January Exits

W6Saint

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

McKay has been relegated with Wigan, Dundee United, ICT and Ross County :lol:

Sounds like a bit of a Jonah to me.

But he is currently at Ross County who are top of the Championship at the moment and he's scored 14 or 15 goals this season in 23 games

If we're looking at players from Ross County then Josh Mullin would be top of my list. Other than Alan Stubbs and his shocking recruitment policy, i've no idea why we never picked him up from Livi in the summer for nothing. Fantastic player that chips in with a fair share of goals and assists and will add much needed width to our team.

7 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

If we're looking at players from Ross County then Josh Mullin would be top of my list. Other than Alan Stubbs and his shocking recruitment policy, i've no idea why we never picked him up from Livi in the summer for nothing. Fantastic player that chips in with a fair share of goals and assists and will add much needed width to our team.

I liked him too.  As Shull pointed out on another thread Morton v Ross County match is on BBC Alba tonight. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Your are behind - Kellerman is back and also away are Samson, Kirkpatrick, and McShane.

Suspect we will retain Hodson but maybes not

Was fully aware that Samson, Kirkpatrick and McShane were away. Hadn't clocked that Flyde had ended Kellerman's loan. My post came a day after McShane had left. My post was about our summer signings which is why I didn't mention Samson, Kirkpatrick and McShane. It looks like Kearney rates Alfie Jones, Cody Cooke as a squad player and Hodson and possibly Edwards and doesn't rate the other 7 Stubbs summer signings at all.

It didn't think it would be a hardship to find a Championship club keen to take a chance on Kirkpatrick. I also think that if Eckersley and MacKenzie are fit before the window closes it isn't hard to imagine clubs like Ross County, Ayr United, Inverness, Morton, Partick Thistle and Falkirk taking a look at the pair of them and the players moving on on similar money to what we are paying them.

The real trick in this window will be offloading Josh Heaton, Jeff King, Cole Kpekawa on their 2 and 3 year deals while they can't get a game in the reserve team and are training with the academy players. Given they were Stubbs first group of signings and signed once we were in the premiership I would guess they are on decent wages and better paid than the likes of McShane and Kirkpatrick who have been successfully moved on.

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Was fully aware that Samson, Kirkpatrick and McShane were away. Hadn't clocked that Flyde had ended Kellerman's loan. My post came a day after McShane had left. My post was about our summer signings which is why I didn't mention Samson, Kirkpatrick and McShane. It looks like Kearney rates Alfie Jones, Cody Cooke as a squad player and Hodson and possibly Edwards and doesn't rate the other 7 Stubbs summer signings at all.

It didn't think it would be a hardship to find a Championship club keen to take a chance on Kirkpatrick. I also think that if Eckersley and MacKenzie are fit before the window closes it isn't hard to imagine clubs like Ross County, Ayr United, Inverness, Morton, Partick Thistle and Falkirk taking a look at the pair of them and the players moving on on similar money to what we are paying them.

The real trick in this window will be offloading Josh Heaton, Jeff King, Cole Kpekawa on their 2 and 3 year deals while they can't get a game in the reserve team and are training with the academy players. Given they were Stubbs first group of signings and signed once we were in the premiership I would guess they are on decent wages and better paid than the likes of McShane and Kirkpatrick who have been successfully moved on.

Fair do's - I think McShane was on decent money.  It looks like Heaton is going to Kidderminster on loan, so some of his wages will be covered there.