January Exits

W6Saint

5 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I remember Ross saying that he lacked self belief, and they were trying to work with him on that. Maybe he needs to step out and get game time?

Aldo.  I said the same to my sons about the boy.  He needed a bit of self belief or cheek.  Has the talent.  Maybe he will come good elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Aldo.  I said the same to my sons about the boy.  He needed a bit of self belief or cheek.  Has the talent.  Maybe he will come good elsewhere. 

Every step up in football, through youth levels and into contracts is tough... only a few make it... some go off and work back up as they mature... some don't

It is dog eat dog for a 1st 11 jersey... only the strongest usually make it...and get to keep it for a while.

Wish him well, but suspect he will be down in League 2 this year, then who knows - hope it works out well for him though...

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jeff King may be due an apology (though I doubt he'll get it) from a fair few on here who sought to Ass-U-Me to what end he might want a solicitor.

those of us with actual employment law knowledge and experience know that it is common pratice to have your own solicitor oversee any compromise agreement you may be offered. Poor form,  slagging off a guy who has actually done the club a favour he did not need to, despite being frozen out and slagged off endlessly.

Ha ha. You are funny. Rubbish at trolling (too obvious) but your transparency is amusing to me.

Regardless of why King wanted a solicitor, who the f**k asks for solicitor recommendations on Twitter unless they are trying to be a smart arse? 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha ha. You are funny. Rubbish at trolling (too obvious) but your transparency is amusing to me.

Regardless of why King wanted a solicitor, who the f**k asks for solicitor recommendations on Twitter unless they are trying to be a smart arse? 

Belòw a certain age, people conduct their whole life thru social media. Still you obviously know exactly all the details, but then say regardless of why?

to add if he was being a smart arse, it seems then its worked as he has got his pay off!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Belòw a certain age, people conduct their whole life thru social media. Still you obviously know exactly all the details, but then say regardless of why?

to add if he was being a smart arse, it seems then its worked as he has got his pay off!

Probably cheaper than a solicitors fee. :rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ha ha. Priceless. Who’s making assumptions now. 

21 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Apart from Livi.....

Again, your Stubbs signing point is irrelevant because I wasn’t discussing the job that Stubbs did - which wasn’t very good!

As I said, only 2 regulars will be left, McGinn and Magennis.

Now THAT really is unheard of and highlights how bad the squad was that Stubbs inherited.

Probably the worst promoted squad in history!

Regardless of the bad job that Stubbs did, albeit we only got 4 games to find out, whoever took over was going to be up against it!

Mullen & Baird, possibly Flynn?

1 minute ago, pod said:

Is he. 

Imagine the reaction on here if Oran has to play him against Alloa because he just didnt have another option other than a sixteen year old when Anton's move is confirmed?

they gave King a deal, stands to reason that they will offload Kwpenka too. So we will have had to pay at least oart of Heaton's loan, and pay to be shot of King & Kpwenka and possibly some of the others like McShane who were still under contract?

anyone still think we are going to bring in up to six or eight?

Would love to keep Anton , his experience and leadership could be invaluable.
I think if he does move back down south he may well struggle to get a decent gig , he is not mobile enough nor fit enough to get a permanent starting berth with most league teams in my opinion.
Perhaps he may look at National league teams in the London area, many of them could easily match what we offer and it gets him nearer his family.
Just my opinion, I hope I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Imagine the reaction on here if Oran has to play him against Alloa because he just didnt have another option other than a sixteen year old when Anton's move is confirmed?

they gave King a deal, stands to reason that they will offload Kwpenka too. So we will have had to pay at least oart of Heaton's loan, and pay to be shot of King & Kpwenka and possibly some of the others like McShane who were still under contract?

anyone still think we are going to bring in up to six or eight?

Yip.

52 minutes ago, wabuddy said:

Looks like Anton could be leaving - ok trying to keep him

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-boss-oran-kearney-13836929

Having read this article, I actually appreciate OK more. 

Seems like a very genuine, astute and all round good people manager. 

Lets hope he gets what we need over this window. So far though, he offloaded the guys that we ought to have. Lets see if those on the way in are equally as valuable.