January Exits

W6Saint

35 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

UNLIKE YOU - I am not pretending to know the figures - BUT common sense (not sure if you understand that) tells you that 15 players out, even if they were on average Premier League wages we would be saving something like £12,000 every week (15 x £800) then you add in the fact that Samson, who was most LIKELY to have been on well above  the average has been away for over 7 weeks - that could easily be another £14,000; and Willock, Coulson and BM too are in that category.

Guys like Hammill on big money and no doubt Smith was earning far more than average and not producing much for it...

Did we get money for Smith? (even if it was only £5,000) it all helps

Any way you keep jumping from we will only sign 2 or 3    to     4 or 5       to 5 or 6     and back to 2 or 3 again - I hope you are having fun - you are certainly giving many of us a really good laugh - so THANKS...

common sense and a reasonable life experience tell you that people don't walk away from well paid jobs without compensation

it would also tell you that league one sides cant afford premiership player's wages, so someone is picking up some of the tab.

the last accounts showed the club would have made a loss had they not had funds from SMISA, the AGM uncovered that the McGinn money is by no means fully paid.

Common snese would not allow  you to continually purport opinion as fact.

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nice, you come with that last line all by yourself? Usually people get banned or sin-binned for knuckle dragging name calling like that.

pray can you tell me how its saving money, by paying someone to play for another club?

Because if someone who has contributed zero minutes this season and is on say 1k a week, leaves and the club loaning him covers half that wage, we are saving £500 a week given that we are liable for his full wages when he's at the club whether he plays or not. Which he wasn't doing. 

It's really not difficult to grasp. 

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

common sense and a reasonable life experience tell you that people don't walk away from well paid jobs without compensation

it would also tell you that league one sides cant afford premiership player's wages, so someone is picking up some of the tab.

the last accounts showed the club would have made a loss had they not had funds from SMISA, the AGM uncovered that the McGinn money is by no means fully paid.

Common snese would not allow  you to continually purport opinion as fact.

I am not sure about common snese - but you are not producing any facts here either - just your purported opinions too - unless you can give us actual relevant evidence?

You are a whole lot more logical that LPM though - but that is not too much of a compliment - my dig at him is simply he only presents one side, the most negative that he can imagine.

We don't know if or how much compensation or money we took in from any of those who have gone - but did we have any other option than to get rid of those who were adding no value, even if there are costs involved in that? - and the McGinn money, I understand that this means we will get at least one more chunk of that at some point soon? (so not sure how that will not be advantageous for us? - Perhaps you can provide more on this?)

Most people play hard ball, agents and clubs - but some players when they know that they have next to no chance of playing want away - this is a factor - it is not only about how much they can grab on the way out the door.

There are more factors than these - but there is no point in working out loads of other possibilities - we will see who comes in and what our accounts show in the longer term..

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Because if someone who has contributed zero minutes this season and is on say 1k a week, leaves and the club loaning him covers half that wage, we are saving £500 a week given that we are liable for his full wages when he's at the club whether he plays or not. Which he wasn't doing. 

It's really not difficult to grasp. 

only one side of his brain works...

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Aye, okay, I haven't been keeping up to date with it all! :lol: :P

My source was actually someone I work with whose missus is friends with Lyness' missus. Or something like that!

At least my source was correct!

I did laugh at "A source tells me". Breathtaking pomposity. I was both proud and jealous of you at the same time. :lol:

33 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You are wrong here.

Would you seriously be content to turn up for work each day without being allowed to do the job you were paid for just to keep a salary? That is a f**king bleak way to live bud.

People leave well paid positions for a variety of reasons and that is especially true when they are being under-employed as Eck was.

He will almost certainly be guaranteed to be playing each week. He might also be getting the chance to do a bit of coaching whilst winding down his playing career. He might be wanting to start his own business and playing part time might suit. There are a myriad of reasons why he might be "stepping down".

He will be thinking of the bigger picture. Successful people usually do.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So thats yet another dud the club is having to pay part of his wages until his contract is up. Anyone STILL think we are saving money?

So do you recommend that we should have kept him and paid ALL his wages, having played no games this season?

How can you NOT see that we are saving the money that Forfar are paying? OR are you just trying to get responses?

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So do you recommend that we should have kept him and paid ALL his wages, having played no games this season?

How can you NOT see that we are saving the money that Forfar are paying? OR are you just trying to get responses?

. .all he ever does , goes right back to his "Somner" days

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So thats yet another dud the club is having to pay part of his wages until his contract is up. Anyone STILL think we are saving money?

If you think paying PART of someone's wages instead of ALL of someone's wages doesn't represent a saving then you really should stop posting about financial matters because you are making an arse of yourself. :lol:

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you think paying PART of someone's wages instead of ALL of someone's wages doesn't represent a saving then you really should stop posting about financial matters because you are making an arse of yourself. :lol:

Should also take into account what your paying the replacement for the player. 

Disappointed that Eck didn't leave on a high after being such an important part of the title winning squad.
Interesting move to go part time - assume that was a conscious decision on his part.
Wish him well!

Has he gone part time I thought he had gone on loan for the rest of the season, could he still be training full time with us?

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Or maybe with the Championship being mostly full time clubs he is taking the same option as Goodwin did, going part-time with football and getting a well paid part-time job and earning more that way than he would as a full time Championship player?

Or he’s an over the hill, injury prone defender that couldn’t get a game at left back in our pitiful team ahead of a 17yr old central midfielder and decided to take the best offer he could which was a team placed 4th in League One.

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

Bye Cammy, thanks for the memories, think our clubs could be passing each other at the end of the season.

Bye Eck, thanks for the memories, great signing for Forfar.

Both will always be champions. :)

Both should have been part of a double winning team last season but Jack Ross screwed it by disrespecting our Club. 

Well rid of them all. 

Tinged with sadness to see both guys go but we have to move on. Eck was clearly not going to play any part this season and Cammy is talented but just didn't show enough so far. Shame as I thought he may have looked better with better players around him bit we've done well to get a fee for a guy who would have left in 6 months for nothing. 

Glad smith has gone. Stubbs called him right in the summer; not up to it in the Premiership. Seems Kearney agreed and when he subbed him off as a sub at Easter Road it was clear his time was up.

Hopefully he doesn’t come back to haunt us next season...