January Exits

W6Saint

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't know about anyone else I'm worried. Gus was brought in to help fix deals. Club officials have travelled the leanth of the country and further as been reported.   One player has already failed ,  the club fully expected him to sign on Friday. 

Ian, it's the 7th Jan mate. There is likely to be a lot happening behind the scenes. Plenty of time yet. Also, it's just the end of the Xmas period with people going back to work. Only time will tell but I wouldn't despair yet. 

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

Ian, it's the 7th Jan mate. There is likely to be a lot happening behind the scenes. Plenty of time yet. Also, it's just the end of the Xmas period with people going back to work. Only time will tell but I wouldn't despair yet. 

Need a reality check , aye me just concerned my fingers are crossed . 

7 minutes ago, mattman said:

He’s from London.

I’d like to think our management team will have something lined up if they are letting Alfie go, would be insane if they never. 

Some amount of paranoia on here today.

relax, it’s only the 7th.

Wouldnae be St Mirren without a meltdown  :lol:

I thought Alfie showed promise, but he also showed his inexperience at times, and when he did it frequently led to goals (penalty v Aberdeen for example). If we can get a more experienced central defender in then I'm fine with this. If it's going to be Baird and Paisley Panda forming a new partnership for the Alloa game, I'm not. 

Edited by Hendo

Certainly not worried yet on the signing front.

I am puzzled however why Jones has went back to Southampton. If he was recalled then that’s fine I’m sure Southampton had that option.

Also I read that we made an approach for the young lad Ralston. Again strange that we are going for right back when that is probably the only position in our squad we have decent options.

Aw come oot in the wash am sure.

6 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

At least OK's demands for a smaller squad to work with are being fulfilled :lol:

What buds need to be concerned about is that Alfie was on a season long loan deal, and it appears just as Celtic wouldnt send Morgan here now as they would see it as detrimental to his development, it also appears Southampton feel the same and have recalled Alfie.

with big Anton about to secure a move back south we will be, unless Oran can recruit well and quickly the most threadbare defence in this league. 

Still on the bright side it probably means we will have to recruit four or five now. Lol.

Edit: it also kicks Div's "only one of the last starting eleven" to leave post oot the water. And another of our gosl sorers gone!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Guest TPAFKATS
Well butter me up and call me Thursday... surely not? So many on her swore that was never going to happen..!
so much for 'Dry-Uanuary' it will soon be 'Juicy Jockey Y-Front ' Monday.
they should listen to the Lord's teachings....
No, it was your claim that he would be pushing for the first team at Southampton that myself and others were pishing ourselves (with laughter) at.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

What buds need to be concerned about is that Alfie was on a season long loan deal, and it appears just as Celtic wouldnt send Morgan here now as they would see it as detrimental to his development, it also appears Southampton feel the same and have recalled Alfie.

with big Anton about to secure a move back south we will be, unless Oran can recruit well and quickly the most threadbare defence in this league. 

Still on the bright side it probably means we will have to recruit four or five now. Lol.

Reading too much into this . Look at the picture of the Scotland , England players at the diddy cup penalties that picture actually shocked me. Àlarm bells for me were ringing after that. 

Edit: it also kicks Div's "only one of the last starting eleven" to leave post oot the water. And another of our gosl sorers gone!

Plenty of cover at centre half. We have Baird, MacKenzie, Kpekawa and if Ferdinand leaves we can recall Heaton. [emoji23]

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Trying to understand this. 

Two of the starting eleven are away, Jones, Ferdinand and Lynass  we are unsure about, are you suggesting two of them are staying? 

Jones is the second one of the starting XI from Rugby Park to actually leave. Adam Hammill was the other one.

Lyness, Baird, Ferdinand, McGinn P, McGinn S, Hodson, Erhahon, Smith and Jackson are all still there. For now anyway!

Point is that of the six who have gone in January, only two will make a material difference to the team.

If Kpekawa, King and Eckersley all go then the same would apply.

The squad was horrendously bloated. I'm a tad disappointed Jones is gone as I quite liked him, but up to Oran/Gus to bring in better!

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

English clubs have that perception of most Scottish teams, to be fair. There's an idea that if you want to buy a Scots player, you have to get in early before they pick up too many bad habits. I dare say most the loans we'd be likely to pick up from south of the wall would be players that the parent club has essentially given up on already/who will never make the first team.

Guest TPAFKATS
English clubs have that perception of most Scottish teams, to be fair. There's an idea that if you want to buy a Scots player, you have to get in early before they pick up too many bad habits. I dare say most the loans we'd be likely to pick up from south of the wall would be players that the parent club has essentially given up on already/who will never make the first team.
Southampton also looking to move players on before bringing others in.
Maybe they think they can punt him to the lower leagues now that he's got first team experience.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not sure if you’re a troll or what but I always get a good chuckle out your posts and the people who bite!

keep up the good work Lord :happyclapper:lol:

42 minutes ago, mattman said:

He’s from London.

I’d like to think our management team will have something lined up if they are letting Alfie go, would be insane if they never. 

Some amount of paranoia on here today.

relax, it’s only the 7th.

Jones leaving could have been Southampton choice not to keep the loan going until the summer. I think initially it was only until January/ or they had an option. Regardless, it is still early, I'm sure we'll see a few players in this week. 

Edited by bazil85

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't know about anyone else I'm worried. Gus was brought in to help fix deals. Club officials have travelled the leanth of the country and further as been reported.   One player has already failed ,  the club fully expected him to sign on Friday. 

Stop pissing your pants IOBs :wink:

Everything will be fine..................... just switch off your PC come back next Monday and there will be so many Welcome to the Buddies threads. We will have Internationals , top quality players and great experience........................ its all good ....... also Brexit wont happen, Trump will be impeeched and we are set for 10 weeks of 30 C this summer....................

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

What like Dummett?

4 minutes ago, div said:

Jones is the second one of the starting XI from Rugby Park to actually leave. Adam Hammill was the other one.

Lyness, Baird, Ferdinand, McGinn P, McGinn S, Hodson, Erhahon, Smith and Jackson are all still there. For now anyway!

Point is that of the six who have gone in January, only two will make a material difference to the team.

The squad was horrendously bloated. I'm a tad disappointed Jones is gone as I quite liked him, but up to Oran/Gus to bring in better!

Signings have been worked on for months ( fact ) we have been told Div . First day of training 7th Jan nothing has come in even though all the hard work has been done so we have been told ? Never known St Mirren to have so many on the wage bill. Hey hoo questions that are never answerd to the fans buying the club. 

I was a big fan of Jones he was really coming on to his game.

I get that the squad is bloated and understand people moving on we all understand that.

You mention that we have lost only 2 of the starting 11 at Killie but I expect more of them to go. Even at that I don’t believe that starting 11 were good enough to keep us up.

The only players I wanted to keep were Jones, Ferdinand, P & S McGinn, Magennis, Hammil, Smith. The rest I could care if we punted them.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

What like Dummett?

I said 'most'. Obviously there will be exceptions. Besides, most folk down here thought Dummett was never going to cut it for Newcastle - he's fought his way in, though.

But yes, like Brock Madson, Newton, Sonupe, those Man City lads, etc etc

Edited by Magic Monkey

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well butter me up and call me Thursday... surely not? So many on her swore that was never going to happen..!

so much for 'Dry-Uanuary' it will soon be 'Juicy Jockey Y-Front ' Monday.

they should listen to the Lord's teachings....

If this is the way you act when you're right about something, we can all thank our lucky stars it's a very rare occurrence 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Stop pissing your pants IOBs :wink:

Everything will be fine..................... just switch off your PC come back next Monday and there will be so many Welcome to the Buddies threads. We will have Internationals , top quality players and great experience........................ its all good ....... also Brexit wont happen, Trump will be impeeched and we are set for 10 weeks of 30 C this summer....................

Worried mate I really am. I know players will come in from a pack of cards , right ones at a later date ? mmmmmm ? but you are right switch off, sorry I can't.