January Exits

W6Saint

20 minutes ago, mattman said:

Quick edit there.

really started to get the feeling this lad is a tosser.

Edit - posted the screenshots wrong way. 

2C22947D-D6B8-41A5-974C-E9838DE889F8.jpeg

350FB3BF-BBD2-44BE-A803-58E5C98CA337.png

Hard to criticise the lad. He's young and feels let down. I'm sure most of us have felt hard done to at times.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

It's maybe a mini GIRUY but as you say he is young and bound to be disappointed at the way things have turned out.

Just find it daft, he made a few comments here and there the past few weeks. He’s got another 2 years and on decent money, he should be getting his head down and proving his worth not acting like a child. He’s young but not a daft wee teenager. 

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He has not helped himself , coming across as a bitter little ( big ) individual

Ach. He's a young guy who thought he had won a watch coming to us only to be dissapointed. In the cold light of day he has a lengthy contract in an uncertain business.  Once he grasps that he might change.

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Defoe's wages will be substantially more than the other 2 I mentioned combined  - are you saying that these 2 are way beyond us too? I think fans would have thought that about Hammill and Ferdinand's wages before they signed for us.

I don't think we will ever be able to compete financially with the ugly sisters - the Edinburgh clubs might be out of our reach too, but not if they are already in deep financially and cannot free up enough space in their squad or if their priorities differ enough that we could have a real chance..

You think we should not try?  :boxing

There is quite obviously no hope in hell Ryan Gauld would be loaned to St.Mirren.

Absolute dreamland stuff.

Ach. He's a young guy who thought he had won a watch coming to us only to be dissapointed. In the cold light of day he has a lengthy contract in an uncertain business.  Once he grasps that he might change.
No, he comes across as someone who thinks he is Billy big baws, clearly isn't as talented as he thinks he is, and if he rots away in the 6th tier of English football he deserves it, cheeky scamp!

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Certainly makes it look like he knows Alfie Jones is leaving as well.

Said a few weeks back if Alfie reckons Anton is offski he might think it better to ask his club to call him back and either have a crack there or get loaned out beside someone he can learn off. Its a short career, and we seem to be slashing budget like theres no tomorrow.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Said a few weeks back if Alfie reckons Anton is offski he might think it better to ask his club to call him back and either have a crack there or get loaned out beside someone he can learn off. Its a short career, and we seem to be slashing budget like theres no tomorrow.

Once again, this is your skewed perception that we are 'slashing budget like there's no tomorrow' . 

You and I don't have the faintest what our budget previously was and now is, or if its even any different. You are simply speculating that it's being slashed as much as I can speculate that it is the same and we are reusing the budget to sign fewer players but of higher quality (Ferdinand and Hammill aside) 

14 minutes ago, jackbud said:

Bridges well burned with Heaton going by that interview. Referring to that particular club who is his parent club (and is contracted to for another 30 months) says it all about him. Hope he enjoys his 18 hours of Xbox and waffles going by his earlier twitter post

If he turns that anger into proving us wrong then I would be delighted.  If he doesn't then there is only one loser. 

I think if Alfie was to leave, must be a sign that we have a replacement lined up.

Let's not forget, he hadnt played first team football before arriving here, so he is still learning. We are in a relegation fight and he holds a key area on the field playing just in front of the goalie. He has only started to come on to a game though he still has some traits that show his lack of experience.

There is a possibility OK wants a more experienced head in his centre half pairing?

7 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Just had a peek a whatshisname's new club's message board.

Quality.:lol:

Kidderminster Who?-rriers

I know the SPL isn’t great but it’s a cut above National North/South :lol: not like Cody Cooke has come in and smashed in 20 goals either. If it was a better league I don’t think we’d have been buying what was supposedly one of Darlington’s best players.

3 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think if Alfie was to leave, must be a sign that we have a replacement lined up.

Let's not forget, he hadnt played first team football before arriving here, so he is still learning. We are in a relegation fight and he holds a key area on the field playing just in front of the goalie. He has only started to come on to a game though he still has some traits that show his lack of experience.

There is a possibility OK wants a more experienced head in his centre half pairing?

I’m thinking this too, mainly because if we let him go we are left with Baird and Mack (with Ferdinand still not contracted and Kpekawa told he can go). Surely there must be something lined up. Definitely reading into it that Jones could be off.