Baird

S McGinn
Tansey
Hodson
Smith

Jackson
Cooke

It's not great but it's a team!

Arguably our strongest available line-up considering Magennis is injured.

8 of those started our last league game (Hammill, Jones and Lyness the exceptions).

Given how poor Rogers is Lyness is a massive omission. Hammill was our most creative midfielder and Jones was becoming our best, mobile defender. You are also making a massive assumption that Ferdinand will be available for our next match when even OK has said he has the same sort of deals Hammill had to be closer to his family.

It may be eleven players and our strongest line up but it would be battered by ANY other team in this league.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Given how poor Rogers is Lyness is a massive omission. Hammill was our most creative midfielder and Jones was becoming our best, mobile defender. You are also making a massive assumption that Ferdinand will be available for our next match when even OK has said he has the same sort of deals Hammill had to be closer to his family.

It may be eleven players and our strongest line up but it would be battered by ANY other team in this league.

I'm not saying this is going to be our team going forward, I'm merely saying as things stand, right now, this is probably our strongest XI.

I don't think for a minute that Ferdinand is going to stay, and I'd be staggered if Cammy Smith isn't gone in the next few days.

New arrivals will come in and the team will look very different!

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Jeez , I think you are being kind attaching the label player to one or two of them .
That squad looks really poor.

Smith looks to be off today
Kellerman when fit didn’t exactly impress at Fylde
Two ageing long term injury hit players ( but still good players)
Rogers does not fill me with confidence
Ferdinand is a major doubt.
Mullen and Magennis recently injured , haven’t played since ....?
& Kpekawa is , well, Kpekawa.

As things stand we would be very lucky to be able to field a full team with subs.

Let’s hope GM & OK have some aces up their sleeves.

COYS .

Wasn't it 21/22 plus youngsters Kearney said was ideal - so that's div's 19 down to 17 if you discount Erhahon & MacPherson?

That'd leave us looking for 4/5 incoming (net). 

47 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

You need to factor in the wages released by all those who have left. That'll pay for several new players.

Mate most of them are getting payouts, or their loan is being part paid. Add to that the overspent the budget sacking and paying off Stubbs & co, and Oran's Compo, and Three big additional wages for Hammill, Jackson & Anton. That hadnt been budgeted for.

i know football fans (self included) sometimes want ti detach from reality and insist the board get the cheque book out, but that cheque book is worn out now, the club simply cant afford to pay yet another eight wages, that might again need paying off at a later date.

ffs did you see the piece about the big lad Popescu? They reckon if we sign him thats 4000 euros a month plus his digs! Thats just one (as far as we know) quality replacement.

our board f**ked up royally chasing the dream with Stubbs, now the chickens have come home to roost.

Guest TPAFKATS

Jeez , I think you are being kind attaching the label player to one or two of them .
That squad looks really poor.

Smith looks to be off today
Kellerman when fit didn’t exactly impress at Fylde
Two ageing long term injury hit players ( but still good players)
Rogers does not fill me with confidence
Ferdinand is a major doubt.
Mullen and Magennis recently injured , haven’t played since ....?
& Kpekawa is , well, Kpekawa.

As things stand we would be very lucky to be able to field a full team with subs.

Let’s hope GM & OK have some aces up their sleeves.

COYS .
Sad to see Cammy Smith leave however he's probably been the biggest disappointment this season.

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wasn't it 21/22 plus youngsters Kearney said was ideal - so that's div's 19 down to 17 if you discount Erhahon & MacPherson?

That'd leave us looking for 4/5 incoming (net). 

And it's down to 15 if Smith and Ferdinand go.

We would then be looking 7 more coming in for a total of 8.

1 hour ago, div said:

The manager has said he wants a first team squad of 21 or 22 and that the number of players coming in will depend on the number going out.

If we assume that Heaton being out on loan removes him from the squad (even accepting we will be paying at least some of his wages)

As of right now the first team squad consists of;

Danny Rogers

Jack Baird
Ethan Erhahon
Adam Eckersley
Lee Hodson
Anton Ferdinand
Paul McGinn
Gary MacKenzie
Cole Kpekawa

Ryan Flynn
Jim Kellermann
Kyle Magennis
Stephen McGinn
Cammy MacPherson
Greg Tansey

Cody Cooke
Simeon Jackson
Danny Mullen
Cammy Smith

That's 19 players.
You can do the arithmetic yourself.

We'll be looking at 2-3 additions at the moment, and hoping that we can move some of the above out the way to make room for more.

I admire you patience, but football fans think 1-1 leaves you £150k to spunk on just two more players. Btw congratulations on the (second) most sensible post on the subject.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hold on to that one, might mean we can increase the part time, temp snack bar kiosk staff by 0.6% of one person?

I don;t really see any point in responding to your posts any longer. Not one positive spin on a response. Not asking you to agree with everything i say, though you seem to wake up on the wrong side of the bed daily when St Mirren are on topic.

Just now, kevo_smfc said:

I don;t really see any point in responding to your posts any longer. Not one positive spin on a response. Not asking you to agree with everything i say, though you seem to wake up on the wrong side of the bed daily when St Mirren are on topic.

Sorry if its all a bit too real. Look at Div's post on numbers.... he actually knows something, and takes in whats written and said by the club. Yes there was some money for Stewart, but it was a drop in the ocean to what has been wasted thus far.

10 minutes ago, wabuddy said:

5 minutes ago, wabuddy said:

And neither set of fans (in a shitty city having american owners at each club) saw this coming???

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Why they feck would any Scottish Club be owned and run by  those who are not supporters of that Club or have the best interests of the Club and fanbase at heart. 

Fecking lunatics on Tayside. 

Yep. There's no money to be made by running a club in Scotland, so you have to wonder what their motives are.