January Exits

W6Saint

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Czech keeper hardly played and second/third choice, Lyons only ever played part time in Ireland, and not a regular pick for Blackburn reserves. Does this strategy Sound familiar?

Exactly what is your point LPM?

If it is to state the obvious. You have done so. If it is to be critical, then it is. 

Where are your ideas for alternative approaches?

16 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Doesn’t it also highlight the shite squad that Stubbs inherited?

Who’s going to be left from the regulars in the Championship winning side? McGinn and Magennis?

He inherited a better squad than Livi. Yes he lost a few key players but he did not sign one player that was better than last season in any position. That is crazy for a promoted side. 

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Czech keeper hardly played and second/third choice, Lyons only ever played part time in Ireland, and not a regular pick for Blackburn reserves. Does this strategy Sound familiar?

Lyons is a regular in their under 23 side according to their website. He's scored three goals in their last two games, including a double against Arsenal, one of them from 30 yards. His coach says he is delighted with his development. 

He inherited a better squad than Livi. Yes he lost a few key players but he did not sign one player that was better than last season in any position. That is crazy for a promoted side. 

Your irrelevant reply fails to answer my question!

Who will be left from that squad?

McGinn and Magennis. And only McGinn was a JR signing.

The squad that Stubbs inherited clearly is inferior to that at Livi as hardly anyone is left whilst most of the Livi squad is still there and doing very well in the top flight!

Who have Livi signed this season who is better than who they had last season?

One of Livi’s big strengths is their back line of Halkett, Gallagher and Lithgow. They are all still there.

We have t got anyone left from our first choice defence from last season!

Now, THAT really is crazy for a promoted side!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes , Donald Hunter was 3rd choice at Ibrox and Iain Munro wasn't a regular pick for their reserves , when Fergie signed them ! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Czech keeper has played 9/18 league games for his top flight club this season. 

Played 15/30 league games for same club in top flight last season. 

Don't let facts get in the way, though. 

11 hours ago, bud84 said:

Jeff Kings just a young guy trying to make a career for himself given an opportunity and he's grabbed it with both hands like any one else would do. Unfortunately for him and St Mirren it's not worked out the way we would all have hoped.

Now he's got div acting like a fud because he knows he's got a big following and he'll get a few likes,  retweets and a bit if attention for all of 5 mins. Pretty pathetic tbh. 

Wish the boy all the best back down south or wherever he ends up. 

I've always been a fud, this is nothing new.

Ask yourself this though.

If you were looking to employ the services of a solicitor would your first port of call be to randomly ask strangers on twitter for recommendations?

He knew exactly what he was doing.

44 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Lyons is a regular in their under 23 side according to their website. He's scored three goals in their last two games, including a double against Arsenal, one of them from 30 yards. His coach says he is delighted with his development. 

They've played 13 games this season and Lyons has started 10 of them, but aye, not a regular pick :lol:

4 minutes ago, div said:

I've always been a fud, this is nothing new.

If you were looking to employ the services of a solicitor would your first port of call be to randomly ask strangers on twitter for recommendations?

He knew exactly what he was doing.

He was never going to get very far. There's all sorts of kinds of solicitors. The woman who did my will could not do the same job as the guy who did my conveyancing.

It was clearly a bit of grandstanding on his part (and on Div's tbf :lol: )

I think regardless of where a player comes from, or what his history is, he deserves a chance to impress.

When Craig Samson originally signed for Saints from Ayr Utd there was absolute outrage on these forums about how shite he was.

He went on to play a huge part in lifting the League Cup and then the Championship title during his second spell.

Sometimes players just fit at a particular club.

2 minutes ago, div said:

I think regardless of where a player comes from, or what his history is, he deserves a chance to impress.

When Craig Samson originally signed for Saints from Ayr Utd there was absolute outrage on these forums about how shite he was.

He went on to play a huge part in lifting the League Cup and then the Championship title during his second spell.

Sometimes players just fit at a particular club.

Of course they can/do. And I hope anyone signed does well for us, and themselves. 

The issue for me is given the much increased budget available since the start of the season we have been promised time and again by the club that we would invest wisely, bring in quality, better than we have.... people's patience will not last much longer if the next batch, are very much like the last batch!

i have no idea how Lyons & Lavvie would fare, if we signed them. Inwant them to succeed. But if every fan thought for a moment, "do these guys sound/feel/look like the names you think will get us out of this"? I wonder what their thoughts would be!

10 minutes ago, div said:

My bad, it's 14 league games they have played.

Unless the league table is wrong.

blackburn.JPG

I just added up the games listed in all competitions on their website, which is 19. Still if he gets a run out up here, it will be a lot different, and as we have seen with guys from English development squads at bigger clubs, it doesnt always work out.

let the Lyon ROAR.... and lets see the big Lavvie feeling flushed....

Edited by Lord Pityme