January Exits

W6Saint

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I thought Flynn started well and his running looked decent, a few slack passes though. He might be away but the sub was likely tactical more than anything else. 

I think that's fair bazil but this happens more often than you might be entitled to expect from a player with his talent.  He needs to impose himself more. The first 10 minutes was very open and we might have taken the lead early on.. But didn't. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Another big payoff for Kpwenka, jeez the cash is fair flying oot the door. This board have f**ked up royally.

casting my mind back to before the window opened, and people suggesting we might sign five or six new/loanees. Well i was wrong to think we wouldnt indeed bring that many in, but then again with SIXTEEN having gone out, and possibly a couple more to follow..? We need five or six just to get eleven on the feckin pitch!

this has got to have been the most cash our board have jizzed away for many a year? 

Edited by Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Another big payoff for Kpwenka, jeez the cash is fair flying oot the door. This board have f**ked up royally.

casting my mind back to before the window opened, and people suggesting we might sign five or six new/loanees. Well i was wrong to think we wouldnt indeed bring that many in, but then again with SIXTEEN having gone out, and possibly a couple more to follow..? We need five or six just to get eleven on the feckin pitch!

this has got to have been the most cash our board have jizzed away for many a year? 

:lol:

But....but no money!

But,....delusional if you think we'll bring in more than about 3 players!

So which are we doing? Are we scaling back or spunking money? You've now accused us of doing both.

We simply can't be doing both. 2 weeks ago you had convinced yourself and were trying to convince everyone that we were letting folk go to scale right down. Now we're full of reckless abandon. :lol: 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

So which are we doing? Are we scaling back or spunking money? You've now accused us of doing both.

We simply can't be doing both. 2 weeks ago you had convinced yourself and were trying to convince everyone that we were letting folk go to scale right down. Now we're full of reckless abandon. :lol: 

Dont you think sixteen out and five in is not scaling down ffs? The club are having to pay players to leave, and go on loan. And still have to pay whoever they recruit (so far five extra wages)

Just now, Paisleyporridge said:

How do you know there was a pay off?

You think he walked out of a two year contract for nowt?

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

depending what is out there I wouldn’t mind getting rid of Cooke,Flynn and kellerman.

I know a lot of fans are taking to Cooke but I just haven’t been impressed by him at all think he would end up in part time football if he stayed in Scotland after we release him.

If we release him, he'll head back to sunny Truro. 

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

To think nobody could have got it harder than Mr.Gilmour in some peoples eyes.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont you think sixteen out and five in is not scaling down ffs? The club are having to pay players to leave, and go on loan. And still have to pay whoever they recruit (so far five extra wages.

The squad needed scaling down., no doubt some of the departures will have been sweetened but the real question is whether or not we come out of the window with a squad of 21/22 (excluding youth players) capable of competing at Bottom 6 level.

37 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont you think sixteen out and five in is not scaling down ffs? The club are having to pay players to leave, and go on loan. And still have to pay whoever they recruit (so far five extra wages)

First - Go on then tell us who we are having to pay-off?  (Names and evidence that supports this assertion please?)  :withstupid

Second - we have signed 6 not 5 . plus we re signed Ferdinand for the rest of the season.   Not sure how this is 5 extra wages when we have stopped paying 16 (2 in part) -even if you cut out the 2 we have loaned out - simple arithmetic decrees 14 - 6 = 8 less wages currently   -  :kickass  Sums not your strong point? (I don't know what is!)

Third - once again you ASS U ME we have paid off players to leave and to go on loan. Those who have gone on loan will mean that we pay less of their wages - so that is a plus for our budget too (This has been explained to you before, but it goes Whoosh over your head or straight in one ear and out the other). It seems that we also got some cash for Smith (But you always miss the positives) ... Who did we have to pay-off and how much did it cost? You have no idea, and nor do I - but I strongly suspect the BOD managed this really well - it is their job to do so and I see no evidence that they have NOT turned the Stubzo debacle around better than most fans could have expected.

What was KP's choice - stay out of football, even reserve football for 2 years just to keep picking up a wage from a club that clearly wants nothing to do with you? Take the money and watch your chance at a career fritter away for 2 years - I don't think so . . . So chances were it would be little more than a token pay-off to free him to play some football over the next 2 years...   :boxing

Fourth - We are NOT done in the Transfer Window - so how can we afford more players when in your accounting the BOD have frittered all our money away? :booty

Cheers for the entertainment !   :cheers

Edited by Sweeper07
error 6 in not 5

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

The squad needed scaling down., no doubt some of the departures will have been sweetened but the real question is whether or not we come out of the window with a squad of 21/22 (excluding youth players) capable of competing at Bottom 6 level.

Indeed, as well as seeing if two or three other teams can be equally as competitive?

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

First - Go on then tell us who we are having to pay-off?  (Names and evidence that supports this assertion please?)  :withstupid

Second - we have signed 6 not 5 . plus we re signed Ferdinand for the rest of the season.   Not sure how this is 5 extra wages when we have stopped paying 16 (2 in part) -even if you cut out the 2 we have loaned out - simple arithmetic decrees 14 - 5 = 9 less wages currently   -  :kickass  Sums not your strong point? (I don't know what is!)

Third - once again you ASS U ME we have paid off players to leave and to go on loan. Those who have gone on loan will mean that we pay less of their wages - so that is a plus for our budget too (This has been explained to you before, but it goes Whoosh over your head or straight in one ear and out the other). It seems that we also got some cash for Smith (But you always miss the positives) ... Who did we have to pay-off and how much did it cost? You have no idea, and nor do I - but I strongly suspect the BOD managed this really well - it is their job to do so and I see no evidence that they have NOT turned the Stubzo debacle around better than most fans could have expected.

What was KP's choice - stay out of football, even reserve football for 2 years just to keep picking up a wage from a club that clearly wants nothing to do with you? Take the money and watch your chance at a career fritter away for 2 years - I don't think so . . . So chances were it would be little more than a token pay-off to free him to play some football over the next 2 years...   :boxing

Fourth - We are NOT done in the Transfer Window - so how can we afford more players when in your accounting the BOD have frittered all our money away? :booty

Cheers for the entertainment !   :cheers

I see you writing letters of complaint in green ink. We always had a cast iron rule.. never do home visits to anyone who writes in in green ink!

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I think that's fair bazil but this happens more often than you might be entitled to expect from a player with his talent.  He needs to impose himself more. The first 10 minutes was very open and we might have taken the lead early on.. But didn't. 

I think it's a bit harsh for a player that only played for part of a half. Can't judge Flynn too heavily on that game. 

40 minutes ago, pod said:

If we release him, he'll head back to sunny Truro. 

You obviously can’t have spent much time in Cornwall :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

I know a lot of fans are taking to Cooke but I just haven’t been impressed by him at all think he would end up in part time football if he stayed in Scotland after we release him.

I reckon Cody will stay for the season. He seems to be the one who’s kept his head and worked his backside off to fight for his place where others have taken hissy fits or given up. He may not be the best, but Kearney has stated he needs players up for the fight, Cody has clearly shown he’s a fighter, and that attitude could go a long way for us. This battle to survive isn’t just physical, it’s mental too, and I reckon Kearney values that in Cody and will at least give him until the end of the season. Finding the net against Alloa can only help his chances. He may not be the best, I guess it’s like having Wardlaw again. Occasional goal, not brilliant but gives everything he can, and from Cody’s effort to prove himself to Kearney we could be seeing something similar.