January Exits

W6Saint

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

You obviously can’t have spent much time in Cornwall :rolleyes:

Correct.  Bristol a couple of times following St.Mirren and further south to sunny Bournemouth(must have got lucky) not supporting St.Mirren.  Might get there one day. :wink:

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I reckon Cody will stay for the season. He seems to be the one who’s kept his head and worked his backside off to fight for his place where others have taken hissy fits or given up. He may not be the best, but Kearney has stated he needs players up for the fight, Cody has clearly shown he’s a fighter, and that attitude could go a long way for us. This battle to survive isn’t just physical, it’s mental too, and I reckon Kearney values that in Cody and will at least give him until the end of the season. Finding the net against Alloa can only help his chances. He may not be the best, I guess it’s like having Wardlaw again. Occasional goal, not brilliant but gives everything he can, and from Cody’s effort to prove himself to Kearney we could be seeing something similar.

It is clear from Oran's post match interview that Cooke is here to stay. He praises him for chasing in and beginning the fightback.

If he does that once or twice in the league he more than merits a place in this squad - we are low on bodies and Oran needs a squad of players who can all contribute when given the chance.

16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I reckon Cody will stay for the season. He seems to be the one who’s kept his head and worked his backside off to fight for his place where others have taken hissy fits or given up. He may not be the best, but Kearney has stated he needs players up for the fight, Cody has clearly shown he’s a fighter, and that attitude could go a long way for us. This battle to survive isn’t just physical, it’s mental too, and I reckon Kearney values that in Cody and will at least give him until the end of the season. Finding the net against Alloa can only help his chances. He may not be the best, I guess it’s like having Wardlaw again. Occasional goal, not brilliant but gives everything he can, and from Cody’s effort to prove himself to Kearney we could be seeing something similar.

To be fair I've been to Cornwall twice. Based in Saltash, we just went exporing. Looe, Perranporth, Bude, Fowey - so many gorgeous little towns and beaches. First time we were there when Andy Murray won his first Wimbledon and it was about 30 degrees all week, second time we had half rain and half sunshine - torrential wind and rain when we went to St Michael's Mount.

A lovely part of the country. On Cooke, I'm of the opinion that his attitude has clearly been spot on, and that he has shown glimpses of perhaps being better than we first thought. Definitely one to have around the squad and on the bench, and if he forces his way into the team then we all win.

51 minutes ago, pod said:

Correct.  Bristol a couple of times following St.Mirren and further south to sunny Bournemouth(must have got lucky) not supporting St.Mirren.  Might get there one day. :wink:

There you go then! Sun is plentiful here but often it’s the four seasons in one day, especially this time of year. Couple of decent months in summer. Granted Paisley is permanent rain cloud between Oct-May I guess anything is sunny :lol:

37 minutes ago, Soctty said:

To be fair I've been to Cornwall twice. Based in Saltash, we just went exporing. Looe, Perranporth, Bude, Fowey - so many gorgeous little towns and beaches. First time we were there when Andy Murray won his first Wimbledon and it was about 30 degrees all week, second time we had half rain and half sunshine - torrential wind and rain when we went to St Michael's Mount.

A lovely part of the country. On Cooke, I'm of the opinion that his attitude has clearly been spot on, and that he has shown glimpses of perhaps being better than we first thought. Definitely one to have around the squad and on the bench, and if he forces his way into the team then we all win.

Yeah, there are definitely some lovely areas down this way. Your weather report sums it up, can be bleddy lovely down here but it can proper pish it down as well.

Its definitely still a big step up for Cooke but he has shown the exact mental attitude required that Kearney has been wanting while making his decisions on who can stay, leave and join. And the desire to chase down what looked like a harmless shot on Saturday may well have been what saved our skins. Could be the major difference in a league match if he does more of the same. 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont you think sixteen out and five in is not scaling down ffs? The club are having to pay players to leave, and go on loan. And still have to pay whoever they recruit (so far five extra wages)

You think he walked out of a two year contract for nowt?

Have a look st Sweepers reply to you. I think it is quite credible and couldn’t have put it better myself.

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

What was KP's choice - stay out of football, even reserve football for 2 years just to keep picking up a wage from a club that clearly wants nothing to do with you? Take the money and watch your chance at a career fritter away for 2 years - I don't think so . . . So chances were it would be little more than a token pay-off to free him to play some football over the next 2 years...   

FAO LPM for ease of reference re Kpekawa. 

PS good luck to the lad. 

Interestingly a certain Mr Hammill scored in the 87th minute on Saturday for Scunthorpe to frustrate our ex-manager in yet another draw for his new found east coast adventure! :D

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2019/january/goal-hammill-v-sunderland-h/

Edited by The Original 59er

5 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Interestingly a certain Mr Hammill scored in the 87th minute on Saturday for Scunthorpe to frustrate our ex-manager in yet another draw for his new found east coast adventure! :D

Sunderland cost my coupon for the 3rd time this season on Saturday.  Fecking last time !