January Exits

W6Saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Yep. There's no money to be made by running a club in Scotland, so you have to wonder what their motives are.
Not much money to be made from the land that either ground is situated on either. Mibees there's a quick buck to be made from the proposed camperdown park development that Dundee are looking at?

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
44 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:
Yep. There's no money to be made by running a club in Scotland, so you have to wonder what their motives are.

Not much money to be made from the land that either ground is situated on either. Mibees there's a quick buck to be made from the proposed camperdown park development that Dundee are looking at?

Merger imminent. 

A source tells me that Lyness wanted to stay but wasn't offered a contract. St. Mirren didn't want to keep him. As of Saturday, he thought a contract would be offered and he'd be staying. His wife's family stay in Edinburgh so he wanted to stay in Scotland.

OK said he wasn't offered a contract in his interview yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sorry if I've missed it elsewhere but the Dundee Evening Telegraph are reporting Smith off to Utd. as imminent.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-set-to-sign-attacker-cammy-smith-from-st-mirren/

Despite not having a lot of game time this season, this is the only departure that I am second guessing. 

I do think he has something to offer.... however, I am sure OK knows what hes doing.

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

A source tells me that Lyness wanted to stay but wasn't offered a contract. St. Mirren didn't want to keep him. As of Saturday, he thought a contract would be offered and he'd be staying. His wife's family stay in Edinburgh so he wanted to stay in Scotland.

Aye. That source is Oran Kearney. :1eye

He mentioned this in an interview which Div told us about.

Oran said "we weren't in a position to offer him a contract".

"A source tells me".

Aww bless. Trying to pretend you are ITK. Cringe! :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

13 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Despite not having a lot of game time this season, this is the only departure that I am second guessing. 

I do think he has something to offer.... however, I am sure OK knows what hes doing.

How long do we have to wait for Smith to offer summat ? 

Season started in July, it is now 2019 and wee torn faced has done feck all. 

Good riddens to Smith. 

Did he manage to pick up his salary all by himself ? 

1 minute ago, shull said:

How long do we have to wait for Smith to offer summat ? 

Season started in July, it is now 2019 and wee torn faced has done feck all. 

Good riddens to Smith. 

Did he manage to pick up his salary all by himself ? 

Been waiting years for you to offer a half decent post

Still you are the site Clown - just not a very funny one :1eye

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

He/she is everywhere. 

Follow follow it will follow on. 

He ain't getting it. 

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I wouldn't go as far as that DJ. Shull often makes me smile. 

Just Not.. When he posts on the OF. Not.. When he posts on the cost of football.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I wouldn't go as far as that DJ. Shull often makes me smile. 

Just Not.. When he posts on the OF. Not.. When he posts on the cost of football.

Which is about 95% of his posts if you add his dislike for Jack, Craig and now Cammy .....

In saying that .... his stupidity does make me smile :wink:

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Yip.

Me too - anyone thinking we won't bring in at least 5 but even as many as 8 is not sane - there are more to go too.

Glad Smith is away for his sake and ours - he will do a job for them, but he has not been good value for money this season.

I suspect Oran will utilise the wages freed up well - signings imminent...

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Mate most of them are getting payouts, or their loan is being part paid. Add to that the overspent the budget sacking and paying off Stubbs & co, and Oran's Compo, and Three big additional wages for Hammill, Jackson & Anton. That hadnt been budgeted for.

i know football fans (self included) sometimes want ti detach from reality and insist the board get the cheque book out, but that cheque book is worn out now, the club simply cant afford to pay yet another eight wages, that might again need paying off at a later date.

ffs did you see the piece about the big lad Popescu? They reckon if we sign him thats 4000 euros a month plus his digs! Thats just one (as far as we know) quality replacement.

our board f**ked up royally chasing the dream with Stubbs, now the chickens have come home to roost.

His quoted wages are the average for a Scottish Premiership player £800 a week - and yet again you have conjured up that we are also paying his digs - he will be paying these out of his wages.

You are still spewing the made up idea that we are skint - and that we have made pay-offs (So come on show us the facts?) [ Oh but you cannot] - we are not skint, lots of money has been saved by letting folk go early and at the moment it is 15 minus 1 less wages every day. (at the very least over a grand a day being saved)

Edited by Sweeper07
changed 14 to 15 now as Eckers is away too

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Aye. That source is Oran Kearney. :1eye

He mentioned this in an interview which Div told us about.

Oran said "we weren't in a position to offer him a contract".

"A source tells me".

Aww bless. Trying to pretend you are ITK. Cringe! :lol:

Aye, okay, I haven't been keeping up to date with it all! :lol: :P

My source was actually someone I work with whose missus is friends with Lyness' missus. Or something like that!

At least my source was correct!

Good luck to Eck. A tidy player who done us a job and was part of a very enjoyable time supporting the club. I guess the manager thinks his injuries have finally caught up with him.

A leftback should be high up the recruitment list now as it’s completely unreasonable to put a 17 year old centre midfielder there for most of the season!

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

His quoted wages are the average for a Scottish Premiership player £800 a week - and yet again you have conjured up that we are also paying his digs - he will be paying these out of his wages.

You are still spewing the made up idea that we are skint - and that we have made pay-offs (So come on show us the facts?) [ Oh but you cannot] - we are not skint, lots of money has been saved by letting folk go early and at the moment it is 14 minus 1 less wages every day. (at the very least over a grand a day being saved)

How much has been saved then, give us a figure?

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Good luck to Eck. A tidy player who done us a job and was part of a very enjoyable time supporting the club. I guess the manager thinks his injuries have finally caught up with him.

A leftback should be high up the recruitment list now as it’s completely unreasonable to put a 17 year old centre midfielder there for most of the season!

Agree on signing a left back.  Good luck to Eck