January Exits

W6Saint

23 minutes ago, farmer john said:

have we not signed anyone yet?
It all puts me in mind of the old Saint and Greavsie joke about how a manager of their day accidentally signed Ernie Hunt.

I am not a doom and gloom pessimist but it is really hard to see how this is going to end well....this season at least.

Plenty of time. I think this week will see a few arrivals, with more coming in before the Alloa game. 

12 minutes ago, Mykey said:

That Messi is past his best.

I have an inclination that we have a repeat of the blank paper being waved around claiming signing targets. The club say they have been searching the globe for talent. I suspect they meant the snow globe. 

44 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I have an inclination that we have a repeat of the blank paper being waved around claiming signing targets. The club say they have been searching the globe for talent. I suspect they meant the snow globe. 

No, this one..................
Globe Cinema
On Gus's advice.   

Today is a big day as for GM as DoF , if we don't make an announcement then it'll be clear we're in the "sloppy seconds" market - there's not necessarily anything wrong with that given our income relative to most of the other clubs in this division and the quality we need to attract but if we're relying on getting lucky you have to wonder if the new setup is an improvement on the old one. 

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see any signings for a couple of weeks, most "free" players will be moving around that time, which is our marke

A couple of weeks is after the Alloa game and two day's before the Celtic game, I would suggest if you are corect then we are in deep shit.  I would think also, that we had missed all our scouted targets.

5 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

A couple of weeks is after the Alloa game and two day's before the Celtic game, I would suggest if you are corect then we are in deep shit.  I would think also, that we had missed all our scouted targets.

All in one week. :(

4 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

No chance, signings will arrive this week and next. Failing that the week after, or just following.

You heard it here first!

actually pickiñg two whole weeks in the middle of a four week window, where the club and manager have indicated. At least three positions they want to recruit for is stretching even your ITK claims to the limit. Maybe you should have added as I FIFY above, just to do a belt and braces job.

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Let's hope so :lol:

The player that we were about to announce has apparently fell through so would be good to get someone in this week, getting the fear already. :mellow:

Yep, we are a week into the window now and with a ton of players away we should be very worried that we apear to be struggling to get anyone of any quality to sign so far. We need people in ASAP to get them gelled and up to speed before we restart. I'm also wondering whether the hold up with Cammy Smith is because we have realised we might not be able to get anyone better.

Bit early for panicking but I'm getting the same feeling as I did in the summer when Stubbs was also struggling to get people in. Some good news today would help calm things down a bit.

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Let's hope so :lol:

The player that we were about to announce has apparently fell through so would be good to get someone in this week, getting the fear already. :mellow:

What....?

did the Czech bounce...?

to add, Dundee have just added Arabs striker Curran, and are about to announce (apparently) lad from Ross County. Happy days.

Edited by Lord Pityme

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yep, we are a week into the window now and with a ton of players away we should be very worried that we apear to be struggling to get anyone of any quality to sign so far. We need people in ASAP to get them gelled and up to speed before we restart. I'm also wondering whether the hold up with Cammy Smith is because we have realised we might not be able to get anyone better.

Bit early for panicking but I'm getting the same feeling as I did in the summer when Stubbs was also struggling to get people in. Some good news today would help calm things down a bit.

Really disappointed with this post - it's never to early to PANIC!

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Really disappointed with this post - it's never to early to PANIC!

Why are you disappointed

We are supposed to have been working on targets since Gus came in , I actually thought we would have had at least 2 in considering who has left/leaving....

I know we need the right people not just a bus load of  whoevers, but again this smacks of our lack of planning coming back to haunt us................

Please prove me wrong ?

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a tough sell to convince a player to join your club during a relegation battle. No one wants that on their CV. "John Smith? he's shite, got relegated with St Mirren"

Like you say, getting one or two in within the next few days might convince a few others that Paisley is a good place to play, all about getting that momentum during the window.

I'm quite sure Falkirk is looking a more inviting club for players after a few good signings and a good win at the weekend. Not as simple as just offering a contract and the player accepts it, players follow trends, just like supporters.

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

It's a tough sell to convince a player to join your club during a relegation battle. No one wants that on their CV. "John Smith? he's shite, got relegated with St Mirren"

Like you say, getting one or two in within the next few days might convince a few others that Paisley is a good place to play, all about getting that momentum during the window.

I'm quite sure Falkirk is looking a more inviting club for players after a few good signings and a good win at the weekend. Not as simple as just offering a contract and the player accepts it, players follow trends, just like supporters.

Are you saying players would rather sign for Falkirk than us?

11 hours ago, Big Yards said:

I’ve seen pre Seasons with less changes. This is mid season! But definitely needed. A good signing announcement would help morale, at the minute we’ve got no team

As things stand right at this moment there's only one player who started our last game at Rugby Park who is definitely not going to be here for the second half of the season :P

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

A lot of sodden knickers on here today

Maybe you wear a nappy then ?

This has got to be the most predictable response on here:snore

Let us debate this....................  Join in and be constructive (for once)

Are you one of these, "It will be ok in the morning twats ? "

We are in deep shit , we have won 3 games and we have a very unsettled squad..................

17 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Anthony Ralston was one of the players but it has been announced he's staying put

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Exactly ...........................

Just makes us look like fannies ( again)

is he not a right back? I though that was the one position we were fine with

Edited by Iamhammer