January Exits

W6Saint

More

Adam Hammill to @SUFCOfficial is now just subject to receiving the international clearance for him to complete the move (18 month deal) as he’s just completed a short-term deal in Scotland with St Mirren. #uti #Iron

2 replies .21 retweets36 likes

Retweet

Liked

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Pity. But..More money and closer to home I guess.

Good luck to him - our season would have been much more precarious without him.

He would have been on decent money with us too - so that is freed up for someone else, perhaps someone at least as valuable to our cause...?

More

Adam Hammill to @SUFCOfficial is now just subject to receiving the international clearance for him to complete the move (18 month deal) as he’s just completed a short-term deal in Scotland with St Mirren. #uti #Iron

2 replies .21 retweets36 likes Reply  2   Retweet  21     Liked  36  

Inevitable that we weren’t going to hold onto him, but still disappointed to see him go. He’s made quite an impact in the few games he played for us. Good luck to him and we should be grateful for him lighting up a mostly dark season so far.

22 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

More

2 replies .21 retweets36 likes

Retweet

Liked

Very sad to see him go, but it was never going to be any different I suppose.

Definitely free's up some cash though.

Use his and Mcshane's wages to get one decent midfielder in now.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3690209/rangers-charlie-adam-hearts-stoke-city-transfers-signings/

"Adam had a successful loan spell at St Mirren early in his career and the struggling Buddies are also interested in snapping him up"

I know it is The Sun, but we are mentioned. Who knows!

No surprise with Hammill. Good luck to him, did a turn for us with some vital goals and assists. That goal against Hibs is the best Saints goal I’ve ever seen.

Obviously too good to be playing for us, should do a turn down south for Scunthorpe.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3690209/rangers-charlie-adam-hearts-stoke-city-transfers-signings/

"Adam had a successful loan spell at St Mirren early in his career and the struggling Buddies are also interested in snapping him up"

I know it is The Sun, but we are mentioned. Who knows!

NOT going to happen. Unless no one else wants him. Plus we couldn't pay what he would want.

26 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

NOT going to happen. Unless no one else wants him. Plus we couldn't pay what he would want.

He says money is not the most important factor for him. If Hearts and Rangers don't come in for him, and I have heard that they don't plan to, and he wants to be back in Scotland, preferably in the Glasgow area, then there is a chance -the primary question is "do we want him and would he sign for us?"

I don't think Aberdeen or Dee will go for him, so Well the only other who might have some money from the Bowman transfer and possibly others.

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He says money is not the most important factor for him. If Hearts and Rangers don't come in for him, and I have heard that they don't plan to, and he wants to be back in Scotland, preferably in the Glasgow area, then there is a chance -the primary question is "do we want him and would he sign for us?"

I don't think Aberdeen or Dee will go for him, so Well the only other who might have some money from the Bowman transfer and possibly others.

It would be a great signing, but can't see it.

The most important thing is, if we don't sign him, neither do our rivals. Let's just hope McIntyre's obsession with his previous players continues, as if he is in a remake of the Blues Brothers.

Adam is a Dundee boy, so he could possibly end up there if Sevco and Jambos don’t fancy him.

10 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Adam is a Dundee boy, so he could possibly end up there if Sevco and Jambos don’t fancy him.

I think that their budget is very tight - if they are paying money for Curran and wages for 3 - 5 others to come in  I doubt they will manage it without serious losses

What will he play in Scotland for £2000 - £4000 a week?

12 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Pretty sure Oran said he wanted a midfield four “with legs”.

Adam has legs, unfortunately they are attached a chunky arse. 

Can’t see it happening. 

I agree that he won't be the most mobile - but he is good with a dead ball and pitches in with goals - he does not shirk out of tackles either