January Exits

W6Saint

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Of course they can/do. And I hope anyone signed does well for us, and themselves. 

The issue for me is given the much increased budget available since the start of the season we have been promised time and again by the club that we would invest wisely, bring in quality, better than we have.... people's patience will not last much longer if the next batch, are very much like the last batch!

i have no idea how Lyons & Lavvie would fare, if we signed them. Inwant them to succeed. But if every fan thought for a moment, "do these guys sound/feel/look like the names you think will get us out of this"? I wonder what their thoughts would be!

Yes it's fair to say our budget has been thoroughly squandered to date.

The accounts for this year are going to make for horrendous reading. I shudder to think how much of the McGinn money has gone and we have nothing to show for it.

With the DoF having been in place for 3 months now and the club making all the noises about how much work has been done, I think we are all entitled to expect a much better standard of recruitment this month.

Absolutely no excuse for anything other than good recruitment this window. Worryingly at the moment it looks like our rivals Dundee have at least a plan (bring in as many players their manager has previously worked with as possible.) 

Currently it looks like we’re playing a game of hope for the best by repeating January 2017 as closely as possible. Here’s hoping...

1 minute ago, div said:

Yes it's fair to say our budget has been thoroughly squandered to date.

The accounts for this year are going to make for horrendous reading. I shudder to think how much of the McGinn money has gone and we have nothing to show for it.

With the DoF having been in place for 3 months now and the club making all the noises about how much work has been done, I think we are all entitled to expect a much better standard of recruitment this month.

Agreed!

and personally i wont hold much sway by the Alloa result, just as i wouldnt for pre-season games, which the league cup has effectively become. Of course we want to perform well, and win, especially against lower league opponents.

but i have a personal reality check filter that says its only worthy of noting if you win/lose by more than three/four clear goals pre season. If we lost by the odd one to Alloa, but went on to get four or five points, out of our next five league games. That would be a hood sign of progress.

we put SIX past Dumbarton in the league cup, drew with Killie, and effectively those results meant little.

3 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Absolutely no excuse for anything other than good recruitment this window. Worryingly at the moment it looks like our rivals Dundee have at least a plan (bring in as many players their manager has previously worked with as possible.) 

Currently it looks like we’re playing a game of hope for the best by repeating January 2017 as closely as possible. Here’s hoping...

Rumoured to be getting Hardie from Sevco as part of Kamara deal. Dundee are certainly getting locked & cocked with proven players at this level, and with experience of this league!

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Your irrelevant reply fails to answer my question!

Who will be left from that squad?

McGinn and Magennis. And only McGinn was a JR signing.

The squad that Stubbs inherited clearly is inferior to that at Livi as hardly anyone is left whilst most of the Livi squad is still there and doing very well in the top flight!

Who have Livi signed this season who is better than who they had last season?

One of Livi’s big strengths is their back line of Halkett, Gallagher and Lithgow. They are all still there.

We have t got anyone left from our first choice defence from last season!

Now, THAT really is crazy for a promoted side!

To be fair Wendy, Eckersley and MacKenzie are still here but injured.  Smith was recalled by Hearts and Davis left. Not much the club could do there.  

I agree though with your comments on Livvy.

Your irrelevant reply fails to answer my question!

Who will be left from that squad?

McGinn and Magennis. And only McGinn was a JR signing.

The squad that Stubbs inherited clearly is inferior to that at Livi as hardly anyone is left whilst most of the Livi squad is still there and doing very well in the top flight!

Who have Livi signed this season who is better than who they had last season?

One of Livi’s big strengths is their back line of Halkett, Gallagher and Lithgow. They are all still there.

We have t got anyone left from our first choice defence from last season!

Now, THAT really is crazy for a promoted side!

The team that Stubbs took over finished above Livi in the league. Yes We lost some good players but he should have been able to build on that by bringing in a few better players.

Livi retained the majority of a weaker team than us and their wage structure is smaller yet Stubbs made a complete mess of summer recruitment. Being able to offer bigger wages and SP football, he still never managed it, not a single one.  That is nothing short of a staggering failure for a man that will never again get a job in football management. 

Credit where credit is due to Livi for punching way above their weight but there is zero question that Stubbs had a complete disaster in every aspect of his time at SMFC and that was not down to being left with a poor team.

Says one of the leaders of the pack who chased Stubbs out the door after only 4 games! emoji1.png

Nine games including two draws against amateur/ non-league teams. His only league result coming after a missed penalty and a keeper falling on his a*se. Stubbs is exactly where he deserves to be, out of football management. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Rumoured to be getting Hardie from Sevco as part of Kamara deal. Dundee are certainly getting locked & cocked with proven players at this level, and with experience of this league!

Dundee fans think they'll get Hardie, but Livi fans think he's going back there.

Dundees signings so far are Martin Woods and Craig Curran, who both got relegated last season, as did Davies, their other likely signing. The only thing they are proven at is failure.

Guest TPAFKATS
Imagine the meltdown on here if Oran went down the Jim mcintyre route of signing players he worked with previously

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Seriously? He scores for fun against us. Plus he's scored five times in his last seven games. Thats more than entire squad!

Ahhhhhh. I’ve solved this mystery.

There is a discrepancy in the definitions of “proven at this level”.

You think it’s the above, whilst sane people think it isn’t.

Glad we’ve sorted that all out.