January Exits

W6Saint

I keep on changing my mind about who should stay and who should go, but wouldn't be too upset if we were to be really ruthless.

If Edwards, Rogers, Ferdinand , Hammill, Hodgson were to go we could quite easily bring five or six in for starters, 

McShane, Smith, Flynn and Kirkpatrick could be moved out on loan, and would be quite good signings for championship teams. Would maybe allow us to get another couple in. 

Not to sure what to do with Eckersley, Heaton, McKenzie and King, but we might be able to do something that allows us to get another player in. 

So realistically if Hamill and Ferdinand go we are well enough resourced to bring a few decent players in. 

I would try and build a team round both NcGinns, Magennis and Jackson. 

Lyness, McPherson, Erahon, Baird, Mullin, Cooke and Jones in an ideal world would be on the bench. 

So that would mean 8 new players coming in. 

Let's hope the management team have been busy identifying decent players. 

We are a decent prospect for ambitious young players, and I feel a transfer window will allow us to get a decent bit of shape to the team. 

Edited by MenstrieSaint
Repeating

According to the PDE that's Kpekawa, King and Heaton told that they can leave.

OK states, " They are back down in England, and are working hard with their agents and hopefully we can get something sorted for them"*

*I'm afraid the Xmas miracle has been and gone!

OK to have further talks with Hammill and Lyness.

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

£75000 just spunked like that

You wonder how a manager can get it so wrong, when signing a player.

He must have used up all his signing luck at Hibs. :(

P.S. Am I allowed to refer to our previous manager? It would appear that he has been absolved of all blame for our current predicament by some.

26 minutes ago, FTOF said:

According to the PDE that's Kpekawa, King and Heaton told that they can leave.

OK states, " They are back down in England, and are working hard with their agents and hopefully we can get something sorted for them"*

*I'm afraid the Xmas miracle has been and gone!

OK to have further talks with Hammill and Lyness.

Link to article

Heaton will surely go down as the worst piece of incoming business ever done by the club. 

Added incoming as of course sacking Fergie and letting Paul Lambert go for heehaw are worse. 

At a guess, these three must have cost us upwards of about £200k all things considered

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, MenstrieSaint said:

In my dreams I was hoping they would go out to Clyde and Dumbarton on loan to the end of the season and come back superstars  , but it looks like that won't happen 

Aye, you always hope every player we sign turns out to be a success. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Heaton will surely go down as the worst piece of business ever done by the club. 

Definitely up there.

The two of them will definitely feature in the top five worst defenders in the last 30 years. Can only think of the diddy defenders signed at the end of the Hendrie era (Fellner & Dietrich?) as being worse centre backs. Probably more there, but we’ve always done not too bad in that position.

5 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Definitely up there.

The two of them will definitely feature in the top five worst defenders in the last 30 years. Can only think of the diddy defenders signed at the end of the Hendrie era (Fellner & Dietrich?) as being worse centre backs. Probably more there, but we’ve always done not too bad in that position.

I can't even comment on his ability that extensively. I saw him once, he was poor but everyone has a poor game. 

He's obviously not up to it though either in terms of ability, application or both. 

The fact that we've shelled out, all in all, over 100k for what we got in return is what makes it such terrible business. 

Edited by djchapsticks

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Heaton will surely go down as the worst piece of incoming business ever done by the club. 

Added incoming as of course sacking Fergie and letting Paul Lambert go for heehaw are worse. 

At a guess, these three must have cost us upwards of about £200k all things considered

If I remember right, the deal for Lambert was 250,000 plus Jim Gardner(worst player I ever seen in a Saints shirt) . Could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Not even close, Manley 300,000- Wishart 250,000 Stickroth 400,000 Christ knows what Archibald cost in wages.  In todays money that would be over 2 million all signed by the same guy who recruited stubbs  

Edited by Iamhammer
To Add also a main reason we sold Love Street