January Exits

W6Saint

15 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Getting really silly now. Thought Jones was a good player. I think if the fans turn up with boots they might get a game. Time for Gus to earn his wages cos this is now worrying. Lots of outgoings and nothing coming in.

Personally I am greatly enjoying this clear-out. I expect a few more to follow them.

Of course some of those exiting have had a few decent games for us this season but none of them were indispensable IMO. They were all part of the pool of players that have us second bottom of the league, and that's just not good enough is it ?

We've been told over and over that we have to get players out the door before any new ones come in. Well now we are seeing action not just words. It's now up to those in charge to tempt the right replacements that can provide proper balance throughout the squad.

Exciting times ahead.

:)

26 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Getting really silly now. Thought Jones was a good player. I think if the fans turn up with boots they might get a game. Time for Gus to earn his wages cos this is now worrying. Lots of outgoings and nothing coming in.

This was pretty much exactly what OK said would happen at the Q&A. We're still only seven days in. Panic if it's game day and we've signed no one. 

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
Congratulations we have a winner

A 3 year deal with St Mirren, just let us know what position yo want to play in :whistle

Striker please.

A Brave choice ......................... be prepared to be totally isolated :wink:

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'd much rather all those departing were gone before bringing anyone in, otherwise we could end up with a very divided dressing room.

Clear the decks and from then on it is positive steps all the way and a squad being BUILT rather than divided.

Makes complete sense.

Actually a good point

Maybe we have some lined up but we still need to can some without having a cull.....................

18 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'd much rather all those departing were gone before bringing anyone in, otherwise we could end up with a very divided dressing room.

Clear the decks and from then on it is positive steps all the way and a squad being BUILT rather than divided.

Makes complete sense.

Yeah actually I agree with this.

Wasn't panicking but I was concerned at the lack of incoming activity but on reflection I think you are right that this is the best approach.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Apparently McShane was brill on Sat -Hmmmmmmmm , might not be the players who are the problem

No disrespect in anyway to McShane, though he is currently playing for a club that were rooted the foot of the championship before his arrival. He will be head an shoulders above most of his team mates.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Apparently McShane was brill on Sat -Hmmmmmmmm , might not be the players who are the problem

Being brilliant in the Championship is absolutely no use to us, until August anyway :P

Looking forward to the new arrivals coming in. No guarantees of success but at least we are backing the manager and are going to have a proper go at this.

Exciting times!

Just now, kevo_smfc said:

No disrespect in anyway to McShane, though he is currently playing for a club that were rooted the foot of the championship before his arrival. He will be head an shoulders above most of his team mates.

Ok he played in a team that won against a team at the top........ we may well get a reality check when the mighty Alloa come a calling

1 minute ago, div said:

Being brilliant in the Championship is absolutely no use to us, until August anyway :P

Looking forward to the new arrivals coming in. No guarantees of success but at least we are backing the manager and are going to have a proper go at this.

Exciting times!

Either that or we are getting ready for next years star sixes

1 minute ago, div said:

Exciting times!

Are you one of thise people that watches Formula One for the potential carnage :P

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Doesn’t it also highlight the shite squad that Stubbs inherited?

Who’s going to be left from the regulars in the Championship winning side? McGinn and Magennis?

So what job did Stubbs come to do? If he had any football knowledge of any value he would have done what OK is now doing - brave, bold and absolutely essential

Who cares who is left - we need the best squad that we can get - thanks for the memories, but we cannot live in the past...