January Exits

W6Saint

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
Southampton website saying Jones recalled and will get the opportunity to impress their manager. Why on earth would he fancy a crack at the EPL over being in a makeshift eleven for us against Alloa..!
then again posters on here reckon he wasn't all that, interesting if he gets on in a EPL game or two!

IF

Southampton website actually says "returned" and not "re-called"...… BBC saying that Saints cut short the loan deal. Hmmmmmm, now who to believe??

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think being at an EPL club who might play a england youth cap in his best position is giving him a better chance, and maybe turning an IF into a When... but again that wont please some people because Stubbs signed him so he must be crap!

do you think hearing/reading these sorts of comments from supposed st mirren supporters might just have helped the decision to head back south!

You don't know if he read any comments from supporters - but if he did - POOR wee boy - fans not saying good things about him - maybe he has gone back to stay with his ma.

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Are you yet again changing your tune?

They backed Stubbs to burden us with - ARE YOU ADMITTING STUBZO burdened us after backing him for months?????

Can you quote me one post of me backing Stubbs? Just one..?

it was gross negligence by those who hired him, told us he was a great manager to get,  gave him our biggest budget for years then sacked him after four league games because a few players who got found out, and couldnt hack it started crying their eyes out! Where are these great players now???

Guest TPAFKATS
I think being at an EPL club who might play a england youth cap in his best position is giving him a better chance, and maybe turning an IF into a When... but again that wont please some people because Stubbs signed him so he must be crap!
do you think hearing/reading these sorts of comments from supposed st mirren supporters might just have helped the decision to head back south!
You live in your own wee world of make believe.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You talking about "wee" again :P

So what is is best position ? Weren’t we playing him as a centre back ?

4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Southampton website actually says "returned" and not "re-called"...… BBC saying that Saints cut short the loan deal. Hmmmmmm, now who to believe??

Here's the quote on the Southampton website... and your right! It does say he will get the chance to impress his manager! But feck me if that one word is all you can desperately cling onto to somehow justify why its good that young, takented players are getting the f**k out of Paisley, then i hope it brings you comfort. Some of us actually think we should be trying to bring them in, not chase them out simply because of who signed them. 

North of the border, Jones gained valuable experience as he made 15 appearances in the Scottish Premiership for the Buddies, scoring two goals in the process, and he too will have the chance to impress the new boss having returned to the south coast.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye.. you got nuthin!

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Signings have been worked on for months ( fact ) we have been told Div . First day of training 7th Jan nothing has come in even though all the hard work has been done so we have been told ? Never known St Mirren to have so many on the wage bill. Hey hoo questions that are never answerd to the fans buying the club. 

I love a good IOBS meltdown.

When Kearney arrived and signed Lyness, Ferdinand and Hammil we had a 1st team squad of  about 30 players. This window was always going to be about shifting 12-15 players out to bring in 3-6 decent additions which can help the first team.

Players still around who could go now without making a massive difference to the 1st team and free up wages for new additions:

Danny Rogers

Lee Hodson (happy enough if we retain him)  - if he goes we could always bring in a natural left back just like we did when Gus was manag... 

Adam Eckersley - I think he can do a job in the bottom half of the premiership not sure OK agrees.

Cole Kpekawa - the sooner we find a way to move him on the better

Gary MacKenzie - might not be fit in time for the window closing... might be a useful back up when fit.

Anton Ferdinand - a realistic prospect he might want to find something closer to home... he's been one of the better signings this season but there hasn't been much competition for that accolade!

Ryan Edwards - aside from energy and dig we could do with more composure in midfield than he has shown so far.

Jeff King - the same comments about Kpekawa apply here!

Cammy Smith - personally I think he's good enough to play in the bottom 6 of the premiership but not sure OK agrees. I think it would be a mistake to sell him to Dundee United when it is a reasonable prospect we could be facing them in a play off final in May.

As far as I am concerned we're only halfway through the process of clearing out ALL the deadwood in the squad if we were able to do it all ideally in one window. I suspect a good number of the players I have listed will be here until the summer at least.  I also suspect that by the end of the week we'll see some new faces coming in and I'll only begin to worry if we haven't signed more than 3 new players by 20th January or thereabouts. The only decent sized loss so far has been Hammil and even then he has been patchy and if he hadn't scored a few wonder goals there would be no fuss whatsoever about his departure if it was based on performances alone.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can you quote me one post of me backing Stubbs? Just one..?

it was gross negligence by those who hired him, told us he was a great manager to get,  gave him our biggest budget for years then sacked him after four league games because a few players who got found out, and couldnt hack it started crying their eyes out! Where are these great players now???

OF course I could, but you are banking on whether I care enough to look back to finds them - I DON'T

Your constant suppositions that it is the BOD fault for backing him is DAFT - The BOD signed him and therefore backed him to show what he could do... and we all know how that ended up - not because of a few players crying their eyes out - he could not manage the job he came to do.

Compare with OK and see the difference!!!

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

When Kearney arrived and signed Lyness, Ferdinand and Hammil we had a 1st team squad of  about 30 players. This window was always going to be about shifting 12-15 players out to bring in 3-6 decent additions which can help the first team.

Players still around who could go now without making a massive difference to the 1st team and free up wages for new additions:

Danny Rogers

Lee Hodson (happy enough if we retain him)  - if he goes we could always bring in a natural left back just like we did when Gus was manag... 

Adam Eckersley - I think he can do a job in the bottom half of the premiership not sure OK agrees.

Gary MacKenzie - might not be fit in time for the window closing... might be a useful back up when fit.

Anton Ferdinand - a realistic prospect he might want to find something closer to home... he's been one of the better signings this season but there hasn't been much competition for that accolade!

Ryan Edwards - aside from energy and dig we could do with more composure in midfield than he has shown so far.

Cammy Smith - personally I think he's good enough to play in the bottom 6 of the premiership but not sure OK agrees. I think it would be a mistake to sell him to Dundee United when it is a reasonable prospect we could be facing them in a play off final in May.

As far as I am concerned we're only halfway through the process of clearing out ALL the deadwood in the squad if we were able to do it all ideally in one window. I suspect a good number of the players I have listed will be here until the summer at least.  I also suspect that by the end of the week we'll see some new faces coming in and I'll only begin to worry if we haven't signed more than 3 new players by 20th January or thereabouts. The only decent sized loss so far has been Hammil and even then he has been patchy and if he hadn't scored a few wonder goals there would be no fuss whatsoever about his departure if it was based on performances alone.

Dibbles... Edwards has returned to Hearts

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye.. you got nuthin!
I don't have the time or inclination to go through it all again.
I could just repost the made up nonsense you've posted so far today I suppose?

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Danny Rogers

Edwards is away too and Kearney also signed Jackson

I just don't get why so many people seem to be shocked by the number or choice (Jones apart) of players who have gone or are likely to go. 

I agree that it is rare that we find people in authority doing what they said they were going to do.. But both OK and the BOD are. 

Cut them some slack.  They need to CUT costs to BRING In BETTER PLAYERS. 

They are doing just that. 

Regardless of who we sign or don't sign, every player who has left so far (with the possible exception of Hammill and Jones) absolutely deserves to go and had no place playing football at this level.

I am not in any way worried or panicking about them not being here anymore.

Let's get more gone ASAP. King, Kpekawa, Rodgers, Flynn....even guys who are clearly not wanted or clearly don't want to be here like Eckersley, Ferdinand and Smith. Get them all moved on.

4 minutes ago, billyg said:
  1. Jeff King @Jeffking034 15m15 minutes ago
  2. Looking for a solicitor in scotland, anyone help me out? Thanks
  3. Replying to @Jeffking034
  4. You been done for impersonating a footballer mate?

ho ho !

I see he's deleted the original post too. You can just imagine how sad he was at reading that response.

24 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

OF course I could, but you are banking on whether I care enough to look back to finds them - I DON'T

Your constant suppositions that it is the BOD fault for backing him is DAFT - The BOD signed him and therefore backed him to show what he could do... and we all know how that ended up - not because of a few players crying their eyes out - he could not manage the job he came to do.

Compare with OK and see the difference!!!

What difference? We are just as poor, or worse, despite the board giving Oran a hefty additional budget to bring in Ferdinand, Hammil and Jackson. Thanks for confirming theres no trail of me supporting Stubbs, its funny.

now lets see what Oran does with 'his' team, lets see this difference.

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oops , imagine Southampton getting it wrong with their own player .If only they had asked LPM emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-12-10/loan-watch-alfie-jones-goal-10-december-2018

No one can take the pish out of you for quoting an article that only serves to identify the postion where someone was playing, for a loan club, whilst scoring a goal.  

You are quite simply giving it away mate!

but hey if that gives you comfort in the face of a very talented, england youth cap leaving us, simply because of who signed him, when we are in dire straits then you jolly well hang on to it. Treasure it, and Enjoy you're night lol.