January Exits

W6Saint

23 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

:lol:

Why don't we try and pip Rangers to Defoe while we're at it.

Defoe's wages will be substantially more than the other 2 I mentioned combined  - are you saying that these 2 are way beyond us too? I think fans would have thought that about Hammill and Ferdinand's wages before they signed for us.

I don't think we will ever be able to compete financially with the ugly sisters - the Edinburgh clubs might be out of our reach too, but not if they are already in deep financially and cannot free up enough space in their squad or if their priorities differ enough that we could have a real chance..

You think we should not try?  :boxing

With the exemption of  Kpekawa and King whos agents are trying to find both clubs, this has been a very successful window already imo with it only being 4th January. We needed to cut down the squad, and give OK the chance to bring in a few. The departed players are with all due respect were surplus to requirements and i wish them well, though its all about bringing in quality replacements, which i trust Gus and the board have been working on.

I expect the club will be announcing one or two new signings early next week in time to prepare for our return from the break.