January Exits

W6Saint

Jeff King may be due an apology (though I doubt he'll get it) from a fair few on here who sought to Ass-U-Me to what end he might want a solicitor.

those of us with actual employment law knowledge and experience know that it is common pratice to have your own solicitor oversee any compromise agreement you may be offered. Poor form,  slagging off a guy who has actually done the club a favour he did not need to, despite being frozen out and slagged off endlessly.

15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Lyness went from our number 1 to out on his arse fairly quickly there emoji38.png

Think Lyness is a tad unlucky.

We are bringing a new first choice keeper in, that's no secret. Lyness just so happened to both be better than Rodgers and out of contract.

I take it as read that we cannot get rid of Rodgers if Aberdeen won't take him back and so Lyness had to make way instead for the new incoming goalie.

9 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Jeff King away,  not even 48 hours ago he was apparently looking for a solicitor to take the club to court over the remainder of his contract. Thats been some change of heart.

Maybe divs tweet actually worked. 

Or more likely Div was full of pish and the solicitor tweet from Jeff was nothing at all to do with the club.  

I'd imagine he needed a solicitor to sign off his compromise agreement?

19 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Can’t remember everyone that has been moved on but other than Hammil & Jones which I was a little sad to see leave the others I couldn’t care less about.

We are running a list on the homepage if you want to refresh your memory!

Lyness’ choice to move on, good luck to him. Looked like a decent enough keeper if unspectacular. Like Hammill if anybody doesn’t want to be here, best to let them go.

King was definitely in the top 10 worst signings we’ve ever made though. Horrendous, and on a 2 year deal aswell... Thanks Alan Stubbs!

Good luck to O’Keefe though, sad to see one of our academy boys move on.

3 minutes ago, div said:

I'd imagine he needed a solicitor to sign off his compromise agreement?

So he's went from taking the club to court to reaching an agreement with them in pretty much the space of day. Must have been some solicitor he got to make the club give in to him like that. 

2 minutes ago, bud84 said:

So he's went from taking the club to court to reaching an agreement with them in pretty much the space of day. Must have been some solicitor he got to make the club give in to him like that. 

Who said he was taking the club to court?!

If you are negotiating a release from a contract, a solicitor has to sign it off.

5 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Sorry, who said he was taking the club to court? :lol:

Just now, bud84 said:

A few people suggested it, and your claim of he 'knew what he was doing ' added to the suggestion. 

You are literally the first person to bring it up that he was taking the club to court. No one has said this at all until you brought it up as far as I can see.

Just now, bud84 said:

A few people suggested it, and your claim of he 'knew what he was doing ' added to the suggestion. 

Well if you make stuff up in your own head that's up to you, but I suggested nothing of the kind.

4 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Pages 30 and 31 

Nothing on either page about him taking the club to court. not even a sniff of a suggestion of it. :lol: 

One poster made a quip about him suing us for lack of game time and a couple of others speculated about SMFC raising disciplinary procedures. None of this would involve taking the club to court.

19 minutes ago, linwood-bud said:

Did Jeff King not ask to be released back in the summer?

I’m sure it was rumoured he wanted away before the transfer window had even closed.

May have been fairly easy to negotiate with in that case.

The full story of what happened under Stubbs will come out at some point I'm sure. Fitzy could probably write his second novel just on the goings on over the summer!

Wow. 
The month of the long and sharp knives. 
Sad O'keefe didn't make it.  On his game he was an exciting young player. 
Best wishes to him and to Lyness (decent keeper) and also to King. 
Shocked at Okeefe as I watched him a few times and he looked a very good winger with lots of pace

I'm loving this.

No disrespect intended towards those players that have been ushered towards the exit door and who might feel aggrieved because they believe that they deserve a future at Greenhill Road but ……….

……. clear the decks !!!

Those Augean stables needed to be flushed clean.

Welcome the new beginning !!!!!

:D:D:D

25 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Agree on o'Keefe - seen him quite a few times in the reserves & thought he might've got a chance under JR or Kearney. 

I remember Ross saying that he lacked self belief, and they were trying to work with him on that. Maybe he needs to step out and get game time?