January Exits

W6Saint

41 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Anton Ferdinand contract up in January apparently. I though he’d signed until end of season?!

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/17314572.anton-ferdinand-teddy-sheringham-helped-shape-my-career/

No, him, Hammill and Jackson's contracts all end in January.

What I'm reading from that is that he is happy to stay but if any other offers come in then he will consider them

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

No, him, Hammill and Jackson's contracts all end in January.

What I'm reading from that is that he is happy to stay but if any other offers come in then he will consider them

As mentioned Jackson signed an extension till end of the season. 

Ferdinand is also here until end of the season.

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2165-anton-ferdinand-signs-for-saints

1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

As mentioned Jackson signed an extension till end of the season. 

Ferdinand is also here until end of the season.

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2165-anton-ferdinand-signs-for-saints

Nothing like facts... beats gossip and rumours for truth every time...

On 12/21/2018 at 4:26 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Have to say if this is the start of an exodus of the youn talent we had on loan/signed then i worry for what we are left with at the end of January. Are Jones, Cooke and Edwards also being hounded out by the boo boys?

The three mentioned. Hounded tae f**k today...

One of them is hounded every day on here, another is constantly criticised, and the third deemed a "Stubbs" flop by the ill informed. At Fir Park yesterday the three of them showed exactly why we need them, and god knows how they manage to keep performing with the shit that is thrown at them from the hard of thinking?

they are St Mirren players, they aren't any managers players, one would hope that might start to sink into to some thick heads now, however having been here for fifty years now...  I wont hold my breath.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

One of them is hounded every day on here, another is constantly criticised, and the third deemed a "Stubbs" flop by the ill informed. At Fir Park yesterday the three of them showed exactly why we need them, and god knows how they manage to keep performing with the shit that is thrown at them from the hard of thinking?

they are St Mirren players, they aren't any managers players, one would hope that might start to sink into to some thick heads now, however having been here for fifty years now...  I wont hold my breath.

Your such a drama queen :lol:

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I wouldn’t say this forum is representative of the support. For all that 20 people hound them on here, it say way more are willing to support them.

At least, that’s what I hope! 

30 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Your such a drama queen :lol:

I'll take that as an admission of guilt.

7 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I wouldn’t say this forum is representative of the support. For all that 20 people hound them on here, it say way more are willing to support them.

At least, that’s what I hope! 

I know you are right, i was referring to "he's shite cause Stubbs signed him" brigade on here.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'll take that as an admission of guilt.

I know you are right, i was referring to "he's shite cause Stubbs signed him" brigade on here.

What constitutes a brigade. .... you mean the bad dads army on here. Geez.....  LPM the only point scoring required is v the Fakes who i hope thrash Sevco but get 4 sent off in the process today

6 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
32 minutes ago, FTOF said:
5 in 10 out.
The "out" to include Hammill and Ferdinand, unless circumstances change drastically. emoji20.png

Ferdinand to stay. I actually think he wants to stay.

Earlier poster confirmed that both Ferdinand and Jackson are signed till the end of the season. Hammill is not.

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Earlier poster confirmed that both Ferdinand and Jackson are signed till the end of the season. Hammill is not.

Not so sure about that. A lot of quotes from Ferdinand and OK stating otherwise.

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/17314572.anton-ferdinand-teddy-sheringham-helped-shape-my-career/

Edited by Prague Buddie

9 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Not so sure about that. A lot of quotes from Ferdinand and OK stating otherwise.

Thanks Prague. I was going by the post which showed the info from the website when Ferdinand signed.

Whilst I think Ferdinand and Hamill are both great players, I, m hoping we can use the wages they free up effectively, a decent left back must be high on our priorities and two fast wide players, and a big centre Forward   This would give us a bit of balance, and improve the current team. McGinn showing a bit of form, and Erahan, Magennis and McPherson all look like the ste capable of playing next to him in Central Misdfielf. 

6 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Whilst I think Ferdinand and Hamill are both great players, I, m hoping we can use the wages they free up effectively, a decent left back must be high on our priorities and two fast wide players, and a big centre Forward   This would give us a bit of balance, and improve the current team. McGinn showing a bit of form, and Erahan, Magennis and McPherson all look like the ste capable of playing next to him in Central Misdfielf. 

If Ferdinand is away we also need an experienced centre half to guide Jones and Baird, as well as a holding midfielder. It's no surprise that since Hodson assumed that role, McGinn was back to his best. 

I think OK needs to be harsh in this window, my worries being are that he doesn’t realise the level of change that we need and that fact that - on their day - we only have a handful of players good enough at this level. My thoughts below:

Lyness - lets give him the benefit of the doubt, but we do need another squad keeper, assuming Rogers leaves.

Hodson - not good enough.
Baird - not good enough.
Jones - ok, but only here on loan.
Ferdinand - good, but don’t think he’s set the heather alight.
P McGinn - pleasantly surprised, has limited ability but has done enough to warrant a place in the team.
Erharon - promising. Let’s persevere.
Eckersley / Mackenzie - both cracking players, presumably not rated by OK and maybe not good enough at this level.
Flynn - nowhere near good enough.
Edwards - not good enough.
McShane - not good enough.
S McGinn - legend. But I fear not good enough at this level.
Smith - again, I fear not effective enough at this level.
Hamill - very good, although aimless at times due to lack of quality around him.
Jackson - good (but is he going to stick around).
Kirkpatrick - not good enough.

So, barring Jones, Ferdinand and Hamill (whom I would suggest won’t be around next season) we only have perhaps 2-3 players who are up to scratch.

I think OK needs to be harsh in this window, my worries being are that he doesn’t realise the level of change that we need and that fact that - on their day - we only have a handful of players good enough at this level. My thoughts below:

Lyness - lets give him the benefit of the doubt, but we do need another squad keeper, assuming Rogers leaves.

Hodson - not good enough.
Baird - not good enough.
Jones - ok, but only here on loan.
Ferdinand - good, but don’t think he’s set the heather alight.
P McGinn - pleasantly surprised, has limited ability but has done enough to warrant a place in the team.
Erharon - promising. Let’s persevere.
Eckersley / Mackenzie - both cracking players, presumably not rated by OK and maybe not good enough at this level.
Flynn - nowhere near good enough.
Edwards - not good enough.
McShane - not good enough.
S McGinn - legend. But I fear not good enough at this level.
Smith - again, I fear not effective enough at this level.
Hamill - very good, although aimless at times due to lack of quality around him.
Jackson - good (but is he going to stick around).
Kirkpatrick - not good enough.

So, barring Jones, Ferdinand and Hamill (whom I would suggest won’t be around next season) we only have perhaps 2-3 players who are up to scratch.

A lot to be done with this squad and we all have opinions.

Lyness . So far so good, hasn’t done anything to suggest he isn’t worth a go. Keep.
Hodson . Decent , improving and well worth keeping .....in his right position.
Baird. Good and improved with the benefit of playing with Ferdy .Keep
Jones . If he’s here on loan till season end, keep . But tell him to stop bloody grabbing folk.
Ferdinand . Oozes quality above our level but a BMI above the level most of the west of Scotland . Keep ( if he’ll stay)
Eckersly. quality LB who may well do a good job for the second half of season.
McKenzie. Love the big man but methinks his career is finished [emoji853]
Paul McGinn . Decent RB and half decent mid. Keep.
Erhahon . No brainer , keep , improve and move to his natural midfield role.
Flynn , Edwards , McShane . Thanks . Bye.
S.McGinn . Still got something to give . Keep .
Smith . Is going to Ayr united.
Hamill . He’s off.
Jackson . Right player , wrong team. Needs to feed off a target man.
Kirkpatrick . BAWA footy will give you a game on a Monday if you want .

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

A lot to be done with this squad and we all have opinions.

Lyness . So far so good, hasn’t done anything to suggest he isn’t worth a go. Keep.
Hodson . Decent , improving and well worth keeping .....in his right position.
Baird. Good and improved with the benefit of playing with Ferdy .Keep
Jones . If he’s here on loan till season end, keep . But tell him to stop bloody grabbing folk.
Ferdinand . Oozes quality above our level but a BMI above the level most of the west of Scotland . Keep ( if he’ll stay)
Eckersly. quality LB who may well do a good job for the second half of season.
McKenzie. Love the big man but methinks his career is finished emoji853.png
Paul McGinn . Decent RB and half decent mid. Keep.
Erhahon . No brainer , keep , improve and move to his natural midfield role.
Flynn , Edwards , McShane . Thanks . Bye.
S.McGinn . Still got something to give . Keep .
Smith . Is going to Ayr united.
Hamill . He’s off.
Jackson . Right player , wrong team. Needs to feed off a target man.
Kirkpatrick . BAWA footy will give you a game on a Monday if you want .

Spot on with this.