January Exits

W6Saint

9 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think if Alfie was to leave, must be a sign that we have a replacement lined up.

Let's not forget, he hadnt played first team football before arriving here, so he is still learning. We are in a relegation fight and he holds a key area on the field playing just in front of the goalie. He has only started to come on to a game though he still has some traits that show his lack of experience.

There is a possibility OK wants a more experienced head in his centre half pairing?

If Jones does go, on the basis that Ferdinand and Kpekawa are also away and Mac isn't fit until February, you'd need to think we're looking at two centre halves considering we're moving four on. 

Would leave us with Baird and Mac, so definitely two required. 

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Need to start seeing a few players coming in next week. We certainly have managed to get a few out, which isn't as easy as it sounds. Let's see what Jimmy, Gus, Oran and Brian's contacts are like, Thinking 8 players in might be possible. 

Can't see 8 Oran has said 4 maybe 5 only wants a squad of 22. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't see 8 Oran has said 4 maybe 5 only wants a squad of 22. 

We seem to be off loading players at some rate, and my feeling is we might go for four or five experienced players and expect them to slot in and make the team more solid and harder to beat, and maybe take a chance with three or four young loan players in the hope that one of them can provide something special. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Seems our Josh is both a wee bit bitter and  intent on burning bridges with 'that particular club'. 

Someone needs to have a word in his ear and remind him he's still our player for the next two years. 

Don't think we want to emphasise that. If he doesn't want to be with us and wants out then great! The sooner we can get him off the books the better and I'm sure the club are trying their best to do that.

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not reading too much into Josh Heaton want the big man to kick on come back here and be a success.  

Both Josh and Cody Cooke were based on their ability of playing at National region league football. That is where Josh has ended up back at.

If we have someone within our backroom staff assessing him from now till end of the season, I am sure there will be a fair judgement on him. Could end up being a key player for Kidderminster as they chase promotion, comes back a refresher player full of confidence.

11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not reading too much into Josh Heaton want the big man to kick on come back here and be a success.  

No matter what league we are in it is difficult to imagine him returning ready to step into the team after playing at that level for another half season. 

On the plus side if we can manage to get someone to take him off our hands then we should be ok to off load the others too. 

43 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Both Josh and Cody Cooke were based on their ability of playing at National region league football. That is where Josh has ended up back at.

If we have someone within our backroom staff assessing him from now till end of the season, I am sure there will be a fair judgement on him. Could end up being a key player for Kidderminster as they chase promotion, comes back a refresher player full of confidence.

I don't think confidence is his problem - ability is the problem.

I am sure it will. Be easy to assess if we are spending significantly less going by the number of players moved out, versus those moved in. And the quality, and background any new/loan signing comes from.

for example if ten go out including Hammil & Ferdinand, but only four come in, none of whom have the obvious quality and background of those two, then its reasonable to assume the budget has been slashed. If we bring in four big hitters like those two, then it's reasonable to assume the budget has Been trimmed.

all the costs associated with hiring, then firing Stubbs and his team, paying compo for Oran and Rice, also Heaton wasted transfer fee, and the unplanned big cash splash to bring Hammil, Ferdinand and Jackson in has to be balanced somehow!

do you think we have a magic money tree? There will be less than half coming in, than going out the board, the manager and now even Div are "on message" to manage those expectations. It is a harsh reality, the board have wasted a fortune in unthought through panic since Ross left, and now they have to try to balance the books.

dont be surprised if an offer for Magennis is made and accepted at the last minute this month.

so far Samson, Coulson, Cooke, Willock, Kirkpatrick, Heaton, McShane, Hammil and Brock-Madsen have gone off the wage bill, with more to follow, but as yet none in!

Edited by Lord Pityme

On 1/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, Magic Monkey said:

Certainly wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened - did you read about Oxlade-Chamberlain's mental contract at Arsenal?

image.png.d6a5a2b1bf6264742e2f8756f73e7e3b.png

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-oxlade-chamberlains-bizarre-contract-13783498

Darlo might have been due a payment when he made his first league appearance. Given that the League Cup groups were glorified friendlies, there is likely to have been an exemption for those. It all makes a lot of sense.

Well, these days, anyone going on as a sub on the 71st or 72nd, or even 73rd minute would play for 20 minutes.

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I am sure it will. Be easy to assess if we are spending significantly less going by the number of players moved out, versus those moved in. And the quality, and background any new/loan signing comes from.

for example if ten go out including Hammil & Ferdinand, but only four come in, none of whom have the obvious quality and background of those two, then its reasonable to assume the budget has been slashed. If we bring in four big hitters like those two, then it's reasonable to assume the budget has Been trimmed.

all the costs associated with hiring, then firing Stubbs and his team, paying compo for Oran and Rice, also Heaton wasted transfer fee, and the unplanned big cash splash to bring Hammil, Ferdinand and Jackson in has to be balanced somehow!

do you think we have a magic money tree? There will be less than half coming in, than going out the board, the manager and now even Div are "on message" to manage those expectations. It is a harsh reality, the board have wasted a fortune in unthought through panic since Ross left, and now they have to try to balance the books.

dont be surprised if an offer for Magennis is made and accepted at the last minute this month.

so far Samson, Coulson, Cooke, Willock, Kirkpatrick, Heaton, McShane, Hammil and Brock-Madsen have gone off the wage bill, with more to follow, but as yet none in!

You are having a mare M8.

1. Your assumptions are making an ASS out of U and not ME. The budget is the budget - it is not suddenly going to be slashed or trimmed and there are loads of ways to balance a budget. 

2. you ASSUME that 4 guys on a wage like Hammill was purported to be on, say £3000 - 3500 a week will mean trimming the budget. The wage bill currently has fallen very healthily with 8 players out - not the 9 you have listed - Cooke is still here. As well as saving Hammill's wages, Samson, and McShane would certainly have been on decent Premiership money and the majority of rest of them would not have been on below average wages for this league.

3. Are you guessing that we over-spent in the first half of the season and now need to run the second half on much less money? If so you are presuming our BOD are bad managers, and presumably you think this because they brought in Stubbs and his team? Pay-offs would be made from contingency funds. Other that that mistake, they have done pretty decent - promotion, fast acting to change the situation when they realised Stubbs was not what he presented at the interview, a new team who have kept us in with a chance of survival, and who are off-loading those who offer us little going forward etc. etc.

4. Not many teams sign players while they are clearly injured - Magennis is good but no use while unfit. He has not played that much this season - don't you think people would want to know that he is over his injury problems and fit before they took a risk?

5. The only way to know finance details would be to see how much we are spending is to have all the data - I don't and I know that you don't either - so unless you are expecting someone who actually knows to make this available, which seems highly unlikely, then your suppositions are meaningless.

The None in so far is absolutely fine. Hamilton (2 players out  - and no rumours of any targets), Motherwell (2 away and possibly signing McCormack IF he proves his fitness) and Dundee (7 away, and targeting Fraser from the division below) are not particularly worrying for me. It is not how quick signings are made that matters, it is getting the right ones - if that takes time, we have 3 weeks... They will be announced when the details are finalised. For now we wait in anticipation.

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The None in so far is absolutely fine. Hamilton (2 players out  - and no rumours of any targets), Motherwell (2 away and possibly signing McCormack IF he proves his fitness) and Dundee (7 away, and targeting Fraser from the division below) are not particularly worrying for me. It is not how quick signings are made that matters, it is getting the right ones - if that takes time, we have 3 weeks... They will be announced when the details are finalised. For now we wait in anticipation.

McCormack has literally just been announced as signed on loan.

I’m not overly concerned, I haven’t considered Motherwell a part of this battle for a while.

We also made money on the transfer of Ross Stewart, so surely that would have subsidised some of the Heaton transfer if not, what we have paid of it so far.

Stubbs most likely could have brought in one or two more, though the board seen trusting him with anymore of a budget was a major risk when he couldn't even identify a striker, a creative midfielder or winger.