January Exits

W6Saint

I said it a few days ago the BOD are doing really well so far on the offloading front. I fully expect some incomings this week. This is what we all wanted, the BOD, coaching staff and supporters so i'm quite happy to wait and see what happens.  Cammy Smith was good last season but if he's not playing and unhappy there's only one sensible solution. If he goes now to Utd we should get a fee, if he signs a PCA that doesn't really suit anyone, player included.

15 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I said it a few days ago the BOD are doing really well so far on the offloading front. I fully expect some incomings this week. This is what we all wanted, the BOD, coaching staff and supporters so i'm quite happy to wait and see what happens.  Cammy Smith was good last season but if he's not playing and unhappy there's only one sensible solution. If he goes now to Utd we should get a fee, if he signs a PCA that doesn't really suit anyone, player included.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

I’d like to see Smith go out on loan.

That way if we get relegated we can try get him back, because he’s an excellent championship player.

Sadly he’s not good enough to play in the Premiership.

In an ideal situation we'd hedge our bets but let's be honest, that won't happen.

He's out of contract and will almost certainly leave at the end of the season regardless of the division we end up in. If we can get money just now as well as him off the wage bill, it's best for all parties involved, really.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd say Smith isn't right up there on the list of players we really NEED to get rid of as a priority.

I'd say if he was up in Dundee yesterday for a medical then we've initially accepted him leaving... however, we've changed the goalposts at the last second which makes me believe that someone else may have made a better offer leading us to change what is required from Utd for the deal to go through.

I'd say sit tight til early next week and let's wait and see but of course you won't, you'll spend the next few hours berating everything to do with the board and those who run the club before seeing any facts, as is your whim to do.

If we get both a fee for him and off the wage bill, I expect you to come on and sing the board's praises for a good bit of business done, given that you're the first to stick the boot in whenever they do poor business.

Oh wait....no I f**king don't! You'll still find a criticism somewhere. :lol: 

Loving your optmism, and infatuation!

i talk about the club, players, fans games, wheras you talk about me. Think about that for a minute, is it healthy?

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In an ideal situation we'd hedge our bets but let's be honest, that won't happen.

He's out of contract and will almost certainly leave at the end of the season regardless of the division we end up in. If we can get money just now as well as him off the wage bill, it's best for all parties involved, really.

Makes sense.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Loving your optmism, and infatuation!

i talk about the club, players, fans games, wheras you talk about me. Think about that for a minute, is it healthy?

:lol: 

So by responding directly to a post you made about St. Mirren with my own opinion about St. Mirren and mentioning your repeated behaviour with regards to St. Mirren, I'm talking about you? I think you'll find I'm talking TO you and not ABOUT you.

What an absolute narcissist comment to make, though.

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol: 

So by responding directly to a post you made about St. Mirren with my own opinion about St. Mirren and mentioning your repeated behaviour with regards to St. Mirren, I'm talking about you? I think you'll find I'm talking TO you and not ABOUT you.

What an absolute narcissist comment to make, though.

Still doing it bud. I'm flattered.

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

More than that Cammy has been a smashing player for us.Stubbs just destroyed his confidence in a short period.For those he say he can’t play in the top league well he managed to play almost eighty times in the Premier for the Dons.Will be very sorry to see him go if that is the case.

yeah 76 games for Aberdeen - A striker who managed a whopping 3 goals for them during that period. Last year seems to be an anomaly on his strike rate throughout his career...

When Stubbs left - that was his opportunity for a fresh start - destroyed confidence really? He lacks ability at this level and when he has been given the chance, he offers too little - that is why he will be off..

Apparently (on wiki) he has played 24 games this season and managed only 2 goals in the League cup against lower opposition..

The money freed up will be far better spent on a replacement...

You will soon get over him.

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

I’d like to see Smith go out on loan.

That way if we get relegated we can try get him back, because he’s an excellent championship player.

Sadly he’s not good enough to play in the Premiership.

Not a daft idea. Oran has faith so now it's a good idea :P

8 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Absolutely right we should not be letting him go for nothing. For a team like the Arabs, he could be the player that gets them over the line in that league. 

If they want that sort of quality, then it'll cost them. Not a huge sum, maybe 40/50k, but they're six points adrift with a much worse goal difference. I'd be asking them how much they want to get promoted. If they're serious, they'll pay up for Cammy.

... and one possibly scenario for the play offs in a play off final with St Mirren v Dundee United. Loan deal which expires at the end of the Championship's 36th game.

6 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I take it you don't like the board?

I don't remember Tony thinking the previous board were all that good, or 10,000 Hours or REA being worth trusting,  and now the current board as well are just not as smart as him!

(It's a shame he doesn't make himself available to run the club or serve on the board given the wealth of his brilliant thinking).

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

More than that Cammy has been a smashing player for us.Stubbs just destroyed his confidence in a short period.For those he say he can’t play in the top league well he managed to play almost eighty times in the Premier for the Dons.Will be very sorry to see him go if that is the case.

I really appreciate the contribution that Cammy made during last season.  He was outstanding. Sadly, it doesn't follow automatically that he would be able to make a similar impact in the league above.  Also.. It's not just about him but how a manager wants to play and the type (and physicality) of the team. I would like to keep him but he wouldn't be a first pick so maybe for both his benefit and the team he should be moved on now.  However,  replacing him with a bigger/faster player of a similar or better talent won't be a given.  That's football,  I guess. 

If the rumours that Smith and Jones are both likely to be away, we're going to need a lot more players in than initially thought. I reckon goalie, left back, two centre halves (three if Ferdinand also goes), defensive midfield, attacking midfield, a winger or two and at least one striker. Thats at least eight players. Didnt think the changes would be quite so drastic.