January Exits

W6Saint

5 minutes ago, div said:

Being brilliant in the Championship is absolutely no use to us, until August anyway :P

Looking forward to the new arrivals coming in. No guarantees of success but at least we are backing the manager and are going to have a proper go at this.

Exciting times!

Yep. Can't deny that this is pretty exciting to watch.

Arse clenching too mind you.

But exciting.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I've actually lost count of our squad size.

We've lost 10 in total so I reckon we must be at about 18 or 19 with a few injuries in that lot.

Does anyone know?

About right. Best to clear the decks before recruiting.  Two or three to go. Then 5/6 in. Squad size then around 22 including injuries.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

About right. Best to clear the decks before recruiting.  Two or three to go. Then 5/6 in. Squad size then around 22 including injuries.

We currently have 6 players injured I think so that would only leave us with 15/16 fit players, a good few of whom are kids.

Tight.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

We could field a team for the Alloa game, but not sure who might be fit after injuries OR who else will be away.

This is the right way to go about things, but hoping the 1st few signings are really good ones - that way the fears will subside at least a wee bit.

Even if Lyness re-signs, I think that will be a positive start..

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We currently have 6 players injured I think so that would only leave us with 15/16 fit players, a good few of whom are kids.

Tight.

We've certainly cleared the decks as promised.

I'm hoping the 'months of hard work' will result in more, than the attempted loan signing of an old firm reserve full back.

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've actually lost count of our squad size.

We've lost 10 in total so I reckon we must be at about 18 or 19 with a few injuries in that lot.

Does anyone know?

Currently 21 in the squad according to the updated list on Wikipedia. This could change by the time I've finished typing though.

24 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

only Cooke, Rogers (loan) & Hodson (loan) to go and that'll be all of Alan Stubbs signings away again in less than 6 months  :lol:

(edit - although I can see Cooke staying and having someting to offer).

He has got something to offer, its just that his agent is offering out down south as we type!

Got to think Eckersley, King, Kpekawa, Flynn, Cammy & Kellermann must all be highly likely to leave this month.

Rogers, Lyness and Ferdinand must also have big question marks over them.

That would only leave Baird, Cooke, Hodson, MacKenzie, Magennis, McGinn P, McGinn S, Mullen, MacPherson, Erhahon and Jackson.

OOFT!

Just now, div said:

Got to think Eckersley, King, Kpekawa, Flynn, Cammy & Kellermann must all be highly likely to leave this month.

That would only leave Baird, Cooke, Hodson, MacKenzie, Magennis, McGinn P, McGinn S, Mullen, MacPherson, Erhahon and Jackson.

OOFT!

Love him to bits, but the prospect of Bairdy being our anchor in defence in our next league game at Parkhead and beyond does not fill me with confidence we will battle out of relegation. Still who knows, perhaps Oran, Gus, Tony, Jimmy eyc.. etc.. have their eyes on a completely new batch of unproven, part time gambles?

2 minutes ago, div said:

OOFT!

The month of the big knives.  That's for sure. Changes on a grand scale. Two or 3 to go out yet. Then look out for incoming.