January Exits

W6Saint

19 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Haven't they done this already with Miller?

Probably, but where would Dundee draw the line?

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hamill out Adam in I would take

Would our BOD stretch that far though? It woukd be a BIG wage

Hamill was on 3500 a week

Depends how much the money matters to Charlie at this point of his career. He’ll have done well for himself, perhaps it’s the playing that will matter more now.

8 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Can't see us having any chance of getting Adam in, hope i'm wrong. Hammill was always going to leave, it would be nice to see some players  incoming soon. 

I'm sure we will over the next few weeks. Will this be before we play Alloa? Will be an interesting team selection and game!

8 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We've done the easy bit so far, getting rid of players. The hard bit is finding 4/5 players who are good enough to go straight into the team.

I think we, ve done okay, Willock going should allow us to bring in a loanee,savings on Kirkpatrick and McShane wages should allow us to get a decent player and Hamill, s wage should also allow us to bring in a quality player. So steady progress is being made. 

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think we, ve done okay, Willock going should allow us to bring in a loanee,savings on Kirkpatrick and McShane wages should allow us to get a decent player and Hamill, s wage should also allow us to bring in a quality player. So steady progress is being made. 

I agree with everything that's materialised so far but as i said the best business is obviously going to need to be the incomings.

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Don't disagree but we may need to be patient as the best of those available may be in a position to weigh up offers from more than one club.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Lee Erwin is out in Iran playing is he not?!

Quit last month.

Homesick by all accounts

ETA....Stokes quit the same team in Nov, but has since returned. They have both been reported to FIFA by the Iranians

Edited by Prague Buddie

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I wouldn’t support us paying any player that amount if it’s grossly out of sync with the rest of the squad. I’d rather 2 or 3 players than a ‘Big Time Charlie’.

13 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Quit last month.

Homesick by all accounts

ETA....Stokes quit the same team in Nov, but has since returned. They have both been reported to FIFA by the Iranians

In that case it won't be as easy as snapping him up on a freebie. 

Sol Coulibally sat in limbo for nearly a year when he left his Egyptian team before he was allowed to sign for Partick. 

19 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I wouldn’t support us paying any player that amount if it’s grossly out of sync with the rest of the squad. I’d rather 2 or 3 players than a ‘Big Time Charlie’.

Stubbs had a quantity of 28 players and still couldn’t find a team good enough for the Premiership....or Championship for that matter

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Stubbs had a quantity of 28 players and still couldn’t find a team good enough for the Premiership....or Championship for that matter

Both yourself and Aldo make decent arguments. Each of you are coming from different directions. My take is that I back Cornwall on this as the main objective of this transfer window is to build a team capable of keeping us in the Premiership. If we do that then the next window would be more about long term planning IMO.

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The Victor/Archibald method didn’t work well either...

I guess it’s about being smart with the budget, will be a test of Oran’s skills and his ability to step up to this level.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I think your estimation of Hammells wage is about as accurate as your recall of the 2014 / 15 season.

38 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

The Victor/Archibald method didn’t work well either...

I guess it’s about being smart with the budget, will be a test of Oran’s skills and his ability to step up to this level.

According to TF in his book, Victor and Archibald were only on £300 a week.

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The real trick will be offloading Heaton, King, Kpekawa, followed by Edwards, Hodson, Rogers. That was quite a transfer window we had in the summer given Coulson, Kellerman, Brock-Madsen , Willock and Hammill are already away.

Hodson i'd keep, but the rest should be on their way.