January Exits

W6Saint

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Apart from Livi.....

Again, your Stubbs signing point is irrelevant because I wasn’t discussing the job that Stubbs did - which wasn’t very good!

As I said, only 2 regulars will be left, McGinn and Magennis.

Now THAT really is unheard of and highlights how bad the squad was that Stubbs inherited.

Probably the worst promoted squad in history!

Regardless of the bad job that Stubbs did, albeit we only got 4 games to find out, whoever took over was going to be up against it!

The big players we lost from our starting 11 were Davis, Morgan, and arguably Smith and Reilly (Stubbs didn't even entertain convincing Reilly and did not attempt to sign Smith when he became available on a free). We were also unlucky with injuries to Mac and Eck.

It hurt us but it did not make our squad substantially worse than a team we finished 12 points ahead of in the league. What made us substantially worse was Stubbs not replacing a single one or any other position with a better player. Not a single one, even with a bigger budget and SP football.  The job Stubbs had in the summer wasn't an easy one, I'm not suggesting that by a stretch but it certainly was not more difficult than the job Kenny Miller had at Livi. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The big players we lost from our starting 11 were Davis, Morgan, and arguably Smith and Reilly (Stubbs didn't even entertain convincing Reilly and did not attempt to sign Smith when he became available on a free). We were also unlucky with injuries to Mac and Eck.

It hurt us but it did not make our squad substantially worse than a team we finished 12 points ahead of in the league. What made us substantially worse was Stubbs not replacing a single one or any other position with a better player. Not a single one, even with a bigger budget and SP football.  The job Stubbs had in the summer wasn't an easy one, I'm not suggesting that by a stretch but it certainly was not more difficult than the job Kenny Miller had at Livi. 

The amount of games had was irrelevant. It was the fact the players were clearly downing tools and not playing for him or themselves. Thats why GS stepped in. Anyone who witnessed the game v Livi would know if Stubbs had stayed we would still be on 3 points ....................

Stubbs obviously did a great sell on a BOD that was still reeling from the way Jack departed, taking his sidekick with him, not only did that impact them but also clearly the players................... Oran should have been appointed straight away............... hopefully we have learned again that what we lack in direction is consistency and thats the main reason we dont push on 

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He scores goals at this level?

So Danny Mullen is "proven at this level" then?

Or is there some made up line between 2 and 5 goals that means you're proven?

I'm nor saying Hardie won't become proven at this level. I'm saying he isn't yet. If you say he is, then you're talking bollocks and to use your words.....not for the first time.

Someone asked where the stuff about Kellerman was coming from - here is an article :

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aldershot-town-boss-tight-lipped-15645530

GARY WADDOCK is remaining tight-lipped over rumours linking three former EBB Stadium favourites with returns to Aldershot Town.

Goalkeeper Lewis Ward, currently on loan at Northampton Town from Reading, forward Bernard Mensah, on loan at Lincoln City from Bristol Rovers, and midfielder Jim Kellermann, who has been at AFC Fylde on loan from St Mirren, are all keen to return to north Hampshire, according to Surrey Live sources.

Someone asked where the stuff about Kellerman was coming from - here is an article :

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aldershot-town-boss-tight-lipped-15645530

GARY WADDOCK is remaining tight-lipped over rumours linking three former EBB Stadium favourites with returns to Aldershot Town.

Goalkeeper Lewis Ward, currently on loan at Northampton Town from Reading, forward Bernard Mensah, on loan at Lincoln City from Bristol Rovers, and midfielder Jim Kellermann, who has been at AFC Fylde on loan from St Mirren, are all keen to return to north Hampshire, according to Surrey Live sources.

It was me who asked Bud, simply couldn’t see anything anywhere . Their manager seems keen but doubtful. Let’s see if he can do enough to impress OK here.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It was me who asked Bud, simply couldn’t see anything anywhere . Their manager seems keen but doubtful. Let’s see if he can do enough to impress OK here.

I have no problem IF he is good enough - maybe this is what he needs and even if he is not fully up to speed this season, maybe he will be for next - we can but hope OR punt him if we can...

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

The amount of games had was irrelevant. It was the fact the players were clearly downing tools and not playing for him or themselves. Thats why GS stepped in. Anyone who witnessed the game v Livi would know if Stubbs had stayed we would still be on 3 points ....................

Stubbs obviously did a great sell on a BOD that was still reeling from the way Jack departed, taking his sidekick with him, not only did that impact them but also clearly the players................... Oran should have been appointed straight away............... hopefully we have learned again that what we lack in direction is consistency and thats the main reason we dont push on 

If I’m honest I don’t buy the downing tools stuff at all. There’s a difference between downing tool and being disillusioned with a manager. It was the latter. There is also obviously the ability factor  

cant blame them either, the players leftover must have Ben thinking wtf is he doing with the new signings. 

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Lyness went from our number 1 to out on his arse fairly quickly there emoji38.png

We always knew he was out of contract this month, hardly been hoofed out the way some of the others have. He was only signed as cover for Danny Rogers while he was injured (as we didn’t know Samson would be leaving at that point).

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Lyness, O’Keefe and King all gone, on official twitter

Wow. 

The month of the long and sharp knives. 

Sad O'keefe didn't make it.  On his game he was an exciting young player. 

Best wishes to him and to Lyness (decent keeper) and also to King. 

2 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Can’t remember everyone that has been moved on but other than Hammil & Jones which I was a little sad to see leave the others I couldn’t care less about.

I could list all 13 out since OK took the reigns - but hope we manage to add KP, Smith, Eckers (finance and injury prone reasons mainly), Flynn and Rodgers to the outs also

Not sure about MacKenzie either or whether Ferdinand will stay

Jeff King away,  not even 48 hours ago he was apparently looking for a solicitor to take the club to court over the remainder of his contract. Thats been some change of heart.

Maybe divs tweet actually worked. 

Or more likely Div was full of pish and the solicitor tweet from Jeff was nothing at all to do with the club.