaires grow each year. Sacked CEO's walk away with millions. Man U manager sacked walks away with 21 million.. Something is very wrong in our society but worse it seems to be acceptable. Thatcher must be proud ,

These figures are shameful and would be in any country but to happen in one of the richest countries in the world beggars belief. 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

These figures are shameful and would be in any country but to happen in one of the richest countries in the world beggars belief. 

They are a total disgrace. Again it shows that this Gov doesnt give a flying fig about its people. To busy playing chess for Power

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

No doubt the Conservatives are heartless b'stards but we (the UK electorate) voted them in.

Did " we " ?

The same "we" that voted for Brexit

I dont think even the hardest Unionists of the UK electorate voted for people to die on our streets

PS Labour are heartless bastards to, just not as clever

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah we did knowing full well the Tories were heartless b'stards committed to cutting the welfare state - I'm pretty sure plenty folk will ignore this story or blame the homeless themselves taking a "some folk just can't be helped" attitude.

In this instance "we" is unjustified. I could not control what YOU or anyone else did. My vote didn't put the tories in power. They are there despite my vote.

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Spot on, it's f'n disgusting that this is happening in the 21st century. If anything society seems to be regressing. 

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

In this instance "we" is unjustified. I could not control what YOU or anyone else did. My vote didn't put the tories in power. They are there despite my vote.

Yeah exactly........................

Personally I do feel there should be far mote focus on this. I am all for Feeding the World, but we need to feed our citizens first if they really need it...... we have so many empty shops, it really doesnt take a lot to get indoor shelters that are properly maintained up and running

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I had already specified we as "the UK electorate".

Then it is NOT "we". It is in fact some of the people. (Can't be @rsed checking but I would hazard, not even 50% of the electorate)And you know the old saying about some of the people. You could say with justification that they were elected, even elected with a majority. I was, unfortunately, in amongst the minority  "we" who didn't vote them in.

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Then it is NOT "we". It is in fact some of the people. (Can't be @rsed checking but I would hazard, not even 50% of the electorate)And you know the old saying about some of the people. You could say with justification that they were elected, even elected with a majority. I was, unfortunately, in amongst the minority  "we" who didn't vote them in.

No man is an island - we voted them in.

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah we did knowing full well the Tories were heartless b'stards committed to cutting the welfare state - I'm pretty sure plenty folk will ignore this story or blame the homeless themselves taking a "some folk just can't be helped" attitude.

Where is oaksoft tonight?

Guest TPAFKATS
Personally I do feel there should be far mote focus on this. I am all for Feeding the World, but we need to feed our citizens first if they really need it...... we have so many empty shops, it really doesnt take a lot to get indoor shelters that are properly maintained up and running
There's enough wealth in this country to feed everyone. There's also a fair bit left over to support others further afield. The homeless guy who died at Westminster the other day, had a job working in a kitchen - he couldn't afford a house. That's a shocking indictment on our society.

However, creating a them and us approach distracts from who the target of our ire should be - the mega rich who get rich through the effort of others while shovelling money abroad into tax havens that are often UK Crown dependencies. These territories are then part of the funding through our oversees development dept.

14 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Empty shops. Churches, Halls lying empty. There are places that could be used. All that is lacking is the political will to make these into the shelters DJ suggests.

16 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Perhaps in some alternative reality, but in this one we voted them in.

It appears in your alternative reality "we" can only be used in one context.

I think it's perhaps the wrong person you accuse of living in one.

Unless you voted FOR the tories. Then you could use "we" correctly to describe yourself and those who voted likewise.

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It appears in your alternative reality "we" can only be used in one context.

I think it's perhaps the wrong person you accuse of living in one.

Unless you voted FOR the tories. Then you could use "we" correctly to describe yourself and those who voted likewise.

Fair play to you for coming on to the General Nonsense section of a Football Forum to state that you, personally, are not responsible for these deaths.

I'm sure the government that we elected are quaking at your radicalism,

Guest TPAFKATS
Empty shops. Churches, Halls lying empty. There are places that could be used. All that is lacking is the political will to make these into the shelters DJ suggests.
There's also plenty of empty houses and also land that the big 5 housing companies buy and bank without building on. Its in their interest to keep demand higher than supply as it keeps prices higher.

There's no real will in government to do much about the housing issues in the UK.

45 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fair play to you for coming on to the General Nonsense section of a Football Forum to state that you, personally, are not responsible for these deaths.

I'm sure the government that we elected are quaking at your radicalism,

You really are being silly now in a failed attempt to prove something that just isn't true. I had NOTHING to do with the tories winning. I cast my vote against them. As did more than 50% of the population. You may be partly responsible by either voting for them or not voting at all but don't try to absolve yourself by accusing EVERY other person who voted of being so.

No matter how many times you claim this it will not make it true.